It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 03:04

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Review of the best GMAT coaching centres in Bangalore

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Review of the best GMAT coaching centres in Bangalore [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2017, 06:20
Hi,

I have work experience of 3 years and I'm planning to take the GMAT exam this September. This will be my first attempt. I need to join a good coaching centre in Bangalore, and need reviews/suggestions on the same. Please suggest institutes that are equally good for both, quant and verbal. (I feel I will be stronger in verbal than quant.) I'm looking for weekend classes. My target score is 750+.

After researching a bit, I've found most GMAT aspirants in Bangalore prefer EducationAisle or CrackVerbal. But I'm still confused.

Can anyone provide a comparison between the following institutes?
1. Manhattan Review
2. T.I.M.E
3. Jamboree
4. EducationAisle
5. CrackVerbal
6. Byju's

Thanks! :)

Jamboree Discount CodesEMPOWERgmat Discount CodesMagoosh Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 7

Re: Review of the best GMAT coaching centres in Bangalore [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2017, 11:09
I enrolled for Byju’s GMAT program for INR 25,000 . My overall experience was very bad. Please read this, before you go for Byju’s for GMAT. Find below the details:

You will be provided with pre-recorded videos in tablet or SD card. The delivery was quick. They delivered the product to you in 7 working days as promised. Along with the pre-recorded videos, you will be asked to attend online webinar. Ideally we have to attend the webinar after we have learned the basics of that particular topic from the tablet.

The theory given in the tablet is good. But lot of practice questions given in the tablet are incorrect. The questions are very difficult and solution does not make any sense. At the end, it is very difficult to consume the entire material.

Lets come to worst part. The online webinars. I found that the faculty are teaching wrong concepts of Sentence correction in online webinar. I was shocked. I complained to Byju’s and they assured that faculty will be changed but in my next webinar, i found the same faculty. Also, she was a very bad speaker. Let me give you an example:

Imagine a SC question with 5 choices and C be the correct answer. Her response was

Read option A

“So here A is clearly wrong, Ok.”

Read option B

“B is clearly wrong Ok”

“Similarly D and E are wrong, So c is the answer”

I have mail chains of me complaining repeatedly to Byju’s about the tablet questions to be incorrect, online bad faculty. But it was of no use. They never gave me a proper reply and nothing was done about it. Also, when i asked i can come down to the center for doubt clarification, they simply said no to the same.

One more thing with Byjus, they never keep a log. If you are complaining about something, the next time you call, you have to explain everything again as if you are telling them the first time.

Just for credibility to this post. I was actual byju’s student.

Order number: 100066343

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2017, 12:26
NiteshAgarwal wrote:
I enrolled for Byju’s GMAT program for INR 25,000 . My overall experience was very bad. Please read this, before you go for Byju’s for GMAT. Find below the details:

You will be provided with pre-recorded videos in tablet or SD card. The delivery was quick. They delivered the product to you in 7 working days as promised. Along with the pre-recorded videos, you will be asked to attend online webinar. Ideally we have to attend the webinar after we have learned the basics of that particular topic from the tablet.

The theory given in the tablet is good. But lot of practice questions given in the tablet are incorrect. The questions are very difficult and solution does not make any sense. At the end, it is very difficult to consume the entire material.

Lets come to worst part. The online webinars. I found that the faculty are teaching wrong concepts of Sentence correction in online webinar. I was shocked. I complained to Byju’s and they assured that faculty will be changed but in my next webinar, i found the same faculty. Also, she was a very bad speaker. Let me give you an example:

Imagine a SC question with 5 choices and C be the correct answer. Her response was

Read option A

“So here A is clearly wrong, Ok.”

Read option B

“B is clearly wrong Ok”

“Similarly D and E are wrong, So c is the answer”

I have mail chains of me complaining repeatedly to Byju’s about the tablet questions to be incorrect, online bad faculty. But it was of no use. They never gave me a proper reply and nothing was done about it. Also, when i asked i can come down to the center for doubt clarification, they simply said no to the same.

One more thing with Byjus, they never keep a log. If you are complaining about something, the next time you call, you have to explain everything again as if you are telling them the first time.

Just for credibility to this post. I was actual byju’s student.

Order number: 100066343

Thanks! I attended the Byju's demo session on RC today, and it did not seem very helpful to me either. The instructor was someone else, but I wasn't convinced that the techniques he used to solve the questions can be used blindly for all RC problems. They claim to use mathematical formula for solving RC. Not sure, how helpful that is though. They seemed very generalized in their approach, rather than catering to the weak areas of each student. Well, that's out of my options now! So I need to zero in on one of the remaining options. I'm still confused between Manhattan Review, CrackVerbal and EducationAisle.

Top Contributor
Director
Director
S
Affiliations: CrackVerbal

Kudos [?]: 612 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 21:29
Top Contributor
Just stumbled across this post and thought I'd take the opportunity to suggest CrackVerbal.

What sets us apart:

1. Faculty - all our faculty have actually taken the GMAT and speak from experience, not just theory. Most of them are alumni of various top B-schools and work elsewhere - they teach out of pure passion for mentoring MBA aspirants. So when you sit through their classes, you get to learn much more than the essentials of the GMAT. https://gmat.crackverbal.com/why-choose ... t-faculty/

2. Teaching pedagogy : Our classroom and online courses are designed to help non native speakers. We would never use 'too wordy' or 'awkward sounding as a mode of elimination but teach you to eliminate the wrong answer choices for the right reasons. Students looking at personalized attention can also opt for Personal tutoring sessions where you get a 99th percentile GMAT instructor to help you achieve your target GMAT score. It’s a great way to supplement your existing studies or make it your all-in way to prep for test day. https://gmat.crackverbal.com/personal-tutorial-new/

3. Support - our association with you does not end with your classes. We will continue to support you until you get your target score: through customized study plans, calls & emails, an exclusive student-only discussion forum on which every query of yours will be answered by us, periodic refresher sessions & advanced strategy classes and more. In one line, we are just a phone call away! :)

4. Student Success - We have so far helped 2000+ GMAT takers, many of whom have improved from sub-400 to ~700 and made it to their target B-schools. Some success stories and detailed student reviews here: http://www.crackverbal.com/forum/displa ... ebriefs/21

And some tips & strategies from successful students here: https://gmat.crackverbal.com/blog-conte ... s-stories/

We have classroom sessions in Bangalore and Chennai, and live online courses for those in other cities. You can attend one of our classes to see how they can help you,
before signing up. :)

You can also go through some preview videos of our online course the links to which are provided in the signature below.

Join Free 4 part MBA Through GMAT Video Training Series here -
https://gmat.crackverbal.com/mba-through-gmat-video-2018

Enroll for our GMAT Trial Course here -
http://gmatonline.crackverbal.com/

For more info on GMAT and MBA, follow us on @AskCrackVerbal

Kudos [?]: 612 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 01:16
Which one did you end up joining, Aru?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 134 [0], given: 377

GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 07:54
Hi aru2612
Did u join any of the institutes.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Kudos [?]: 134 [0], given: 377

Re: Review of the best GMAT coaching centres in Bangalore   [#permalink] 13 Oct 2017, 07:54

Review of the best GMAT coaching centres in Bangalore

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap