Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:55 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618816 [0]
Given Kudos: 81588
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Rotman '21
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: Ross Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hey,

So
GMAT : 710
GPA : 3.0 (Graduate in Commerce)
I am a Chartered Accountant & a CFA Charterholder
Experience
3 Years Internship in a top international audit firm (Audit)
3 Years Experience in a top US Investment bank (Product Controller for Structured Products)
Currently employed with a top US bank (Treasury Risk - Structural Interest Rate Risk Management)

I am planning to apply for 2021 (sorry I see this is a 2020 thread), by the time will have 2 years experience in my current role

Extra Curricular :
NGO Activities
1 Year in a Rotaract Club
Currently part of an NGO that engages in Education for the underprivileged kids (working as a teacher & Center head)

Can someone give me an evaluation and whether I should do something more to better my profile.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Ross Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
I was hoping you could provide some insight on my profile.

25 year old White Male
BBA Finance and Management from a probably not well known state uni: 4.0 GPA
GMAT: 650 (Q 44, V36)
WE : Will have 4 years at Merrill Lynch as a financial advisor and analyst for two Global Institutional Consulting teams
Community : Serve on the Board of Directors for three organizations: Big Brothers Big Sisters of NM, BBBS Foundation, and the 20-30 Club (a childrens charity non-profit).
Post MBA goals - Transition to work in either marketing or consulting, haven't decided exactly what yet (but I will by applications).

Thank you!
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there, and thanks for writing! It looks like you have solid work experience and great community involvement. Though your GPA is great, it would be ideal to get your GMAT closer to the average (700+). In addition, Ross highly values interest in its program, so definitely do your research so you can make a strong case for why it's the best fit for you!

NJackson40 wrote:

25 year old White Male
BBA Finance and Management from a probably not well known state uni: 4.0 GPA
GMAT: 650 (Q 44, V36)
WE : Will have 4 years at Merrill Lynch as a financial advisor and analyst for two Global Institutional Consulting teams
Community : Serve on the Board of Directors for three organizations: Big Brothers Big Sisters of NM, BBBS Foundation, and the 20-30 Club (a childrens charity non-profit).
Post MBA goals - Transition to work in either marketing or consulting, haven't decided exactly what yet (but I will by applications).

Thank you!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you for writing! What is your post-MBA goal?

IshpalSingh wrote:
Hey,

So
GMAT : 710
GPA : 3.0 (Graduate in Commerce)
I am a Chartered Accountant & a CFA Charterholder
Experience
3 Years Internship in a top international audit firm (Audit)
3 Years Experience in a top US Investment bank (Product Controller for Structured Products)
Currently employed with a top US bank (Treasury Risk - Structural Interest Rate Risk Management)

I am planning to apply for 2021 (sorry I see this is a 2020 thread), by the time will have 2 years experience in my current role

Extra Curricular :
NGO Activities
1 Year in a Rotaract Club
Currently part of an NGO that engages in Education for the underprivileged kids (working as a teacher & Center head)

Can someone give me an evaluation and whether I should do something more to better my profile.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GPA: 3.67
WE:Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Send PM
Hello, this is my first post in the Gmatclub!

i have a slightly different situation. I am brazilian and work in Brazil. As soon as the company heard about my mba plans, it offered a transfer to the us as an employee, if i did a part time mba. which i am completely ok with. I chose Ross. Up to now, i have only taken the GMAT once, its a low grade but as the avg gmat for the weekend part time is not as high as the full time, i might be able to do it. What do you guys think?

Background and nationality- Brazilian, Female
Undergrad Information- BBA, graduated in 2012 in a top 3 school in brazil. we dont use GPA here..i had a 7.9 out of 10.
GMAT: 620 (47Q, 28V)
Work experience and leadership - been working full time for almost 4 years, mostly in the auto sector. I am in a leadership program in my company, which is composed of less than 5% of people in finance (my area). I like to do a lot of outside things within the company: i am part of the recruiting team for my school; part of a lean manufacturing group that improves processes among the company and of a workplace improvement group (that has projects to retain employees mode)
Community and others - i have worked with special kids for a while, now i joined a mentorship program in my company to help kids to study and jumpstart to work
Post MBA goals- i like my sector and major. I have two main goals -> Develop my leadership skills and strengthen my hard skills (i tend to work with a lot of older and more experienced people (mostly man), and wanted to be very secure of my points, so improving that would help build more knowledge)

thank you guys for the help. i really appreciate it!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi
I am a female with a Liberal Arts background. I will be applying to B schools in US this year for a two year MBA program. I am looking for a profile evaluation. My plan is to specialize in Operations/Supply Chain/Entrepreneurship. Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 600 (39Q/36V) (This score is solely based on little prep via MBALaunch program. I am in a Manhattan Prep course now to get a much higher score)
GPA: 3.06
Degree: BA- Gender & Women Studies & African American Studies
Experience: 6 years total; 3 in Non Profit where I have received a promotion and created a new department (that is excelling and growing)
Extracurricular:
Board member (young professional) for the YWCA (also Social Chair).
Implementing a Young Professional board currently at my Non Profit.
Humanities and Arts Chair for Continental Societies, Inc (non profit org that focuses on children).

Please evaluate my profile and what should be my target score for GMAT be.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GPA: 2.58
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone,

This is my first post and would like to get an idea of my chances for Ross.

Middle eastern male
UG GPA: 2.58 (Yeah i know...)
UG School: West Point (Army service academy). Environmental sciences.
WE: 6 Years total. 5 years as armor officer and 1 year as a helicopter pilot with over 90% in flight school.
GMAT: no scores yet but believe i can get 700.
currently serving as a captain with numerous leadership positions.
1 tour of duty overseas.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Schools: Ross '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.18
Send PM
Bookmarks
ozzyman11 wrote:
Hello everyone,

This is my first post and would like to get an idea of my chances for Ross.

Middle eastern male
UG GPA: 2.58 (Yeah i know...)
UG School: West Point (Army service academy). Environmental sciences.
WE: 6 Years total. 5 years as armor officer and 1 year as a helicopter pilot with over 90% in flight school.
GMAT: no scores yet but believe i can get 700.
currently serving as a captain with numerous leadership positions.
1 tour of duty overseas.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Ozman, fellow Army-nerd here, and current Rosser. The good thing is that A) schools are pretty understanding of the difficulty of service academies and are more lenient toward lower GPAs from there and B) you get an optional essay to explain it, which I highly recommend doing. Ross is very military friendly so you've got that in your corner, just make sure to spend a lot of time really developing your story, making your resume civilian-friendly, and CRUSH your GMAT. If you need to, push your application to R2 so you can make sure your GMAT is where you want it to be! Also, don't forget active duty gets one test reimbursed through DANTES ;) If you can get all that straight you should definitely have a shot, and if you need any help don't be afraid to reach out to anyone here at the Armed Forces Association, or you can PM me directly on here and I'll try and help as much as I can.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Background: Indian, male, 29 y.o.

Undergrad Information: Delhi University, Bachelor of Civil Engineering, 70.3% marks (top 10% of the batch) - graduated in 2010

GMAT: 740 (Q49 V40 IR7 AWA5.5)

Work experience and leadership:
7 years with the biggest infrastructure company of India.
Operations manager for EPC (Engineering Procurement and Construction) projects.
Team lead for design and execution of EPC jobs.
Have worked in Chicago, IL for one year on a new line of business and in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as a Design lead.

Community and others -
Worked for CRY Chicago Chapter and raised funds worth USD 7500 through various cultural events.
Cultural Secretary of a 15 year old Non-profit promoting dance, drama and music events for bringing about harmony in the community.
Part time music teacher for under-privileged with 50+ student strength.
Founder and Editor of an online Magazine with a 5000+ monthly readers.

Post MBA goals -
Short term (Work in operational optimization roles; operation consulting for infrastructure firms)
Long term (starting a world class cultural institution in India, helping people deal with stresses through creativity. Bringing about a change in the social harmony and creating value at the same time.)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Michigan Ross Masters in Management:
Nationality - Indian
Gender - Female
Undergrad- B.Tech Civil Engineering at IIT (new) (cgpa 8.9 second in class)
GRE- 327 (Q-170, V-157, AWA-4.5)
Work exp-2 summer internships at top MNCs- design and construction
Many extra curriculars and leadership positions, not very great but alright-like students representative, fest coordinator etc
Please evaluate my profile
P.S I have a C in statistics and programming will it be bad?
What are my chances? Should I try working for a year and then apply?
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
NehaReddy2712 wrote:
Michigan Ross Masters in Management:
Nationality - Indian
Gender - Female
Undergrad- B.Tech Civil Engineering at IIT (new) (cgpa 8.9 second in class)
GRE- 327 (Q-170, V-157, AWA-4.5)
Work exp-2 summer internships at top MNCs- design and construction
Many extra curriculars and leadership positions, not very great but alright-like students representative, fest coordinator etc
Please evaluate my profile
P.S I have a C in statistics and programming will it be bad?
What are my chances? Should I try working for a year and then apply?

Hi NehaReddy2712, happy to give you some thoughts about your Ross application. Your GRE looks very strong. A recent report on Poets & Quants published listed avg GRE for Ross at V159 and Q-162 so you are a bit under on the V but your Q is so strong that I'd say you have enough to be considered on that metric.
* going back to also state that in fact most applicants have 2 + yrs of full time work experience so that is the big concern.
I would not worry about one "C" in a class- Once you have the work experience, I would instead focus on really knowing why Ross can help you- you should understand how the experiential learning of MAP will help you reach your career goals. Ross makes it very easy to engage - whether from the Youtube channel or webinars or reaching out to students so I suggest you do those things to really understand how Ross helps you and also how you can contribute to Ross. A few articles that may help: Tips for the essays: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... vious-yes/ (and also I encourage you to look on Ross's site as they provide some great tips) and then here are some general tips in how to research schools from afar: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... ram-india/

And if you would like to practice for interviews or would like someone to help you think about your essays- we have great counselors to help- go to this link to set up a free consult: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Originally posted by StratusDonna on 21 Sep 2017, 11:17.
Last edited by StratusDonna on 21 Sep 2017, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Rahul - thanks for writing! It looks like you've had some interesting work experience, and have a strong GMAT to offset your lower college GPA. Strong extracurricular involvement as well. What is your post-MBA goal? You'll want to make a strong case for why Ross is a strong fit for you. Also, with 9 years you're at the upper end of work experience, so you'll have to make a particularly strong case for why now is the right time for you to get an MBA. Hope that helps a bit!

Rahul30 wrote:
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, and thanks for writing! It sounds like you have strong academics and solid work experience, including some international experience. Good community involvement as well. I think Ross is within range for you, as long as you make a strong case for why the program's the right fit for you and also, showcase your various professional and personal experiences in your essays. Since you're interested in Operations, definitely look into the Tauber Program at Ross if you haven't already. Hope that helps!

Abhigyanashakuntalam wrote:
Background: Indian, male, 29 y.o.

Undergrad Information: Delhi University, Bachelor of Civil Engineering, 70.3% marks (top 10% of the batch) - graduated in 2010

GMAT: 740 (Q49 V40 IR7 AWA5.5)

Work experience and leadership:
7 years with the biggest infrastructure company of India.
Operations manager for EPC (Engineering Procurement and Construction) projects.
Team lead for design and execution of EPC jobs.
Have worked in Chicago, IL for one year on a new line of business and in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as a Design lead.

Community and others -
Worked for CRY Chicago Chapter and raised funds worth USD 7500 through various cultural events.
Cultural Secretary of a 15 year old Non-profit promoting dance, drama and music events for bringing about harmony in the community.
Part time music teacher for under-privileged with 50+ student strength.
Founder and Editor of an online Magazine with a 5000+ monthly readers.

Post MBA goals -
Short term (Work in operational optimization roles; operation consulting for infrastructure firms)
Long term (starting a world class cultural institution in India, helping people deal with stresses through creativity. Bringing about a change in the social harmony and creating value at the same time.)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GRE 1: Q157 V148
Send PM

26 year old
B.E in Mechanical engineering: 62%
MS in Mechanical engineering: 3.75/4.0
GRE: 305 (Q 157, V 148)
WE: Will have 1year and 6months at FCA as a dimensional engineer
Volunteer: Volunteering at Growing Hope Farm is a non-profit organization offering day and community services for individuals with autism.
Post-MBA goals - Transition to becoming an entrepreneur.

Thank you!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
Robinson2M wrote:

26 year old
B.E in Mechanical engineering: 62%
MS in Mechanical engineering: 3.75/4.0
GRE: 305 (Q 157, V 148)
WE: Will have 1year and 6months at FCA as a dimensional engineer
Volunteer: Volunteering at Growing Hope Farm is a non-profit organization offering day and community services for individuals with autism.
Post-MBA goals - Transition to becoming an entrepreneur.

Thank you!

Robinson,

Both your GRE and your work experience are too low. Over the coming years, work upon both these admissions criteria and then apply, you would be a much stronger candidate.

In the time gained, you could also get a chance to become an entrepreneur, which will add by volumes to your candidacy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
My name is Nitish.

1. Nationality - Indian (Currently residing in Atlanta, GA)
2. Work Ex - 6yrs, 3.5 yrs in India and 2.5 years and ongoing in USA (for two big Corps).
3. Undergrad - Btech in Computer Science.
4. CGPA - 3.5+
5. GMAT - Yet to give Gmat, have my exam this Oct 28th ( My mock scores have been around 650, pretty much hoping more or less similar scores ).
6. USSF D licensed Soccer coach & certified Soccer Scout here in the USA. Coach Soccer teams.
7. Short & Long term plan - Startup a Non Profit Soccer academy in India/South East Asia, leverage technology to educate economically weaker sections of the society with core focus on sports & football.
8. Reason to be applying for Ross is their Social entrepreneurship program that they offer with the MBA.

Let me know what you think ?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
MBA Section Director
438 posts
Ross & Kellogg Moderator
203 posts
49 posts