GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Feb 2020, 02:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Score improvement help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V31
Score improvement help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 23:22
I had given my GMAT in the month of July'19 got a score of 640 (Q47 V30). After this I took my second attempt in January'20. I scored 650 (Q48 V31). Although I had taken some mock exams before my second attempts scored 700 or above in them, on the day of the exam I became nervous when I encountered high difficulty questions. Can someone please suggest where can I get high difficulty questions for practice? Other suggestions for score improvement are also welcome.
HEC & IMD School Moderator
P
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
Schools: HEC'22 (J), IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Score improvement help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 23:33
Hi sandeepan688..
You need to improve your Quant score with 1-2 points and Verbal with 6-7 points in order to get 700. You can check the follow link and choose which level, type, etc questions you want to practice on. https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags .

I am sure with more verbal dedication, you would be able to score better. All the best.

sandeepan688 wrote:
I had given my GMAT in the month of July'19 got a score of 640 (Q47 V30). After this I took my second attempt in January'20. I scored 650 (Q48 V31). Although I had taken some mock exams before my second attempts scored 700 or above in them, on the day of the exam I became nervous when I encountered high difficulty questions. Can someone please suggest where can I get high difficulty questions for practice? Other suggestions for score improvement are also welcome.

V
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 01:58
sandeepan688 wrote:

Hi,

As per your score, you have a fair chance to increase Quant score. You can 700+ level questions in GMATClub as well as GMAC official advanced questions book also(recently launched).
SVP
SVP
D
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 02:42
Hi! Clearly verbal is an area that will require a major share of improvement.

Did you order the ESRs for your attempts and if so, are there any specific areas of improvement that come out?
EducationAisle, Bangalore

Sentence Correction Nirvana available on Amazon.in and Flipkart

Contact us for Classroom sessions in Bangalore and Private Tutoring worldwide
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V31

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 03:21
No I have not, but is the ESR beneficial for score improvement? If yes, how so?

EducationAisle wrote:
Hi! Clearly verbal is an area that will require a major share of improvement.

Did you order the ESRs for your attempts and if so, are there any specific areas of improvement that come out?
SVP
SVP
D
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 08:16
Well, if both the ESRs consistently point at specific area(s) of sub-par performance, then you obviously know which areas to focus on.
EducationAisle, Bangalore

Sentence Correction Nirvana available on Amazon.in and Flipkart

Contact us for Classroom sessions in Bangalore and Private Tutoring worldwide
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 12:00
Hi sandeepan688,

First off, a 650/Q48 is a solid Score, so it could be enough to get you into your first-choice School. As such, a retest might not be necessary. Depending on the Schools that you plan to apply to, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile. There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

GMAC has publicly stated that the Official Score that you earn on Test Day is within +/- 30 points of actual ability. Your 2 Official Scores show that you essentially performed the same each time (about 650 +/- a few points). You handle certain aspects of the GMAT consistently well, but you also leave yourself open to making certain consistent mistakes. It's likely that you have developed some 'bad habits' during your studies that are keeping you from scoring higher on Test Day (which will take time to fix - and replace with new 'good habits' - before you can score significantly higher). As such, focusing on "hard" questions is probably not what you need right now.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long did you study before each of your 2 Official GMATs? How many hours did you typically study each week for your 2nd attempt?
2) What study materials have you used over the course of ALL of your studies?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

You might also choose to purchase the Enhanced Score Report. While the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Score improvement help   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2020, 12:00

Score improvement help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep