Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:37 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V30
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: Review on Byju's consulting for Admissions [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi folks,

I availed Byju’s MBA admission consultancy service recently. My experience with Byju’s has been satisfactory. The entire process with them was quite smooth, the CV editing, essay brain-storming, the essay writing, etc. What I personally loved about Byju’s is that they guide and not spoon-feed. The team provides unlimited support to cater your needs. For me, the entire process became a learning phase. Now, I know how to shortlist colleges (highly underrated point but actually the most important one), how to tackle essays, what to write, how to write, what to highlight, what to modify, how to build an MBA worthy CV and, much more. I worked on 3 B-schools with Byju’s but now I have the confidence of applying to as many as I wish without seeking anyone’s help. The efforts put during the application process, helped me in interviews as well.

Individual experiences can differ. However, in order to get the most out of Byju’s services (for that matter any consultancy service), keep following points in mind:

1. Approach them well in advance and not a week before the application deadline. CV editing, brain storming, essay writing/reviewing/editing takes time, especially for the first college.
2. Understand the consultants are humans and not Aladdin’s Genie. If you take 2 days to write/edit essay(s), they will also require a day or two to properly review it as you are not their only client and they will be simultaneously working with a number of other candidates as well. Have patience and refer to point 1 in order to avoid last minute chaos.
3. Be as open and candid as possible. Ask questions (even if you think they are stupid or silly), clear your doubts and confusions, and don’t hesitate in sharing your weaknesses or low points (in career or personal life). Conversation is the key! Consultants are just like doctors, don’t hide anything from them. They can help you only when they know YOU!
4. It’s a two-way thing. Consultants work in sync with candidate’s activeness and alertness. If you will leave everything on them and become lazy then everything will fall apart. In case you sense a laid back attitude from your consultant, confront it in a mail, on-call or f2f (escalate the issue if required). No service company wants to jeopardize their image. They will pump back with best of the best services.

Hope you find this review and advice helpful :-)
Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
I worked with Krithika at Byjus and I could not have been happier! I started pretty late for the round 2 and had no idea where to start.
Working with Krithika has been an incredible personal experience that is very hard to find. She was very approachable and helps you to bring out your stories in a very effective way. The good thing about Byju is that you feel like you are working with an individual and not a company.

After multiple iterations and corrections, I got my perfect essays and multiple interview invites :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
I worked with Krithika and team at Byjus and their services were great! The fact that you are working with an company and not an individual cannot be emphasized enough.

With Byjus, you get a great balance of no BS, direct and brutal feedback while at the same time you have encouraging support throughout the entire process. Krithika brainstormed everything with me from start to finish. Byjus is a hidden gem in the admissions consulting space and I have sent many friends to them over the years who also had great success!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hey peeps! I availed BYJU's admissions consulting services for the fall 2018 applications and worked with Krithika Srinivasan - the director of admission consulting services at BYJU's. My experience with them has been extremely pleasent and professional. I started out pretty late, barely scrapping through R2, and was on edge the entire time - but they handeled the entire process really well - from shortinglisting b-schools (twice, since I kept changing my mind) to working on the CV to brainstorming for the essays, going through 6-7 revisions on the essays and finally getting the entire application process completed in time. I received interview invites for all of the schools I applied to. I believe all the advice I received from Krithika was well thought out and you can really tell the depth of experience that she brings with her. She is always critical, blunt and upfront with her opinions and not someone to just 'get things done' in a hurry so it can be shipped out quickly. Overall, I felt that my entire experience with the admissions consulting team at BYJUs was very professional and I loved the fact that they were always super punctual and never missed out on an appointment or edit date of a document. This helped me plan my stuff out too so there was barely any wastage of time. I would highly recommend trying them out!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Review on Byju's consulting for Admissions [#permalink]
I availed Byju's Consultancy during July 2017. Their experience is pretty useful and they have a clear idea on what is required to be a fit in a university.
It is a little pricey, but compared to what you will be paying for the college fee, it's not much. Use their resources well. Please note that their services are only till application phase and not till admit. That one is on you.
However, their job is to help you with CV and essay making which is university specific in which they have done a really good job. They will also tell you whether the universities you choose or aspire is achievable or not. Hope this helps.
I am still awaiting admit at one university, once it's confirmed, I'll post a more detailed review.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1600 [0]
Given Kudos: 1002
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GPA: 3.01
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
arunv911 wrote:
I am also using their services for the current session, hoping for the best. I will post a detailed review once I complete the process with them hopefully by September 2018.

Can you please let us know the pricing of Byju's and the duration the course access is valid.

QZ
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi ,

I took Byju's admission services . It was very satisfying and helping through out the process . I started my application journey from zero . I didn't know anything about how to select college ,how to choose school , how to approach them and what are their requirements . Byju guided me from starting and I started building my profile for B- School application processes . Now , I know much more than I knew in starting . In an application process there are many points and things which you have to be very careful about . Byju cleared me all those things and any doubt I had during application process . Byju work very systematically and are very process oriented. They handle your profile and application from every aspect ,be it CV , job profile , extra curricular or any crucial point in application .
In application process presentation is everything . Even if you have skills and talent but are not able to convince in application , then it would be useless .Byju helps you to build an effective application by guiding you to make significant changes .Apart from this they can go extra mile also to help you in application process .
Byju is a complete service for a naive person ,who doesn't know anything about GMAT world and B-schools for knowing everything relevant and important .
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5204 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
QZ wrote:
arunv911 wrote:
I am also using their services for the current session, hoping for the best. I will post a detailed review once I complete the process with them hopefully by September 2018.

Can you please let us know the pricing of Byju's and the duration the course access is valid.

QZ

Hi QZ

If you are considering Byju's for GMAT coaching,
you might want to take a look at this before you take a final decision
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-prep-co ... l#p1859349

Hope this helps you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Saurabhh,

I may be able to assist you as I took their GMAT course and consulting.

First of all, GMAT/GRE preparation is not just Scoring well in exams, it's your overall evaluation. Now here Byju's will come to your rescue. Tablet provided by Byjus has all the necessary lectures and documents which will guide you throughout your preparation journey. You will also have webinars almost regularly to brush up your concepts. I personally very much liked both online and offline lectures.
Secondly, the admission consultants will guide you at each step, be it profile building or any kind of suggestions which will help you outhshine others. They will literally sit with you for hours for correcting your CV and SOPs.
Finally, I would like to say that your dedication and hardwork also matters. If consulting effort is around is 50%, rest 50% is your hardwork and willingness ro succeed.
Hope this review will help you.
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
pushpitkc wrote:
QZ wrote:
arunv911 wrote:

QZ

Hi

If you are considering Byju's for GMAT coaching,
you might want to take a look at this before you take a final decision

Hope this helps you!

We can see many positive reviews and few average reviews on Byju's in this thread itself. It's a common thing that there will be happy customers and unhappy customers.

Originally posted by eduGuru on 15 Jun 2018, 00:19.
Last edited by eduGuru on 27 Mar 2019, 04:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Hi,

I availed BYJU's services for my MBA application essays, and I am happy with their guidance during my admission prep and profile building. The team at BYJU's analyse your profile and suggest ways to improve it if you reach out to them well in advance of submission deadlines. Their assessment forms and brainstorming sessions helped me critically analyse my career progression and post-MBA goals, which helped me compose my B School essays. The team is well versed in the strengths that each B School looks for and guides you to add relevant details that might be better suited to a particular school. The team at BYJU's were also extremely professional and time bound in their essay editing service. Their frameworks really helped me frame coherent essays esp. for tough essay questions. I would highly recommend BYJUs for their admission consulting services !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT is considered to be one of the toughest examinations taken by MBA aspirants across the globe. The exam of GMAT tests the aptitude of management graduates in areas pertaining to logic, language, and mathematical skills. The extensive competition across the globe makes getting high percentile in the exam tougher than other exams. In case, if you are not happy with the result of your first GMAT attempt, you can retake the exam after 31 days of appearing for the first time.
The preparation stage is the most important and decisive phase in the success of GMAT. For an MBA aspirant, the biggest dilemma is while choosing a coaching institute or going for self-study. Most people opt out of going for a coaching institute because of job constraints and lack of time. Hence, the preparation of the GMAT exam becomes a grueling task for the candidates. Choosing the right institute for GMAT preparation that best suits the candidate and can spare enough time, attention and money. With a plethora of options available, finding the right institute becomes a tough decision to make.
The GMAT prep material offered by BYJU’s focuses on the strengths and weaknesses of the student, helping them prepare well for their GMAT exam. Few of the points that make the BJYU’s course material stand out from the crowd of coaching institutes.
Track record - You can check year-wise result of the students who took BYJU’s GMAT prep course before choosing the prep course. Usually, you can ask for the track record and understand how skilled BYJU’s is in the art of turning average students to better-performing ones.
Time and distance – With BYU’s GMAT program, you don’t need to waste hours commuting to and from the institute. You can study at your convenience without compromising with your work and other commitments. The tab can be carried anywhere without worrying about the weight of books or fearing to be late for the classes. This freedom comes as a breath of fresh air for all GMAT aspirants
Variety of Topics - To maintain consistency of study, BYJU’s ensures that the classes are completed on time and the topics can be switched in between. Difficult and lengthy topics are made simple through mnemonic to make study simpler and in a summarized manner. BUJU’s study material also focuses on the weak areas that need to be revised regularly to gradually transform them into areas of strength.
Test Series - BYJU’s GMAT prep course have their own mock test series that help students in identifying their strength and weaknesses. These test series are designed to help a student in better analysis of their weak areas. Along with the standardized text questions of the test series, the mentors and facilities offered at BYJU’s help the candidate in preparing for the GMAT exam well.
Apart from the above-mentioned benefits BYJU’s also provides an ample number of seminar and webinars to help students gather better knowledge of the subject. Hence, it won’t be wrong to say that BYJU’s is an awesome option to prepare for GMAT and score high during the exams.
I have availed BYJU's GMAT prep course and till now I have been completely satisfied with the results, hence I would surely not shy away from recommending it to anyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
can anybody recently got a good score with their GMAT tab or comment if it is good and ok to get both tab and avail their consulting service
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
Byjus admission consulting services are really bad.
Its like a call centre wherein you would be struggling to catch hold of the right person.
I had opted for it and got fed up within a week and later on cancelled it since it has been 3 months still struggling to get my money back.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 174
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
I found them to be total crap. The experience was far from what I was sold on. The salesperson quoted me a stat of 90%+ success rate for their admissions consulting services. I followed all the instructions and applied to 5 schools. I got an invite for just 1 (the one I had not intended to apply in the first place). There was no interview prep support which was supposed to be a part of the package. There was no personalization in the essays whatsoever. No guidance was provided on how to tailor applications for each school. What happened was a simple cut and paste of the first couple of essays. The strategy team is a joke. All they are trying to strive for is the maximization of revenue without focusing on the quality.
Also, I had applied for Tepper, UNC, Emory, McCombs and Darden in case that is relevant
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [3]
Given Kudos: 39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
I took Careerlabs admission consulting services for five colleges. I blindly trusted them ( my greatest mistake). The service was promised for 3 months. It started on October 31st, 2021.

The initial few days were wasted on unnecessary formalities  ( which they called  "the process" ) and the Diwali holidays (a week gone). They collected all my mark sheets and job details in the name of process. They gave me unnecessary documents to fill out ( these details were not used in any application). They promised services of B-school selection and profile analysis, but I was forced to make all the decisions on my own because they lacked the necessary knowledge required to take the call and were only wasting time on emails and calls. I chose the first college (ISB) on my own and still gave them a chance to come up with input for at least the other four college selections. After one month, they sent me a generic document where they made some changes (like placing my name, score, etc.) and copy-pasted details from college websites. I didn't pay them for this copy-paste document, but for inputs. They safely chose some random percentages and copy-pasted the same in half of the document. I tried hard to get a solid reply but failed to get one. I rephrased my questions multiple times. 

November was completely wasted on collecting info that was not even required. They made a typo in the word limit ( 50 instead of 500) mentioned for one question ( for ISB), which added to the last-minute stress. Despite my request, they vanished on the day the application was to be submitted ( 5 Dec). I had to get external help before the final submission. I sent them a feedback email, telling them clearly about the disappointing experience. I even asked them to cancel the services for the remaining 4 applications, but they admitted their mistake and asked for another chance. 

Later, they misguided me for the TOEFL. Their so-called experienced team had no clue about where TOEFL is required and where MOI can work.

My four applications were in a hanging state till December 25th, 2021, and the team stopped responding to my emails, phone calls, and messages (I have several proofs). They promised me that they would make some arrangements and provide support for my applications ( when I raised concerns over their holiday calendar). The team sent me 1/2 reply for namesake on 31st Dec ( only acknowledging documents I had sent to them). All my applications were to be submitted on 5th & 6th Jan 2022.

I had 5 days and 6 applications to fix ( 4 out of 6 - I was supposed to work with this team). I was left in a helpless situation without even knowing that they were out and would not extend support. I had to seek help elsewhere for all four applications. It was a horrible experience for someone who was putting all their effort into securing a decent admission. Due to this fuss, I could not even apply to Harvard and Stanford. 

I am hereby seeking justice and raising my voice against the consulting team that is fooling amateur candidates who are desperately seeking valuable guidance. The candidates are robbed of their money and time. 
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Schools: IIMC MBAEx'23
Send PM
Hello all,
Kindly share the recent feedback on BYJU prep and admission services?

Thanks in advance
Priyanshu
GMAT Club Bot