GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 02:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Review and suggestions required for further course of action

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20, IIM
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3
Profile Review and suggestions required for further course of action  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 18:05
Dear all

Hello, I would request you to kindly review my profile and suggest the further course of action as I am unsure of what to do.
I have just given my GMAT exam and do not know whether I have enough time to apply. This is a peak time for applying as most of the application deadlines are near. Thus, kindly suggest a course of Action.

GMAT Score (Oct 2018) - 710 (Q - 48, V - 40)
Currently working in Honda Cars India Ltd in Logistics Dept.
Graduation - B.Tech in ME (75% passing percentage overall) from GBPEC, Pauri (A State Govt. affiliated college)
12th Percentage - 89% (ICSE)
10th Percentage - 94% (ICSE)

Not much in extra-curricular activities as have participated only in School/College level.

I am targeting ISB and IIMs for and Executive MBA in Operations.
Is my target achievable with such less time remaining?
Is my target far fetched?
What else I can target with this profile and score?

Kindly guide me.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Profile Review and suggestions required for further course of action  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 21:44
Hi shriyek,

Since you're ultimately asking Admissions questions, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile. There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

http://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admission ... tants-124/

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: Profile Review and suggestions required for further course of action  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2018, 05:18
Helloshriyek

First thing- you have more than enough time to apply.
Deadlines for IIMC- 22 Oct, IIMA- 5 Nov, IIMB/ISB- Early to Mid Dec. So not sure why you are worried on the time front. Only IIMC is a slight worry, but still easily doable.
Coming to your chances, the stats are good, but almost no qualitative input from your end- nature of work, achievements, career progress, career goals nada.
You may have decent shot if you can tie in your past experience (read here) with realistic future goals (read here) in your written application.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

shriyek wrote:
Dear all

Hello, I would request you to kindly review my profile and suggest the further course of action as I am unsure of what to do.
I have just given my GMAT exam and do not know whether I have enough time to apply. This is a peak time for applying as most of the application deadlines are near. Thus, kindly suggest a course of Action.

Graduation - B.Tech in ME (75% passing percentage overall) from GBPEC, Pauri (A State Govt. affiliated college)

Not much in extra-curricular activities as have participated only in School/College level.

Kindly guide me.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 01:10
Hi Shriyek,

You fall in the border for the programs you mention. There are some people with your GMAT score who've made it to these schools and some who have not. A lot depends on the nature of your work experience, and its quality.

Please feel free to get in touch using the "schedule a free profile evaluation call" link below if you want to discuss further.

Regards,
Karthik

shriyek wrote:
Dear all

Kindly guide me.

Karthik P.
Founder and CEO,
August Academy.

We are an India based MBA admissions consulting firm. We've been helping Indian MBA applicants (students belonging to the most competitive MBA admissions pool) since 2013. Several of our students study at top 20 schools in the US including Kellogg, MIT, Yale, Ross and Darden, top European schools including London Business School and Oxford, top Canadian schools like Rotman and top Asian schools like ISB and NUS. Our students have won over USD 2.1 Million in scholarships over the last 3 admissions years.

Schedule a free consultation with us.

Click here to view GMATclub verified student testimonials.

Click here to view all our student testimonials.

If you like this post - please give us kudos :) Thanks much!

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20, IIM
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2018, 01:36
Thanks for the reply
I am sorry, maybe I was too worried so I forgot to mention the other essential details to work with

10th completed in 2008
12th completed in 2010
College completed in 2014
Current status - Working in Honda Cars India (2014 - till now)
Total working experience as of Oct 2018 - 50 months

Working profile - Parts Logistic and Control as a part of Supply Chain Management.
Currently I have not decided what to pursue. But looking forward to Operations/SCM and Consultancy.

Are any other options open for me?

Thank You
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2018, 02:29
Hello shriyek

No new qualitative info has been added except 50 months of work ex.
Regarding other 'options' being open for you- not sure what that means. Do you mean other schools? Then yes of course, several other schools are open for you as an option.
If you mean career options- then mostly a career path should be realistic and organic (mist link with your past and transferable skills) and must fit the profile of the B School. If you work in the ligistics function- SCM, Ops and Production/Manufacturing make the most sense in terms of industry but there are several roles that you could target say General Management, Business Development or even consulting to name a few. It would highly depend on your future plans.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

shriyek wrote:
Thanks for the reply
I am sorry, maybe I was too worried so I forgot to mention the other essential details to work with

10th completed in 2008
12th completed in 2010
College completed in 2014
Current status - Working in Honda Cars India (2014 - till now)
Total working experience as of Oct 2018 - 50 months

Working profile - Parts Logistic and Control as a part of Supply Chain Management.
Currently I have not decided what to pursue. But looking forward to Operations/SCM and Consultancy.

Are any other options open for me?

Thank You

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Review and suggestions required for further course of action &nbs [#permalink] 06 Oct 2018, 02:29

Profile Review and suggestions required for further course of action

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap