Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:24 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [2]
Send PM
Re: Sloan Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi alexreeves17,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Talking about your stats, your undergrad GPA is decent with a good GMAT score. On the work front, you have a good internship experience at NASA and Deloitte. You’ll need to showcase your learnings from them. Talk about the projects you have undertaken and created an impact. Share about your startup experience as well! Your community experience is good. Along with this, talk about any hobby you pursue or what you like to do in your free time apart from your work. I'm sure there's going to be something, and do speak about it in your apps. Think of something you love to do and talk about it because that will make your applications interesting. Speaking about all these with the right passion would significantly enhance your apps. It's fine if you're unsure right now; think about what you actually love doing and what you're excited about. Do you like interacting with people from various backgrounds? or do you want to learn more about aerospace? Consider what you love doing because no matter what you do, if you do it with the right passion, you will definitely excel and grow in it.

Overall you have a good profile. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and answer any of your concerns. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Also, since you're targeting US Schools, you may want to attend this session. It will help you strategize your MBA applications better. The agenda of the session will be:

*Explain your plan
Leadership/Achievements
Contribution to the community
Why a specific School*

You can register for the same here.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

alexreeves17 wrote:
Hi everyone -- graduating senior applying for Deferred MBA. Happy to provide more details if helpful. Thanks!

Background and nationality
White Male (22) business graduate, American

Undergrad Information
    BBA, Accounting at University of Houston; Business Honors Program/Honors College
    GPA: 3.76

GMAT:
    Overall - 720 (94%)
    Verbal - 41 (94%)
    Quant - 47 (60%)
    IR - 7 (81%)

Work experience and leadership:
    2x Internships at NASA, won awards and owned several projects building tools for teams and improving efficiency.
    1x Internship at Deloitte in audit, general auditor experience
    Founded small tech startup with friends as learning experiment, successfully developed MVP but ultimately never took it to market
    Led team of analysts for one semester in undergraduate investment group, voted on stocks to add to portfolio and determined allocation weight

Community and others
    Volunteered for a year tutoring middle-school students from low-income local community. Left the program after it significantly downsized due to lack of participation on the end of the partner schools
    Various, undocumented (did not record hours or do this through an organization) volunteer experience helping local community/friends/family recover after Hurricane Harvey

Post MBA goals
Currently interviewing at several consulting firms and Aerospace companies, but no offers signed yet. I'm undecided if I want to go consulting route to take advantage of the early career/skill growth opportunities or return to Aerospace and support its growth.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Sloan Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi guys,

I am a 29 year old Egyptian with a technical background and I am considering applying for MIT MBA. Can you give me some feedback?

Education:
I have a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering with a 77% degree from one Egypt's top schools. In Egypt it is a 5 year degree and 77% is a very good degree compared to excellent which starts at 85%. After that, I was selected for a scholarship with an acceptance rate of 1% to continue my diploma in Mechatronics, and used this diploma to pursue a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering in Germany with a 1.3 degree "100%= 1 in Germany, and 5= failing".

Work experience:
I have worked as an international freelance inspector before graduation and have travelled to China, Italy, Finland and many other European countries. During my Master's degree in Germany, I had a couple of student jobs as an engineer and started a full-time engineering position right after, also in Germany, focusing on customer support for 1.5 years. After that, however, I moved into product management for more than two years. The product manager role is truly international in the sense that I coordinate work with other groups in Japan, USA, France, China and of course Germany. It also involved strategy definition and business development.

Extracurricular activities:
This was really during my undergrad-studies in Egypt, as I participated in a number of NGO initiatives with a cultural background and was a project manager for an arts and culture program, leading 100 volunteers. In Germany I only did 3 months of volunteering, which I think is too small to mention.

Languages:
German, English, Arabic, and basic Spanish.

GMAT score:
Not yet available. I scored 540 on the test exam without preparation, I have 7 weeks left to prepare with about 10-15 hours per week.
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
EgyGer1 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am a 29 year old Egyptian with a technical background and I am considering applying for MIT MBA. Can you give me some feedback?

Education:
I have a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering with a 77% degree from one Egypt's top schools. In Egypt it is a 5 year degree and 77% is a very good degree compared to excellent which starts at 85%. After that, I was selected for a scholarship with an acceptance rate of 1% to continue my diploma in Mechatronics, and used this diploma to pursue a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering in Germany with a 1.3 degree "100%= 1 in Germany, and 5= failing".

Work experience:
I have worked as an international freelance inspector before graduation and have travelled to China, Italy, Finland and many other European countries. During my Master's degree in Germany, I had a couple of student jobs as an engineer and started a full-time engineering position right after, also in Germany, focusing on customer support for 1.5 years. After that, however, I moved into product management for more than two years. The product manager role is truly international in the sense that I coordinate work with other groups in Japan, USA, France, China and of course Germany. It also involved strategy definition and business development.

This was really during my undergrad-studies in Egypt, as I participated in a number of NGO initiatives with a cultural background and was a project manager for an arts and culture program, leading 100 volunteers. In Germany I only did 3 months of volunteering, which I think is too small to mention.

Languages:

GMAT score:
Not yet available. I scored 540 on the test exam without preparation, I have 7 weeks left to prepare with about 10-15 hours per week.

Hello EgyGer1,

Thank you for your post. As MIT Sloan is a very competitive program, you will definitely want to score in the 700s on the GMAT (think around 730). Personal MBA Coach can help you get there via our tutors who have scored in the 99th+ percentile on the GMAT and are graduates of MIT, Harvard, UPenn, Yale, Columbia, and more. Take a look at our tutoring services to learn more.

You have had quite a bit of international exposure, which will look good on your application. I am curious to learn more about the particular company you are working for now, as well as your post-MBA goals.

As for your extracurriculars, you will want to strengthen this area of your profile. By putting in the extra effort now, you will have ample opportunities to add real value before the deadlines this fall and avoid being penalized for not having a track record of involvement and leadership by the time summer comes. Personal MBA Coach suggests choosing areas that you are passionate about and that fit with your story.

Where else do you anticipate applying to along with Sloan? We recommend applying to 5 to 7 schools to maximize your chances of acceptance.

Send a note to scott@personalmbacoach.com if you want more help with test prep or putting together strong applications for Sloan!

Best,
Personal MBA Coach
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
octanemethane wrote:
Hi everyone,

Could someone help with my profile evaluation?

Ethnicity: Pakistan

Scores:
MSc. Energy Engineering - GPA 3.70 out of 4.0
BSc. Electrical Engineering - GPA 3.30 out of 4.0
GMAT expected - 740+
IELTS: 8/9

Research Work:

- 4 conference papers published

Work Experience :
- 6 yrs with leading MNC in the energy industry
- present position: design engineer with a team of more than 50 reporting directly

Applying for Round 1 - 2021

Thanks

Hey octanemethane,

To begin with, your academic background showcases a series of good scores both in your undergraduate and post-graduation, and thus boasts of your academic prowess. Furthermore, the 4 conference papers that you have published go on to vouch for your technical acumen and the skills you possess.

Moving forward, your work experience of 6 years in the Energy sector with a top multinational conglomerate gives you a unique perspective which can be perceived as a valuable addition to any masters program. However, on a side note, since you would be competing against applicants with work experience from the big four firms, you need to highlight how you have gone beyond the role, any initiatives you’ve taken, and any kinds of impacts created to showcase a strong profile and thus stand out from the crowd. For example; your present role of Design Engineer also showcases your efficacious leadership qualities as managing a team of 50+ members is not an easy feat.

As you have not mentioned your extracurricular activities, I’d like to let you know that Extracurricular participation plays an important role in strengthening your application as B-schools are on the hunt for all-rounder profiles. Hence, it is essential to shed some light on the endeavors you took up in any clubs, associations, and events you managed or participated in more recently. Thus, you should dig deeper into this aspect and bring out varied skills in your profile, or seek to build the relevant proficiencies in this area to show that you are constantly on the path of upskilling yourself.

Furthermore, you can build your extracurricular front by taking up social volunteering work (in collaboration with NGOs). This would also shine light on your empathetic nature and your drive to give back to society, and thus strengthen your application.

Coming to your GMAT, an overall score of 740 is pretty impressive and since you have a well-groomed profile, you can easily be targeting all the top b schools. Listed below are some schools in the dream and competitive category to increase your chance of acceptance.

Dream Category (Chance of acceptance 40-50%): NYU, Berkeley, Wharton, Stanford, LBS, HEC
Competitive Category (Chance of acceptance 60-70%): ESSEC, ESCP, Duke, UVA, Darden

All things considered, while you have a competitive profile, to increase your chances of getting admitted to these schools you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application (consisting of - Essays, LORs, and Resume) that highlights your strengths and overshadows your weaknesses in order to differentiate your profile. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has helped 3500+ applicants get into their dream schools. You would also be entitled to end-to-end consulting combined with unlimited edits on your application documents. Not only this, you’d be consulted by a B-school alumnus who’d be helping you directly with your application process, right from finalizing the right schools and submitting an impactful application to the school to preparing you for the interview and bagging scholarships!

Link to our All-In-One Solution-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi EgyGer1, looks like you have some strong international and volunteer experience. Given your age and that you pursued a master's degree already, I'm guessing you have 5-6 years of work experience already, is that accurate? MIT Sloan's current class averages 5 years of professional experience at time of matriculation. Although I'm guessing that you're above that, remember that is the average (most top schools' 80% range is 3-8 years) so I think this is in line.

The average GMAT at MIT is 720, so I encourage you to use the time you've set aside to prep wisely and remain focused on reaching at least a 720. However, I'm also confident you can demonstrate the academic 'chops' that MIT requires because of your Master's.

So, in terms of background I think you're looking like a strong candidate. Sloan is very selective and a highly sought-after program, so even if you're a strong enough candidate it's challenging to be selected. One thing that you CAN control is how you represent yourself through the essays, and I encourage you to put in the effort to make sure these are done well. To help you with that, download our Free Guides (Sloan plus multiple other top programs). Open to discussing your profile further if you schedule a consultation.

All the best!

EgyGer1 wrote:
Hi guys,

Education:

Work experience:

Languages:

GMAT score:
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
octanemethane wrote:
Hi everyone,

Could someone help with my profile evaluation?

Ethnicity: Pakistan

Scores:
MSc. Energy Engineering - GPA 3.70 out of 4.0
BSc. Electrical Engineering - GPA 3.30 out of 4.0
GMAT expected - 740+
IELTS: 8/9

Research Work:

- 4 conference papers published

Work Experience :
- 6 yrs with leading MNC in the energy industry
- present position: design engineer with a team of more than 50 reporting directly

Applying for Round 1 - 2021

Thanks

Hey octanemethane,

To begin with, your academic background showcases a series of good scores both in your undergraduate and post-graduation, and thus boasts of your academic prowess. Furthermore, the 4 conference papers that you have published go on to vouch for your technical acumen and the skills you possess.

Moving forward, your work experience of 6 years in the Energy sector with a top multinational conglomerate gives you a unique perspective which definitely providecan be perceived as s a valuable addition to their any masters program. However, on a side note, Ssince you would be competing against applicants with work experience from the big four firms, you need to highlight, howhighlight how you have gone beyond the role, any initiatives you’ve taken, and any kinds of impacts created to showcase a strong profile and thus stand out from the crowd.

Moreover For example,; your present role of Design Engineer also showcases your efficacious leadership qualities as managing a team of 50+ members is not an easy feat.

As you have not mentioned your extracurricular activities - both during your undergrad and postgraduate, I’d like to let you know that Extracurricular participation plays an important role in strengthening your application as B-schools are on the hunt for all-rounder profiles. Hence, it is essential to shed some light on the endeavors you took up in any clubs, associations, sports, fest, or and events you managed or participated in during your undergradmore recently. Thus, you should dig deeper into this aspect and bring out varied skills in your profile, or seek to build the relevant proficiencies in this area to show that you are constantly on the path of upskilling yourself.

Furthermore, you can build your extracurricular front by taking up social volunteering work (in collaboration with NGOs). This would also shine light on your empathetic nature and your drive to give back to society, and thus strengthen your application.

Coming to your GMAT, an overall score of 740 is pretty impressive and since you have a well-groomed profile, you can easily be targeting all the top b schools. Listed below are some schools in the dream and competitive category to increase your chance of acceptance.

Dream Category (Chance of acceptance 40-50%): NYU, Berkeley, Wharton, Stanford, LBS, HEC
Competitive Category (Chance of acceptance 60-70%): ESSEC, ESCP, Duke, UVA, Darden

All things considered, while you have a competitive profile, to increase your chances of getting admitted to these schools you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application (consisting of - Essays, LORs, and Resume) that highlights your strengths and overshadows your weaknesses in order to differentiate your profile. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has helped 3500+ applicants get into their dream schools. You would also be entitled to end-to-end consulting combined with unlimited edits on your application documents. Not only this, you’d be consulted by a B-school alumnus who’d be helping you directly with your application process, right from finalizing the right schools and submitting an impactful application to the school to preparing you for the interview and bagging scholarships!

Link to our All-In-One Solution-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
[Profile Review - deferred admission ] 21M, Co-founder, 3.55 GPA, International applicant - Applying to Sloan,

I appreciate any feedback or suggestions from this great community! I'll be applying for the differed admission next semester as I graduate (early in Feb 2022).

BACKGROUND:

Work experience: 4 months as a product design intern at a leading cloud startup in Malaysia (redesigned their whole system and proposed and built 2 new functionalities), 6 months remote software engineer. 3 months as a part-time UX designer.

Entrepreneurship experience: Co-founder of a Libyan startup for building and launching digital products in the Libyan market, our goal is to launch 5+ apps in the Libyan empty digital market that can bridge the gap between Libya and the digital life (Launched products so far, E-learning app, e-commerce app, one unsuccessful app), +600,000 users (from 7 countries), operating remotely in 3 countries, bootstrapped in the first two years, and we got 200,000$ in funding this year, total revenue in this year as a 3 y/o -> 500k $ (which is super high in my local currency).

Extracurriculars: Founder (Leader) & a Committee Member of the university tech club, Consultant, and UX designer at Local google developers club. Campus students Ambassador for 5 months. research assistant at H.O.M.E lab for AI studies.

In-campus related activities: Participated in Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship Bootcamp (BMoE) and pitched a business idea to 8 different investors, awarded 5th place out of 50 teams. Also, with a team of 4, I built an internal application for my university students to use. Additionally, I won 3rd place in the UX design competition by the school of engineering at my university.

Undergrad School: Duel Degree from (Sunway university [Malaysia] & Lancaster University [UK], Software Engineering major. (3 Years, 3 semesters/year, Once I graduate I'll receive a degree from each uni I've mentioned.). -> Current GPA (3.55) , aiming for (3.7).

Related coursework -> Introduction to entrepreneurship, Startup Foundry & Code camp

Other Education: Certificate in Entrepernship from oxford university (Undergraduate credit course), Starting CORe from HBX next Sept, took multiple credit courses from oxford ->(Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Applied data science)

Professional Certifications: Project management -> PMP, PMI-ACP, PSM2, PSPO2, IIBA ECBA, ITIL, and six sigma.

Technical certification -> 2x Microsoft cloud certs, Certified Software Development Associate (CSDA) from IEEE.

Online courses -> Software Product Management Specialization from the University of Alberta, MBAMATH, Business foundation specialization from University from Wharton, Entrepreneurship specialization from Wharton too.

Current active member at -> PMI, IIBA, IEEE, and IEEE Computer Society.

Sex/Nationality: M, Libyan (White African). -> underrepresented -> I've been living in Malaysia for 7 years. (7 years of international experience , lived in 4 different countries)

GMAT -> 720 (should I retake it ?)

POST-MBA GOALS :

short-term:
By the time I enroll in the program, I'll have been completed 3 years of entrepreneurship experience. I want to learn the foundation of the business to scale up my business in a +5 million$ market.

Long-term:
Developing a more diverse network and relationships. My network is extremely tech-centric (devs and PMs for the most part) and even if I'm not interested in making a jump to IB/PE or back to the normal employee life, you never know where life will lead you.

QUESTIONS:

What other things I could do as a full-time student, founder, and part-time PM that might strengthen my weak application?

What are my chances? am I going too big?

anythings to make my application stronger?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Sorry for the long post! I am interested in knowing my eligibility. Targeting to join September 2022.
1. Background and nationality: 23 year Indian female
2. Pre-undergrad Information: Top 5% throughout school, 95% in 10th, 91.2% in 12th. Various accolades throughout school career (International and national abacus
champion, Diploma in Fine Arts, National Cadet Corps, etc.)
3. Undergrad Information: Majors in Economics from University of Mumbai- 9.13 GPA. Top 5% in the batch throughout college.
4. GMAT: Targeting 740 (680 in first official mock)
5. Work experience and leadership: - 2 years work experience (will have 3 by the time I join) in Ernst & Young LLP in government consulting.
- Received 4 awards in the short tenure of 2 years
- Worked back closely with diverse stakeholders like philanthropies (Gates Foundation), Central Ministry State Government, Local
Government, vulnerable groups like women Self Help Groups, sanitation workers, etc. Assisted in conducting various capacity building trainings and supported in livelihood intervention to these vulnerable groups
- Leading a team of 8 in Knowledge Management; supporting in capacity building of the entire team; independently published thought leaderships in the sector
- Worked extensively on Business Development and Strategy:
- Other experiences include vendor management of subcontractors worth 1 Crore, extensive stakeholder and project management
- Will be able to get good recommendations
6. Community and others: - Strong volunteering experience with Teach for India, and other educational NGOs, Social Media for change fellowship- worked back
closely on integrated rural development and solar project; crowd-sourcing of INR 50,000 after severe cyclone in home state through the NGO
- International and abacus Champion; Diploma in Fine Arts
- Other interests include mindfulness and yoga; swimming; scuba-diving; reading fantasy fiction
7. Post MBA goals: Consulting- ready to explore Strategy and Impact consulting. Want to ultimately settle in India (mostly)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,
Could you please evaluate my profile?

Education:
- 76% Electrical Engg from a state univ in India
- 3.5/4 MS in Electrical Engg from a top Middle Eastern Univ
with three research publications

Experience:
- 7+ years of Exp in Technology Transfer and Patent Management(all international experience).
- co-founder in one startup.

Tests: GMAT -740 IELTS-8.0

Extra curriculars:
- was student rep during undergrad and organized large student festivals/events for department
- mentor in local students in Middle Eastern country on patent laws, IP protection, software dev.

Race/nationality: India

Sex: Male - 32 years old.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi kurtvonney12,

Thank you for sharing your profile. From the information you have provided, I can see great academics and a good GMAT score. On the work front, you have a good international experience. It is more credible if you back it up with stories about how it has aided you professionally. You have not provided specifics about your leadership responsibilities and impact, but I am sure you have some outstanding ones. Regarding your ECs, you can talk about your mentorship experience. I would say try to bring any hobbies or interests you have in this part. Adcoms will learn about you outside of work and how you can contribute to the school community. MIT seeks people who can demonstrate leadership and inspire others. A collaborative attitude and a focus on the community. Try to include all of these in your application. You may want to read an article on how to maximize your chances for fall deadlines, you will get some insights.

What are your post-MBA goals? Do you want to pursue an MBA to advance in your current career? or are you looking to change careers? You are 30+, and at this age, adcoms demand more clarity on your goals and how an MBA would help you achieve them. Therefore, it is critical to express this clearly in your essays and interviews.

If you need more direction/guidance over any aspect of your application and have any specific concerns, you can ask us on the forum Ask MBA & Beyond.

I would like to know your profile in detail, like leadership, impact, roles & responsibilities you have undertaken, and your post-MBA goals to evaluate better. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to b-school. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

How to enhance your application and maximize your chances in Round 1 for fall intake

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

kurtvonney12 wrote:
Hello,

Education:

Experience:
- 7+ years of Exp in Technology Transfer and Patent Management(all international experience).

Extra curriculars:
- was student rep during undergrad and organized large student festivals/events for department
- mentor in local students in Middle Eastern country on patent laws, IP protection, software dev.

Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello kurtvonney12,

At 32 years old, you are a bit older than the average full-time MBA student at Sloan. However, 7 years of work experience situates you well.

Since you already have a strong GMAT score, you should focus on rounding out the rest of your application. Have you put enough thought into your professional story? How do your extracurriculars tie into your overall narrative? I am also curious about what kind of startup you cofounded!

Personal MBA Coach was founded by an MIT Sloan grad and we send a lot of folks to Sloan each year. Feel free to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com to discuss your application strategy and learn more about our services.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

kurtvonney12 wrote:
Hello,

Education:

Experience:

Extra curriculars:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi I'm looking for a profile evaluation for the full-time 2 year MBA at Sloan starting next year (2022)
Below are details of my profile

Demographic
Indian | Male | Age 25

GMAT
710 (Q49 V39 | IR 6 | AWA 6)

Academics
Under-Graduation: 75.74% (First Division) | Bachelors in Commerce (Honours), Delhi University
12th Grade: 96.75% | Commerce Stream
10th Grade: 9.6 CGPA

Post MBA Goals
Short Term: Marketing & Communication Impact Consulting
Long Term: Set-up my own design and communication consulting organisation

Target Recruiters
IDEO, Dalberg, Bridgespan Group, Ogilvy, Dentsu, Unilever, Frog Design (other similar recruiters, open to your recommendations as well)

Work Experience
Function: Marketing
Tenure: 3.5 years
Industries: Hospitality, Consumer Products & Services, Social Impact
Specialisations: Advertising, Strategy | Additional Exposure: Business Development, General Management

Tenure Details:
July'21 | Tentative Engagement with Malaria No More, India (This is yet to be finalised, but in the pipeline; I'm in the last phase of recruitement and have received a somewhat positive response)
/ Digital Marketing and Communication on their Nation-wide Malaria prevention awareness, treatment, and management Social Behaviour Change Communciation Campaign

December'20-Present | Self-Employed
/ Co-founded social media and website based e-commerce fashion brand 'aurai by dt' (hair accessories) - engaged with an NGO building livelihood of impoverished women through skill building in stiching and tailoring
/ Freelance digital advertising, content strategy, and design solutions consultant to small scale consumer product & service brands

April'20-October'20 | Vihara Innovation Network
/ Marketing and Business Development Associate

June'19-March'20 | Vizara Technologies Pvt. Ltd
November'19-February'20 | Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
/ Project Associate - International Heritage Symposium and Exhibition 2020

March'18-May'19 | Templatolio Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
/ Client Servicing Associate
/ Client Servicing Analyst

Co-curricular Development
Social Development:
June'20-Present | Rotary International
/ Member of Rotary Club of Delhi South Metropolitan. Taken active participation in monthly virtual meetings and assisted with operational and design solutions for those meetings

January'21-April'21 | Sofia Smart Centre
/ Engaged with this skill development NGO that enables impoverished women through skillbuilding to generate livelihood (for my hair accessories venture)

June'11 | Music Basti
/ Volunteered at the NGO focused on the holistic development of underprivileged children to bolster their personalities through the medium of music

Cultural Development:
September'14-May'17 | Music Society Member, Under-Graduation
/ Performed as member of the society at college annual fest

July'15 | Summer School, London School Of Economics (LSE)
/ Attended Summer School from London School of Economics (LSE) inManagerial Accounting and received 'A' Grade in the assessment examination

April'09-March'14 | Lead Guitarist-School Band, High-School
/ Participated in and won a few music competitions where I represented my school with my band
/ Performed on the opening day of the International PASH (Partners forthe future) German Leaders' youth camp; organised by the DPS Society in association with the Goethe Institute at Max Meuller Bhavan

February'09-January'12 | Rockschool Guitar Examinations
/ Cleared up till grade 4 guitar examinations with distinction; certified by Trinity School of Music, London

July'10-August'10 | Artek - The International Children's Festival, Ukraine
/ Represented India at this UN initiative, held in Ukraine. The festival encouraged cultural interaction and mutual dialogue betweenchildren from a vast variety of countries

Curricular Accomplishments
May'17 | Under-Graduation
/ Passed my undergraduate degree with First-Division

May'14 | Secondary Education
/ Ranked 10th in my high school, in a batch of approximately 1500 people, in the 12th grade CBSE Board Examination
/ Received a Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit for 7 consecutive years (2006–2014) of academic excellence - from my high school, D.P.S. R.K. Puram

Hobbies/Leisure
Watching sports-Cricket, F1, Tennis, Baseball / Electronic Music Production / YouTube Learning / Streaming Platforms / Traveling /Reading

Thanks for your help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Work experience - Will be completing 4 years work experience with McKinsey and Company as a data scientist.
Undergraduation - Completed my undergraduation from one of the top engineering colleges (Delhi Technological University) in India in Mathematics and Computing Engineering.
School - Got 10 CGPA in 10th and 97% in 12th boards CBSE
GMAT - Got 700 in GMAT (Q49, V36, IR4, AWA4).
Others - Have been involved in various social and co-curricular activities such as National level Horse riding, State level Air Rifle Shooting, Command level football, etc

Is aiming for MIT Sloan ambitious, realistic or sureshot? Also, is it true that MIT is not considering GMAT as an evaluation criteria for 2022 admissions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Demographic: 28, Scandinavian, Male
GMAT Score: est. 700

Education:
BSc in Maritime Administration (2018) 3.47/4.0
MSc in Finance and Accounting: (2020) 2.85/4.0

Work-Ex:
Currently working as senior consultant at Big 4 (2020 - Present: 1 year, will have 3 years of experience before joining Business School). Fast tracked, promotion from consultant to senior consultant in one year.

Worked part time at worlds largest transportation company, for two years (2017-2019)
Interned at worlds largest transportation company, PMO/M&A (For 8 months in 2017/18)
Worked part time at major Scandinavian bank (for 4 months 2016)
Worked part time as a bookkeeper at a small firm (for 8 months 2016)
I focused more at gaining work experience, than improving my GPA, since this was crucial in landing a fulltime job after graduation.

Extracurricular:
Current board member of Mensa (Country chapter)
Semester exchange to WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Germany (2019)
Semester exchange to Texas A&M, USA (2017)

Languages:
English (Fluent), Danish (Native)

Role after MBA:
Consulting / Business Development / Operations

Aiming for the following universities:
INSEAD
London Business School
HEC Paris
Judge Business School
Saïd Business School
Columbia (Maybe)
HBS (Maybe)
Wharton (Maybe)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Sarvesh22 wrote:
Work experience - Will be completing 4 years work experience with McKinsey and Company as a data scientist.
Undergraduation - Completed my undergraduation from one of the top engineering colleges (Delhi Technological University) in India in Mathematics and Computing Engineering.
School - Got 10 CGPA in 10th and 97% in 12th boards CBSE
GMAT - Got 700 in GMAT (Q49, V36, IR4, AWA4).
Others - Have been involved in various social and co-curricular activities such as National level Horse riding, State level Air Rifle Shooting, Command level football, etc

Is aiming for MIT Sloan ambitious, realistic or sureshot? Also, is it true that MIT is not considering GMAT as an evaluation criteria for 2022 admissions?

Hi Sarvesh,

With a 700 GMAT, your undergrad GPA will remain critical to proving your academic potential. Further, your experience as a Dada Scientist will have to be backed by strong Leadership and Teamwork, along with a good breadth of experience. Your achievements in sports will certainly allow you to add good flavor to your story. Overall, with an initial understanding of your profile, given the competition at Sloan, and with a few deferrals from this year, the Sloan MBA will be an ambitious school - though not impossible!

Feel free to email your resume to prashant@admitsquare.com for a more detailed evaluation.

All the Best!
Prashant Tibrewal
MIT Sloan Fellows MBA
Forbes-featured International Education Expert
Founder, AdmitSquare Consulting
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi! Can you help to evaluate my profile please, thank you in advance!

Nationality: Vietnamese. Age 25.

1. Education
- Bachelor in Business Administration in a well-known University of Applied Sciences in Finland.
- GPA: 3.27/4
- Many interesting real-life projects with startups

2. Work experience: 3.5 years by the time applying. All positions have certain leadership experience.
- 2018 - 2020:2 years work in marketing planning at a multinational corporation, started as a management trainee and promoted to junior manager.
- 2020-2021: 1-year work in product marketing at an international e-commerce startup, the biggest e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia.
- 2021 - now: 0.5 year work in sales & marketing in an international food delivery startup. In charge of big budget for marketing spending ($ millions)

3. Test score: MIT agreed to waive my GMAT

4. EC: mostly done during university years. I did my EC in Finland, Hungary and Greece
- Train and send students to mid-sized startups all over Europe for work experience
- Work at an NGO to educate young people about entrepreneurship in Greece

Thank you
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi VietBui,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA is good, and as your GMAT got waived, this part is pretty sorted. On the work front, I can see a good career progression. You will need to demonstrate your roles and responsibilities and the impact you have had on the organization. Your experience with big companies will undoubtedly give you an advantage. There are aspects of leadership in your ECs, and the fact that you came up with a really unique and relevant purpose (training students/educating people) is really interesting.

What are your post-MBA goals? I'd like to know more about it. Overall, your profile is good. Now that your GMAT has been waived, you must focus your efforts on developing great application. The responsibility of displaying analytical and quantitative abilities shifts to other aspects of the application, such as undergraduate/graduate coursework, full-time work experience, and professional certifications. Therefore, as you are applying for a GMAT waiver MBA program, there is a strong possibility for more competition. And hence your essays must be exceptional in alignment with the values of the b-school. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and answer any of your concerns. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

VietBui wrote:
Hi! Can you help to evaluate my profile please, thank you in advance!

Nationality: Vietnamese. Age 25.

1. Education
- Bachelor in Business Administration in a well-known University of Applied Sciences in Finland.
- GPA: 3.27/4
- Many interesting real-life projects with startups

2. Work experience: 3.5 years by the time applying. All positions have certain leadership experience.
- 2018 - 2020:2 years work in marketing planning at a multinational corporation, started as a management trainee and promoted to junior manager.
- 2020-2021: 1-year work in product marketing at an international e-commerce startup, the biggest e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia.
- 2021 - now: 0.5 year work in sales & marketing in an international food delivery startup. In charge of big budget for marketing spending ($ millions)

3. Test score: MIT agreed to waive my GMAT

4. EC: mostly done during university years. I did my EC in Finland, Hungary and Greece
- Train and send students to mid-sized startups all over Europe for work experience
- Work at an NGO to educate young people about entrepreneurship in Greece

Thank you
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   
Moderators:
Sloan and Fuqua Moderator
12 posts
Booth & Sloan Moderator
38 posts