GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 23 Apr 2018, 20:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pearson cancelled my GMAT!! Help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member
Pearson cancelled my GMAT!! Help [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 13:00
Dear all,

I have received the following message a day before my exam on Saturday 6-Jan-2018.

I tried contacting Pearson and gmac on all possible contacts available on website but no response on email or call maybe due to the weekend.

I went to the center as well today during my schedule but the center was shutdown.

It's one of the most popular center of Mumbai being used for years. Andheri East - Solitaire park.

Please help!!

Dear candidate,

You are receiving this email message because you are scheduled to test at a Pearson VUE or third party test center and we will not be able to deliver your exam at that time. Your exam appointment may need to be rescheduled, depending on your exam’s reschedule policies.

We have started contacting everyone affected by this issue. If you prefer to call us to discuss your options regarding your appointment before we reach you, please have the Case ID provided in this e-mail ready when calling us.

Sent from my moto x4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
2 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 13:20
This post received
KUDOS
Hey dhruvil2018 ,

Sorry to hear this. This has happened to me also in the past. I had my exam at 8:30 am and I received an email almost an hour before the exam stating that my exam had been cancelled.

I will suggest call them tomorrow (that's when they should help you because today is a weekend for them).

Once you call them, they will reschedule your exam at no cost. I know this is very annoying but that's how it is.

Calm down and give your best shot soon.

All the best :)

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

How to use this forum in THE BEST way?

New --> How ApplicantLab made me reach my 10 years long MBA dream?

1 KUDOS received
Verbal Forum Moderator
P
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Pearson cancelled my GMAT!! Help [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 21:39
This post received
KUDOS
Hello dhruvil2018 - Don't worry they will re-schedule your exam with no charge, I understand that last moment notification can be frustrating but nothing anyone can do over here. Hope this helps you further to study for some more time ;)

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

Best AWA Template: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html#p470475

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 02:35
This post received
KUDOS
Dear dhruvil2018

Really Sad to hear that. As i heard, Gmac never cancel or reschedule anybody's exam for no reason.
There may be definite reason that the exam could not be scheduled on the date you booked. No worries.. Call them or reply to email and reschedule your exam . I Guess they wont charge for this.

I know its really frustrating, when you are really ready for exam and all your mindset is focused and at the last day you get such a surprise.
make your mindset again and Good Luck to your exam. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 11:47
Well, they couldn't provide me any option before 15th January in Mumbai. They were not ready to accommodate me any day before 15 Jan by adding an extra seat in Mumbai Center.

I am writing my applications for ISB currently. I am too tight on schedule due to my job and would be really difficult to get another set of leaves for GMAT again.

However, I have agreed for Ahmedabad location for 12th Afternoon and that costed me some unplanned leaves and and a very costly air tickets. I did request a lot to reschedule me to Mumbai in case any of the seats are available later due to someone's cancelling or rescheduling but then they denied and asked for extra charge and also mentioned that no one would notify from their side in that case to reschedule.

Well, they are blunt about the situation saying - "Yes, we **** up so what. Reschedule one time free and **** off!! We don't care if you have to move anywhere for it."

Got same response everywhere

They have no proper policies to handle such cases well. I bet people will get their scores ruined or applications missed with such behavior of Pearson in case of cancellations.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 02:16
Dear dhruvil2018 ,

Really sad to hear that. Even i never expected about this from GMAC. Can you please write all this to them in mail. I dont know if you would get anything productive out of this or not.
So i will advice you to better concentrate on your exam rather than all these stuff. Because if you will think this all over before exam ; you may not give your best and it may be very difficult for you to get into ISB.

So please concentrate for exam rather than all these stuff. Good Luck for your GMAT brother :thumbup: :thumbup:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V46
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 06:08
This post received
KUDOS
dhruvil2018 wrote:
Dear all,

I have received the following message a day before my exam on Saturday 6-Jan-2018.

I tried contacting Pearson and gmac on all possible contacts available on website but no response on email or call maybe due to the weekend.

I went to the center as well today during my schedule but the center was shutdown.

It's one of the most popular center of Mumbai being used for years. Andheri East - Solitaire park.

Please help!!

Dear candidate,

You are receiving this email message because you are scheduled to test at a Pearson VUE or third party test center and we will not be able to deliver your exam at that time. Your exam appointment may need to be rescheduled, depending on your exam’s reschedule policies.

We have started contacting everyone affected by this issue. If you prefer to call us to discuss your options regarding your appointment before we reach you, please have the Case ID provided in this e-mail ready when calling us.

Sent from my moto x4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Dear dhruvil2018,

I hope this does not get on your way of acing the exam! keep up the stamina, the spirit, and view it as a way of getting extra days to prepare! As others have noted, there should be no additional charges or any other inconvenience to you! ;) ;)

----------------------------------------
Kudos are more than welcome! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 10:59
Got 700 :(
Q51
V33

One shouldn't travel a night before exam, I have learnt.
Got exhausted after 28 questions in verbal. My mocks were 720+.
Was expecting Verbal at 38.

Cheers
Top Contributor
Senior RC Moderator
P
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 11:19
Top Contributor
dhruvil2018 wrote:
Got 700 :(
Q51
V33

One shouldn't travel a night before exam, I have learnt.
Got exhausted after 28 questions in verbal. My mocks were 720+.
Was expecting Verbal at 38.

Cheers

Mocks- are always slightly on the higher side. Remember you don't have experimental questions. So +/-30 will be your score on actual test.

But it is really a decent score. You got Q51. If you applying for some schools in R2 then focus on other aspects of the apps. 700 falls right in the middle of Mid-80% range. So don't worry.

If you are planning to apply for next year intake. You can prepare again for one or two months. And try to get at least 760+ in mocks. You can reach 740+ in next attempt. But make sure you get your test done by May so that you can start your focus on apps for R1.

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Re: Pearson cancelled my GMAT!! Help   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2018, 11:19

Pearson cancelled my GMAT!! Help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR APRIL
Math Revolution - $79/3 mo Special sale until April 30
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Free Full GMAT video course, 100% free
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap