Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 17:35 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Sloan Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi vroom87,

Your profile does look good on the surface. Your undergraduate stats are poor but this can be well compensated by your job experience, amazing community involvement and a great story! Also, your other undergraduate achievements will add glitter to your overall profile.

MIT Sloan has waived off the GMAT score but your profile will be thoroughly analyzed by adcoms. Try to fix the concern of your undergraduate score & GPA as there might be questions related to it. Also, delve deeper into your profile and try to pick out the spaces where you have exhibited analytical excellence. You also have worked in a number of fields in six years of work experience which adds a certain kind of diversity in your profile. Exhibit the impact of projects you have undertaken and talk in deep about the considerable leadership experiences of your life.

You haven't provided more specifics about your work experience but with the details I have here, I can see integrity as one of your major USPs. I'm sure you'll certainly have great stories to bring on the table and distinguish yourself from the crowd.

Applying for round 3 is a tricky task but a good part of it depends on your apps and how you build the stories. I believe yours can be a great game-changer for you. Would like to go deeper into your profile to help you project your story. If you'd like, I'm happy to hop on a call some time this week to address your concerns better and gauge your fit to Sloan and other schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

vroom87 wrote:
Hi, I had gotten infected with covid-19 while working on Covid-19 mitigation in my current role with the District Government.
I am only applying to MIT-Sloan because they have waived GMAT and I don't have the energy to prepare GMAT right now.

It will be a real help if you can help me evaluate my below given profile:

Background and nationality: Grew up in a rural village in India

Undergrad Information:
B.Tech, Rajasthan Technical University, 62 on a scale of 100
Vice Chairman, IEEE Student Chapter
Taught a group of out of the school children for 3 years and brought them back to mainstream education

Grad School: M.A, Azim Premji University, 2.6 on a scale of 5
Elected member, University Students Council, Theatre Club, Poetry Club
Volunteered for a semester at a construction site working with children of migrant laborers.

GMAT: N/A

Work experience and leadership: Total 06 years of work Experience in the development and public sector consulting
SBI-Youth for India- 01 year
Teach for India Fellowship- 02 year
External Consultant, Ministry of Home Affairs- 03

Community and others: 02 years of volunteering experience

Post MBA goals: Continue my work in the Development Sector at scale

So while, I have been part of one of the most sort after and highly selective fellowships in the development sector, in my understanding my undergrad university is not of much repute and my academic score in my undergrad is below average.

Kindly help me evaluate my profile for MIT-Sloan.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Sloan Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi! I intend to apply for MIT Sloan Deferred MBA and it would be great to know what my chances are so here's my profile:

Background and nationality: Indian Male Engineer (Age 21)

Undergrad Information:
Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering from Punjab Engineering College
My CGPA: 8.1/10 ; Topper's CGPA: 9.4/10
Scored a 99.08 percentile in CAT (common admission test for MBA colleges in India)

GMAT: Not taken yet (740+ expected)

Work experience and leadership:
1. 5 month internship with Amazon as Operations Manager
(Responsible for automating operations, 3 direct reports to upper management and improved compliance of 2 business metrics, managed shift operations)

2. 2 month summer internship as business analyst at a startup
(Applied business analytics to practice data sets, no impact as such)

3. Held leadership position at Design Club, Marketing Club and volunteered for social service during undergrad
4. Did certifications in business strategy, corporate strategy and corporate finance from Coursera (online platform)

Post MBA goals:
Move into consulting and then onto product development

Would love to hear any other options to consider or any other way I could improve my profile for future applications

Thank you!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
vroom87 wrote:
Hi, I had gotten infected with covid-19 while working on Covid-19 mitigation in my current role with the District Government.
I am only applying to MIT-Sloan because they have waived GMAT and I don't have the energy to prepare GMAT right now.

It will be a real help if you can help me evaluate my below given profile:

Background and nationality: Grew up in a rural village in India

Undergrad Information:
B.Tech, Rajasthan Technical University, 62 on a scale of 100
Vice Chairman, IEEE Student Chapter
Taught a group of out of the school children for 3 years and brought them back to mainstream education

Grad School: M.A, Azim Premji University, 2.6 on a scale of 5
Elected member, University Students Council, Theatre Club, Poetry Club
Volunteered for a semester at a construction site working with children of migrant laborers.

GMAT: N/A

Work experience and leadership: Total 06 years of work Experience in the development and public sector consulting
SBI-Youth for India- 01 year
Teach for India Fellowship- 02 year
External Consultant, Ministry of Home Affairs- 03

Community and others: 02 years of volunteering experience

Post MBA goals: Continue my work in the Development Sector at scale

So while, I have been part of one of the most sort after and highly selective fellowships in the development sector, in my understanding my undergrad university is not of much repute and my academic score in my undergrad is below average.

Kindly help me evaluate my profile for MIT-Sloan.

Hey vroom87!

I would like to start off by saying that you have a pretty decent profile.

Commencing your profile evaluation with your academic background, your GPA of 2.6 does fall on the short end. However, it won’t be much of a deal breaker for you, since MBA programs primarily focus on the work experience and you can always overshadow the low GPA by highlighting other stronger aspects of your profile such as work experience, extracurricular activities, etc.

Coming on to your work experience, you have 6 years of quality work experience which definitely sets you at par with the competition you’d be facing while applying to MIT or other top B-schools. Even though you have a plethora of high-stake projects in your profile and quite a lot of good brand names as well, you should be mindful of the fact that you’d be facing very tough competition from candidates with similar or stronger profiles. Hence, talking about the kind of projects you have undertaken, the impact you created and your career progression with major learning takeaways would definitely allow you to showcase the quality of your work and establish you as no less than a big4 candidate.

Further, on the note of extracurriculars, you must be cognizant of the fact that schools seek applicants having a holistic profile. Hence, accounting for the same, it is great to see that you have undertaken several leadership roles during your academic programs. Heading the student chapter during your undergrad showcases your leadership and communication skills, while participation in theatre and poetry club display your creativity. Moreover, your constant participation in volunteering activities highlights your socially empathetic nature and how you have utilized your skills and capabilities to create a positive impact on the society. All in all, I would say that you have a pretty well-groomed profile, however if you wish to build on the same, I’d suggest you to take up some certifications which will display your proactiveness and will to constantly upskill yourself.

Given your school choice, MIT Sloan falls under the ultra dream category which means that it has an acceptance rate of only 5-8%, this translating your chances of acceptance to the program to around 20-30%. If a lack of GMAT is your only concern, I’d suggest you refrain from putting all of your eggs in one basket and apply to a good mix of 6-8 schools. There are several US schools which have waived the requirement of GMAT due to the pandemic. Based on your profile you can target schools such as Texas McCombs, Vanderbilt, Fordham, Northeastern University, Tepper, Kelly and Darden.

Lastly, another aspect that you should be acquainted with while applying to B-schools is the importance of a strong application. Since you wish to apply to elite schools like MIT, you’d be facing competition from a highly saturated and holistically developed competitor pool, hence, a strong application would not only allow you to highlight your strength but also distinguish you from other applicants.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has allowed us to help 3500+ applicants to get into their dream schools. As you are still in the early process of your application, it would provide you with end-to-end consulting and unlimited edits on your application documents. With our customized approach and carefully crafted applications, we have helped our clients bag scholarships worth 3.3 million Euros and would love for you to be next!

Link for the All-In-One Solutions:

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Stratus Admissions Counseling
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
Schools: Stanford
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Ndharni wrote:
Hi! I intend to apply for MIT Sloan Deferred MBA and it would be great to know what my chances are so here's my profile:

Background and nationality: Indian Male Engineer (Age 21)

Undergrad Information:
Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering from Punjab Engineering College
My CGPA: 8.1/10 ; Topper's CGPA: 9.4/10
Scored a 99.08 percentile in CAT (common admission test for MBA colleges in India)

GMAT: Not taken yet (740+ expected)

1. 5 month internship with Amazon as Operations Manager
(Responsible for automating operations, 3 direct reports to upper management and improved compliance of 2 business metrics, managed shift operations)

2. 2 month summer internship as business analyst at a startup
(Applied business analytics to practice data sets, no impact as such)

3. Held leadership position at Design Club, Marketing Club and volunteered for social service during undergrad
4. Did certifications in business strategy, corporate strategy and corporate finance from Coursera (online platform)

Post MBA goals:
Move into consulting and then onto product development

Would love to hear any other options to consider or any other way I could improve my profile for future applications

Thank you!

Hi Ndharni - I see that you have similar posts in several schools' forums on here, and am happy to provide you with my quick assessment. Based on the information you provided, I do think you could be a compelling applicant for the deferred programs at Sloan and the other schools to which you are applying. Your grades and expected 740+ GMAT work in your favor, as does your job after graduation. These deferred programs often like to target people in operating companies, and I believe your operations role at Amazon would be considered such. I'm unclear whether you have managed any people - if so that would also be a nice differentiator. I'm glad to see your leadership experience in your extracurriculars - I'd want to know more about what you actually did and what was accomplished.

Sloan is a stretch school for even the best candidates, but I do think you have a chance. Your success will depend on how well you are able to weave together a coherent story (which is in your control) and who else happens to be applying this year (which is out of your control). Your compelling story should explain not just where you want to head (consulting and then product development), but if possible why, what impact you want to have, and why you feel an MBA from Sloan in particular (and from each school to which you apply) is the best way for you to get there.

Best of luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
please could someone help with my profile evaluation?

Ethnicity: Indian

Scores :
MS civil engineering Major - GPA 3.67 out of 4.0
BE civil engineering - GPA 7.3 out of 10
GMAT- 760 Q49 V44

Work Experience :
- 8 years work experience
- 5 years work experience in usa
- 3 years work experience in india
- present position sr manager with 10 engineers reporting directly
- previous position project engineer with 4 engineers reporting directly

According to me, the challenges with my profile are -
1. Age
2. Undergrad

Applying for round 3

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi! I intend to apply for MIT Sloan MBA for Round 3 it would be helpful if someone can evaluate my profile and what my chances are

Background and nationality: Indian Male Engineer (Age 33)

Education:
Master of Science in civil engineering- University of Kentucky - 3.67
Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering from Andhra University- 7.3/10
GMAT: 760 Q49 V44 IR4

1. 8 years of experience - In the civil engineering industry
2. 5 years of experience- In USA
3. 3 years of experience - In India

Present - Sr Manager at Construction Industry with 15 engineers reporting directly

Kindly please let me know any other options to consider or any other way I could improve my profile for future applications

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Honestly, this is an impressive resume and I wouldn't worry about your age. I think your work experience and leadership position show great capability and initiative. What I would focus on in an application is getting good letters of recommendation showing teamwork, leadership and if possible, that you can perform well in a learning environment. Good luck!
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mahimunna wrote:
Hi! I intend to apply for MIT Sloan MBA for Round 3 it would be helpful if someone can evaluate my profile and what my chances are

Background and nationality: Indian Male Engineer (Age 33)

Education:
Master of Science in civil engineering- University of Kentucky - 3.67
Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering from Andhra University- 7.3/10
GMAT: 760 Q49 V44 IR4

1. 8 years of experience - In the civil engineering industry
2. 5 years of experience- In USA
3. 3 years of experience - In India

Present - Sr Manager at Construction Industry with 15 engineers reporting directly

Kindly please let me know any other options to consider or any other way I could improve my profile for future applications

Thank you!

Hello Mahimunna and thank you for sharing. Since the MIT Sloan Round 3 deadline is quickly approaching, you will want to ask yourself if you can truly finish the application in time. Round 3 is tough and MIT has a very small Round 3 class so you should make sure to apply to as many other programs as well (and consider the need to potentially reapply).

Luckily, you have already secured a good GMAT score. Have you selected and prepared your recommenders? While somewhat obvious, another big question is whether you are able to set aside a large portion of time to work on the application.

Personal MBA Coach generally advises candidates to apply when they can submit the strongest applications. However, given that your age/work experience is already on the further end of the spectrum, I do understand if you feel some sense of urgency.

Personal MBA Coach has last-minute packages available should you want help putting together a strong application. We regularly send applicants to MIT Sloan and know exactly how to provide guidance here.

Do not hesitate to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com if you are looking to hire a consultant.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 161
GMAT 1: 600 Q43 V30
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Can some one please help me with my profile.
Indian Male
Bachelor in Commerce- 51%
6 years of managerial level work ex in a bank in India
GMAT 690
I have applied to 3 b-schools in Canada so far and faced rejection in all of them, the reason as stated by adcoms: academic performance.
I am stuck as to where to apply.

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Mahimunna,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Talking about your stats, they are decent, and your competitive GMAT score is compensating for it. Your work experience looks amazing with incredible international experience. I’m sure you can dig out impactful stories to make your apps stronger. You must showcase how your different roles have developed leadership qualities in you and how you had taken care of things when things went south.

Your ECs are missing. ECs play a significant role in your apps, revealing your diverse personality, and adcoms get to know the various aspects of your personality. You will need to put the plausible explanation for an MBA at this stage in your career. Additionally, try to include how an MBA from the b-school will help you to fill the gaps in your profile.

R3 is a little tricky with smaller odds of success. If you apply in R1, you have a sure shot at the b-school. I would like to know which b-school you are eyeing, your post-MBA goals and some major aspect of your work experience (such as impact, career progression) to guide you on how you can enhance your apps.

If you are looking for other b-schools such as INSEAD, HEC and IMD and want to get better insights into what the schools look for and how you can better strategise your application, you can look into this session. It's on 27th March, and it's a personalised session to help you assess your chances.

Overall you have a good profile. What’s going to matter most is how you link the dots with the values of the b-school and bring a great narrative to stand out from the other applicants in the pool. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

Mahimunna wrote:
please could someone help with my profile evaluation?

Ethnicity: Indian

Scores :
MS civil engineering Major - GPA 3.67 out of 4.0
BE civil engineering - GPA 7.3 out of 10
GMAT- 760 Q49 V44

Work Experience :
- 8 years work experience
- 5 years work experience in usa
- 3 years work experience in india
- present position sr manager with 10 engineers reporting directly
- previous position project engineer with 4 engineers reporting directly

According to me, the challenges with my profile are -
1. Age
2. Undergrad

Applying for round 3

Thanks

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Could someone help with my profile evaluation?

Ethnicity: Pakistan

Scores:
MSc. Energy Engineering - GPA 3.70 out of 4.0
BSc. Electrical Engineering - GPA 3.30 out of 4.0
GMAT expected - 740+
IELTS: 8/9

Research Work:

- 4 conference papers published

Work Experience :
- 6 yrs with leading MNC in the energy industry
- present position: design engineer with a team of more than 50 reporting directly

Applying for Round 1 - 2021

Thanks
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi deveshj21,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Talking about your acads, it’s on the lower side. I would suggest you retake the GMAT if you can and try to push your score to 700+, this will increase your chances.

The pain point in your profile is low acads. Here you ought to think, how you can compensate for your lower acads. What you can do is
1) Have a competitive GMAT score.
2) There should be something in your profile to make up for your low acads. Crafting impactful stories to convince adcoms that you are much more than your GPA and GMAT.

Your work experience will play a major role in your apps. It should demonstrate a steady and coherent advancement of promotions and improve your overall work experience. You must bring out cases, situations, and leadership positions you have held and help your organisations emerge from crisis or imminent trouble. Make sure you track co-workers and executives with whom you’ve had excellent working relationships and target them for letters of recommendation. You may want to read this article on the importance of GPAs in MBA applications. It will give you a very good idea of the significance of GPA and how to compensate for lower ones.

If you are looking for b-schools such as INSEAD, HEC and IMD and want to get better insights into what the schools look for and how you can better strategise your application, you can look into this session. It's on 27th March, and it's a personalised session to help you assess your chances.

Overall you have a decent profile. I would like to know major aspects of your work experience to gauge your fit for the b-school and guide you on creating compelling stories to stand out from other pool of applicants. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and answer any of your concerns. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

deveshj21 wrote:
Can some one please help me with my profile.
Indian Male
Bachelor in Commerce- 51%
6 years of managerial level work ex in a bank in India
GMAT 690
I have applied to 3 b-schools in Canada so far and faced rejection in all of them, the reason as stated by adcoms: academic performance.
I am stuck as to where to apply.

Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi octanemethane,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Your profile looks great on the surface. Let me give you an evaluation over major aspects. of an application:

-Stats: Pretty impressive. You do exhibit your potential to master analytical and quantitative concepts. If you manage to get your expected score, your profile will be competitive.

-Work experience: Sounds good. Working in a leading MNC Energy Industry can help to amplify the impact your projects would have created. You have some leadership experiences as well. Work experience is the most important part of an application. To evaluate your profile comprehensively, I need to know your career progression, what roles and responsibilities you undertook in these six years and what impact you created on the company.

You can also talk about your research work, it will give your profile a unique blend. Your ECs are missing. ECs play a crucial role in your apps, revealing your diverse personality, and adcoms get to know the various aspects of your personality. Think of something you love to do and talk about it because that will make your applications interesting. You will need to add a live person to the apps because that's what sets you apart.

If you are looking for b-schools such as INSEAD, HEC and IMD and want to get better insights into what the schools look for and how you can better strategise your application, you can look into this session. It's on 27th March, and it's a personalised session to help you assess your chances.

Overall you have an impressive profile. I would like to know your post-MBA goals to link the dots between your prior work experience and the b-school you are applying to. What’s going to matter most is how you link the dots with the values of the b-school and bring a great narrative to stand out from the other applicants in the pool.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and answer any of your concerns. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

octanemethane wrote:
Hi everyone,

Could someone help with my profile evaluation?

Ethnicity: Pakistan

Scores:
MSc. Energy Engineering - GPA 3.70 out of 4.0
BSc. Electrical Engineering - GPA 3.30 out of 4.0
GMAT expected - 740+
IELTS: 8/9

Research Work:

- 4 conference papers published

Work Experience :
- 6 yrs with leading MNC in the energy industry
- present position: design engineer with a team of more than 50 reporting directly

Applying for Round 1 - 2021

Thanks
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
octanemethane

I suggest you also try our automated profile evaluation tool at the following link

https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-are-my- ... 09854.html
Rotman School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.59
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Could you please help me with my profile evaluation?

Demographic Details: 31 y.o., Male, India

Academics:

Bachelors in Business Administration: Prestige Institute of Management & Research

Overall % - 67.34%

Last two Semesters: 75%

12th : 78.2%
10th : 76%

GMAT Mock 1 : 660
GMAT Mock 2 : 640

Work Experience (Chronological order):

Worked in an Online Market Research as Associate Project Manager ( 4 months)

Promoted to Project Manager position. A go to Project Manager for high priority projects and key clients. (2 years)

Promoted to Senior Project/ Team Leader position with additional responsibility of Project Bids Manager (Sales). Had a team of 10 projects manager under direct reporting. Escalation point for all the clients.
Worked as Liaison between the company and IT team for development of Propriety Project Management tool, as an initiative . (2 years)

Working as Independent Sub Contractor in collaboration with Reliance Jio Telecom Infrastructure Projects. Developed and managed a team of 14 Blue collar workers, 2 Engineers. Successfully finished the projects within given deadlines. (2 years)

Volunteer Work Ex:

During under grad years Worked as a Vice President at AIESEC Indore chapter. Handled Education and Non-Corporate sector for facilitating international exchanges.
Successfully managed a team of 15-20 active members.
Part of a team of Executive body winning, Best Expansion award in AIESEC India.

