GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 03:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for MBA in Canada

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Profile Evaluation for MBA in Canada  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 20:17
Profile Evaluation:

GMAT: 620 ( Q40, V35, IR 3)
Matric: 66%
Pre-Engineering: 77%
Mechanical Engineering: CGPA 3.62/4
Experience: 5 years in a well reputed company and held important roles-Currently employed in the same company.
Extra-curricular activities: Captain of the university cricket and squash team. Active volunteer at SOS Children's Villages.

Can you guys kindly evaluate my profile and suggest whether I should apply to the top 10 business schools in Canada or not for an MBA? I don't have time to retake the GMAT as I'm looking to get admitted in the mid 2019 intake.

I have my TOEFL exam on 8th December, 2018.

Regards,
Shahzil
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Profile Evaluation for MBA in Canada  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 14:49
Hi Shahzil92,

Thank you for your post. What is the purpose for your MBA? Statistically speaking, you will require a stronger GMAT for top 10 Canadian universities (as some have a minimum score requirement). However, it also depends on your ambitions/goals and how strong your presentation of your background and experiences. I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Shahzil92 wrote:
Profile Evaluation:

Experience: 5 years in a well reputed company and held important roles-Currently employed in the same company.
Extra-curricular activities: Captain of the university cricket and squash team. Active volunteer at SOS Children's Villages.

Can you guys kindly evaluate my profile and suggest whether I should apply to the top 10 business schools in Canada or not for an MBA? I don't have time to retake the GMAT as I'm looking to get admitted in the mid 2019 intake.

Regards,
Shahzil

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Director
Director
S
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 06:57
Hi Shahzil92

If your GMAT is 620 you have lot of competition when compared to top 10 Canadian B-schools average GMAT score. Agree with the mates answered above that its a tough call to get into Ivey League B-schools as the competition is too high for International applicants.

While assessing your application, top b-schools looks for candidates who have leadership qualities, your achievements,post MBA goals and career progression.

We have helped applicants from similar profile to top B-Schools in Canada with scholarship. You can also try your chances for top B-Schools by clicking here https://www.genedmba.com/chances-bschoo ... aST2adMtyL For free profile evaluation, please PM your profile details.

General Education
m:+91 9164157770
w: http://www.genedmba.com e: info@genedmba.com

MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2018, 00:45
Hi Shahzil,

You might find it difficult to get into a top 10 program with your current GMAT. You might have to look beyond the top 10 schools, or get a higher GMAT.

Regards,
Karthik

Shahzil92 wrote:
Profile Evaluation:

Regards,
Shahzil

Karthik P.
Founder and CEO,
August Academy.

We are an India based MBA admissions consulting firm. We've been helping Indian MBA applicants (students belonging to the most competitive MBA admissions pool) since 2013. Several of our students study at top 20 schools in the US including Kellogg, MIT, Yale, Ross and Darden, top European schools including London Business School and Oxford, top Canadian schools like Rotman and top Asian schools like ISB and NUS. Our students have won over USD 2.1 Million in scholarships over the last 3 admissions years.

Schedule a free consultation with us.

Click here to view GMATclub verified student testimonials.

Click here to view all our student testimonials.

If you like this post - please give us kudos :) Thanks much!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation for MBA in Canada &nbs [#permalink] 02 Dec 2018, 00:45

Profile Evaluation for MBA in Canada

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap