It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 22:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please Evaluate Me for entering Fall 2017!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.45
Please Evaluate Me for entering Fall 2017! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2016, 13:17
Nationality: East Asian (US Citizen)
GMAT: Currently getting 700 on practice tests, shooting for 720-730.

WE: 1 Yr Operations Analyst at a Bulging Bracket Bank

2 Yrs(by matriculation) at a Renewable Energy company as a Business Analyst in their Operations & Analytics Team. Created presentations and reports for top level executives including CEO and was involved in projects that increased revenue and produced significant cost savings for the company.

Volunteer Experience
3 Years Teaching English classes to older immigrants (mostly parents of American born children like me).
Youth Leader 1 Year
Raised money to help stop children trafficking for 9 Months. (Personally raised around 10k)

Undergrad

Student Government Vice President - 1 Year
Career Center Consultant 1 Year - reviewed resumes and did mock interviews for students.

MBA Plans: Short Term - MBB Consulting, Long Term - go back to a Renewable Energy company as an exec or start my own company.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Please Evaluate Me for entering Fall 2017! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2016, 23:17
Hi there!

You have a good profile and could be attractive candidate for Tuck as well as your target employers.

Since your post-MBA goal is to join MBB for consulting, I'd say a significant part of your candidature would rest on your GMAT score. The top consulting firms have a cut off of 700 on GMAT when inviting you for interview for recruiting. B-schools take into account this fact while admitting new students. And consulting being most common and highly sought after post-MBA career, its gets very competitive.

Therefore, I'd suggest, at this time, please devote your time to get the best score you can. Aiming for 720+ would help you greatly.

If you want to talk more or need help with your application, email me!

Good luck!

Free Consultation
www.vibranture.com/free-consultation.htm

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 23

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
Re: Please Evaluate Me for entering Fall 2017! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2016, 08:16
Vibranture wrote:
Hi there!

You have a good profile and could be attractive candidate for Tuck as well as your target employers.

Since your post-MBA goal is to join MBB for consulting, I'd say a significant part of your candidature would rest on your GMAT score. The top consulting firms have a cut off of 700 on GMAT when inviting you for interview for recruiting. B-schools take into account this fact while admitting new students. And consulting being most common and highly sought after post-MBA career, its gets very competitive.

Therefore, I'd suggest, at this time, please devote your time to get the best score you can. Aiming for 720+ would help you greatly.

If you want to talk more or need help with your application, email me!

Good luck!

Free Consultation
http://www.vibranture.com/free-consultation.htm

Thanks for the response!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Schools: Duke '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2016, 06:09
Nationality: Indian
Undergrad: BE Electronics and Telecommunications - 63% (We do not have a GPA/relative scoring system, this score is decently above median)
GMAT: 730 (Q50 V39).

WE: 1 Year in a Private Equity (PE) advisory and support firm
2 Yrs in a Global Investment Bank
6 months (currently) in a large India focused Growth PE

Volunteer Experience
1 Year of mentoring an underprivileged child,
1 Year Pro bono tutoring to two underprivileged kids

Extra curricular: Sanskrit Scholar; Yoga practitioner and teacher;

MBA Plans: Short Term - Associate at an Emerging Markets tech focused PE, Long term: Partner at a similar PE

Inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 32

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2016, 07:49
jogi159 wrote:
Nationality: Indian
Undergrad: BE Electronics and Telecommunications - 63% (We do not have a GPA/relative scoring system, this score is decently above median)
GMAT: 730 (Q50 V39).First- congrats on upping your GMAT score!

WE: 1 Year in a Private Equity (PE) advisory and support firm
2 Yrs in a Global Investment Bank
6 months (currently) in a large India focused Growth PE

Volunteer Experience
1 Year of mentoring an underprivileged child,
1 Year Pro bono tutoring to two underprivileged kids

Extra curricular: Sanskrit Scholar; Yoga practitioner and teacher;

MBA Plans: Short Term - Associate at an Emerging Markets tech focused PE, Long term: Partner at a similar PE

Inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I think you have the potential to be competitive at Tuck and many top programs- but you will have to demonstrate why Tuck appeals to you- also highlight your global and your team experiences. It is great that you already have some PE experience! Be sure to visit - or if you can't do that participate in online chats and local MBA tours where you can meet someone from Tuck- you will need to show why this program (and really for any program) has some unique aspects that really make sense for me. If you'd like to learn more about how we can help you in presenting your best self... call us for a free consult and we can talk more: https://stratusprep.com/free-consult/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 32

Re: Please Evaluate Me for entering Fall 2017!   [#permalink] 23 Sep 2016, 07:49