It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 00:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

PREP FOR IMPROVING QUANT SCORE 47 TO 50+ 2 MONTHS??

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.65
PREP FOR IMPROVING QUANT SCORE 47 TO 50+ 2 MONTHS?? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2017, 10:49
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi everyone,

I am looking for advice on the best prep materials (books, online, whatever) to improve my quant score in 2 months or less:

In my second official GMAT I scored 700, with Q47. I usually get very decent scores in Verbal (40+), so I am only looking to boost my quant score, hopefully, above 50.

For my first exam I prepared with the OG only, and I think I lack a lot in terms of concepts and foundation. However, I don't want to use a tool that will teach me what a square root is and will not take me above the 50+ level in quant. What type of prep do you guys think would be best for me? Some tool with more theory than the OG but that actually takes you to advance levels?

Please leave any suggestions here.

Thanks!
Expert Post
Math Expert
V
Re: PREP FOR IMPROVING QUANT SCORE 47 TO 50+ 2 MONTHS?? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2017, 10:55
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
quantrace wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am looking for advice on the best prep materials (books, online, whatever) to improve my quant score in 2 months or less:

In my second official GMAT I scored 700, with Q47. I usually get very decent scores in Verbal (40+), so I am only looking to boost my quant score, hopefully, above 50.

For my first exam I prepared with the OG only, and I think I lack a lot in terms of concepts and foundation. However, I don't want to use a tool that will teach me what a square root is and will not take me above the 50+ level in quant. What type of prep do you guys think would be best for me? Some tool with more theory than the OG but that actually takes you to advance levels?

Thanks!

Check this: Best GMAT Math Prep Books (Reviews & Recommendations).

Also, go through this: ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT.

Hope it helps.

New to the Math Forum?
Please read this: Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | All You Need for Quant | PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 12 Rules for Posting!!!

Resources:
GMAT Math Book | Triangles | Polygons | Coordinate Geometry | Factorials | Circles | Number Theory | Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets | PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders | GMAT Prep Software Analysis | SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) | Tricky questions from previous years.

Collection of Questions:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

What are GMAT Club Tests?
Extra-hard Quant Tests with Brilliant Analytics

1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
P
GRE 1: 323 Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: PREP FOR IMPROVING QUANT SCORE 47 TO 50+ 2 MONTHS?? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2017, 11:26
This post received
KUDOS
quantrace wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I am going to try to be straight forward here.
1) Are 2 months enough to go from Q47 to Q50 => Absolutely.That is enough time.
2) What resources would i need =>
One => Download the GC math book
Two => For each segment you complete everyday, solve at-least 10-20 problems using the forum tags.
Three => Follow Bunuel on the forum. He pumps in several questions each day.Make a habit to solve them up.
Four => Give special focus to Statistics and Number properties. If you nail these => Q49 is a given.
Five => Get a good test series => GC tests are the best in here.

All the best.

Regards
Stone Cold

Getting into HOLLYWOOD with an MBA

Stone Cold's Mock Tests for GMAT-Quant(700+)

Re: PREP FOR IMPROVING QUANT SCORE 47 TO 50+ 2 MONTHS??   [#permalink] 25 May 2017, 11:26

PREP FOR IMPROVING QUANT SCORE 47 TO 50+ 2 MONTHS??

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap