Last visit was: 20 Sep 2024, 17:54 It is currently 20 Sep 2024, 17:54
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Other (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [1]
Given Kudos: 413
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11885 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Study Plan [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi KuanyshGmat,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) Have you used any other study materials besides the OG (and which version(s) of the OG have you used?)? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 23314 [0]
Given Kudos: 287
Send PM
Expert Reply
Regarding prep courses, in addition to seeking advice in this thread, take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for the best quant and verbal courses, and also read through some GMAT success stories to see what materials have worked well for other test-takers.

You also may find it helpful to read this article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1377 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
could share further study plan

Consider checking out the gmatclub study plan post.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1893 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
KuanyshGmat
Hello guys!Stuck between 650 and 700 on Quant(Could u please recommend some materials to be working on?All i have been doing since now was free GMAt club questions, OG and that`s it and now i am just out of materials or questions to solve despite of Gmat club questions..would be so grateful if somebody could share further study plan or materials to read...I`ve heard of Kaplan 800 advanced,and now also looking for pdf of it, could u also share ur opinion if this book is a good idea.My main problem is to find the questions to improve my score and to where find the better explanations to have futher improvement

Hi KuanyshGmat

I see that you are focusing more on practicing questions, than on the process, which may not be the right way to prepare for GMAT. GMAT is a test of application of concepts. So, before you start practicing questions, you should be conceptually clear and learn the right methodology. So, instead of focusing on only practicing questions, make sure that you learn the right process to solve questions. Once you do that, you don't have to worry about the difficulty level of the question.

The only method to make sure that you invest your time, money and effort in an effective way is to use a standard resource which teaches you the concepts, strategies and also helps you work on your weaker areas. Studying using OG or a few random resources might help you to solve GMAT like questions but I’m afraid that they won’t be able to help you much from a strategy perspective.Moreover, you may find that the OG is a good option as a question bank but lacks detailed explanations for you to use for improvement.

I would suggest you to go for some standard course for your preparation which can help you prepare in a structured and efficient manner thereby increasing your productivity.

You can check out how Ruthwik scored a GMAT 740 with a perfect Q51:

Feel free to reach out if you need any help with the study strategy for acing your GMAT prep. I would be happy to help you.
GMAT Club Bot