GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2019, 16:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile evaluation for MIM application 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HEC '22, IIM
Profile evaluation for MIM application 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 23:34
Hi!

I am planning on applying to the MIM Programs at some of the top 10 B-Schools. My profile is as follows.

I have a 8.0 GPA in my Bachelor's degree. I completed my Bachelor's in Botany, Chemistry, and Zoology. At College I also held leadership positions and worked on managing events and cultural fests. I headed the student club of the Botany department and was the editor in chief of the newsletter.

Following that, I worked for 14 months at an MNC in the healthcare industry.

At this time, I wanted to pursue business opportunities and learn more about that field, so I pursued a gap year during which time I completed a course in Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing. In addition, I worked for two months abroad as a business development executive. I have continued to work as a freelance digital marketer and am also going to complete the basic French Proficiency Test.

I have volunteer and internship experience from the past including but not limited to the business and the healthcare domains.

I will be attempting my GMAT next month and would like to evaluate my chances based on my profile, considering I do well on the GMAT.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.99
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Profile evaluation for MIM application 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 04:00
Hi,
Just to give a quick note on my profile I would like to inform that I have completed my b.tech in software (techno management) in 2017.
Post that I worked as Business Evangelist Trainee at a startup in CSM role for 9 months and as a Account Manager in financial firm.
I'm yet to give GMAT but my target score in 650.
I had also co-founder a startup during college for online delivery of groceries.
Currently volunteer at Ngo.
What are my chances for good b school.

Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 19:37
Hi swethachodavarpu,
Assuming you can hit at least a 700 on the GMAT (and the higher the better) you will have a good shot at these schools! You're getting a little bit on the upper end of work experience since you've got more than a year, but given your non-traditional background you still be able to make a strong argument for why you need the MiM. When you have too much experience they start to worry that you no longer need the degree. Good luck to you!

==

***NEW Admissionado Products & Services! ***

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Now, read up and get smart:

That'll get you started. Still have questions? Reach out, and let’s gab. 
Our only requirement is that you don’t prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.

Email: claudia@admissionado.com
Young People: WhatsApp or WeChat (@JonFrankHBS)
Older: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn 
Oldest: 866-409-4753
Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 19:40
Hi aartisaboo,
I'm assuming you're talking about MiM programs rather than MBA programs? For MBA programs, you'll need 3-5 years of work experience to be considered. If you're targeting MiMs, unfortunately it's going to be quite tough to get into a top program with only a 650 GMAT, especially if you by chance are an Indian male (which is an overrepresented demographic among applicants & also one that tends to have high GMAT scores). Ideally you'll want to hit at least a 700 to be competitive at a top school & a 720 would be ideal if you are an Indian male. Any chance you can do some additional studying & improve that GMAT score?

==

***NEW Admissionado Products & Services! ***

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Now, read up and get smart:

That'll get you started. Still have questions? Reach out, and let’s gab. 
Our only requirement is that you don’t prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.

Email: claudia@admissionado.com
Young People: WhatsApp or WeChat (@JonFrankHBS)
Older: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn 
Oldest: 866-409-4753
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.99
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 01:36
Hi,
Yes I'm planning for Mim programs only.I can spend another month for preparation to reach a good score
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 05:27
Hello!

I am planning to apply for MIM for the term of fall 2020.

My profile is as follows

GMAT - 680 , Q-48, V- 35

Undergraduate education- bachelors in mechanical engineering( 2018) Pune University - total 4 years = 61%, with upward trend in the last 2 years.

Extracurricular activities -

1. Led a event in the college fest
2. Have attended various leadership courses ( online and offline).
3. Attended summer program at UBC , Vancouver with courses in Marketing strategy and organisational behaviour.(3 credits each)
4. Used to teach underprivileged kids in a small school near college with friends ( nothing official though).

Work - During college , I have done part time at my father company. Have undertaken projects such has putting processes , making a solid review apparatus for sales people.
I have been working at my father's company full time after returning from UBC ( sept 2018- current) . After my joining we have diversified by including new products and I have taken full responsibility of business development of that product, with 2 engineers under me. My new product line has directly resulted in a increase of around 1/2 million dollars in the turnover.

Hoping to apply for MIM in Duke Fuqua , Michigan Ross , University of Maryland ,
or for MBA in UBC, foster , Tamu, Kelly , rotman.

Please evaluate my profile

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 26 posts ] 

Profile evaluation for MIM application 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Admissionado