Extra Curricular Activities:

Played Badminton at National Level.
Part time Photographer

I am looking to secure admit in Top Canadian B-Schools. Please let me know if you need any additional info to analyse the profile better.

Thanks in advance!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mohammadfaraaz123,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Talking about your acads, it’s on the lower side, and your mock GMAT score is also quite low. For the Canadian b-school, the average GMAT score hovers around 660-690. I suggest you try to push your score up to 700 in order to have a safer ground. It will also help you compensate for your low acads. Otherwise, work to pull out solid stories and craft stories while bearing in mind the values of the specific b-school you're targeting. Your essays, work profile, and how smartly you weave the narrative will play a much greater role.

On the work front, I can see a good career trajectory and leadership experience. To display your potential and strengths, you will need to show teamwork, impact, and career advancement. Your work experience is the highlight of your profile, and you must describe it in a stark way. You seem to be a mature leader who has worked with big names, implying that your efforts would significantly impact the industry.

Your ECs are good as well. You can share your role and responsibilities while working as a VP at AISEC and how you created an impact in the organisation for its growth and development. Also, speak about your interest in photography. This will add diversity to your profile and help adcoms to know you beyond work.

You can go through this article to learn about the Top Mba programs in Canada. This article will let you know about top-notch MBA programmes in Canada that admit applicants with low average GPAs and GMAT scores ranging from 650 to 700.

Overall you have a good profile. What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story to stand out from other applicants in the pool. Ensure you highlight the diversity of experience in your application, something that b-school hugely looks for while evaluating applications. Try reading this low gmat success story to ROTMAN, it may help you get a better perspective. So, if you have a solid application to present, you stand a great chance at Canadian B-school.

It would be good to understand your post-MBA goals to evaluate your profile better. You are 31 now, and I suggest you should not delay the application process.
When are you appearing for your GMAT?

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and gauge your fit for the b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

mohammadfaraaz123 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Academics:

Bachelors in Business Administration: Prestige Institute of Management & Research

Overall % - 67.34%

Promoted to Project Manager position. A go to Project Manager for high priority projects and key clients. (2 years)

Promoted to Senior Project/ Team Leader position with additional responsibility of Project Bids Manager (Sales). Had a team of 10 projects manager under direct reporting. Escalation point for all the clients.
Worked as Liaison between the company and IT team for development of Propriety Project Management tool, as an initiative . (2 years)

Working as Independent Sub Contractor in collaboration with Reliance Jio Telecom Infrastructure Projects. Developed and managed a team of 14 Blue collar workers, 2 Engineers. Successfully finished the projects within given deadlines. (2 years)

Volunteer Work Ex:

During under grad years Worked as a Vice President at AIESEC Indore chapter. Handled Education and Non-Corporate sector for facilitating international exchanges.

Part time Photographer

I am looking to secure admit in Top Canadian B-Schools. Please let me know if you need any additional info to analyse the profile better.

Thanks in advance!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
I am honestly a little bit pessimistic re: Indians applying to the very last round to Rotman and Sauder. Even though you are 31, I think it would be worthwhile for you to wait for R1. And hopefully you’ll have a much stronger GMAT score at that point.

On the other hand if you are going for Ivey, you will want to act swiftly.

They are at the beginning of the admission cycle, and while it’s still early you will want to get your GMAT about 680 or better and apply there as soon as possible. The average is 660 and so I think for overrepresented applicants, 680+ may be more in this very competitive season.

Not really clear on what situation is with the volunteer work experience, what have you done since graduation?

If some of what you have been posted there is post graduate make sure to highlight that and articulate and well in the application.

mohammadfaraaz123

mohammadfaraaz123 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Academics:

Overall % - 67.34%

Volunteer Work Ex:

Part time Photographer

Thanks in advance!

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  21   
Moderators:
Sloan and Fuqua Moderator
12 posts
Booth & Sloan Moderator
38 posts