It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 16:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Test 1 : Score 590! What to do next ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 76

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Test 1 : Score 590! What to do next ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2016, 08:04
Hello,

I gave 1st test today! I scored 590 (Q45 V27). How to prepare further?
I think I've concentration issue. Correct or incorrect answers are in chunks. How to improve on that issue?
Also I struggle with time. Are there any pacing techniques ?

Also, is the test completely adaptive ? In my verbal section, the weightage of question was not increasing even after answering multiple questions correct.
Can someone please take a look?

One small suggestion, can there be one more report in the review section, which distributes each and every question according to question type?
This will help immensely to maintain error logs.
800Score has those graphs, maybe your development team can take a look for reference

Veritas prep details
userid : sidpatel789@gmail.com

- Siddharth Patel

If my post was helpful, feel free to give kudos!

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 76

Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesEMPOWERgmat Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
G

Kudos [?]: 18144 [0], given: 236

Re: Test 1 : Score 590! What to do next ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2016, 00:27
sidoknowia wrote:
Hello,

I gave 1st test today! I scored 590 (Q45 V27). How to prepare further?
I think I've concentration issue. Correct or incorrect answers are in chunks. How to improve on that issue?
Also I struggle with time. Are there any pacing techniques ?

Also, is the test completely adaptive ? In my verbal section, the weightage of question was not increasing even after answering multiple questions correct.
Can someone please take a look?

One small suggestion, can there be one more report in the review section, which distributes each and every question according to question type?
This will help immensely to maintain error logs.
800Score has those graphs, maybe your development team can take a look for reference

Veritas prep details
userid : sidpatel789@gmail.com

- Siddharth Patel

I just checked your test performance. Everything seems to be in order. If you get a few questions of a certain level correct, you are given questions of a higher level. If you answer those incorrectly, you come back to your original level. That's what I see is happening in your case.

I see errors across the board though more in SC and RC. Pay special attention to both these question types.
Check out the SC video: http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/
and practice RC passages from the book.
If your comfort in the section goes up, your speed will also go up. Focus on your basics right now. Worry about speed only after you have sorted them out.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Get started with Veritas Prep GMAT On Demand for $199

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 16

GMAT 1: 580 Q37 V33
GMAT 2: 580 Q39 V31
GMAT 3: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 4: 560 Q40 V28
GMAT 5: 580 Q37 V32
GMAT 6: 680 Q45 V37
GMAT 7: 690 Q47 V37
Test 1 : Score 590! What to do next ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2016, 00:27
Dear Karishma,

I really want to thank you and appreciate your simple yet detailed explanations that have been extremely helpful in allowing me to get a grip on my Quant weaknesses.
I was initially struggling with Mixture problems,but today after going through the content shared by you and practicing the questions,I get no question wrong in Mixture problems and I am able to solve in less than 1 minute.
Likewise reading and practising against the theory shared on overlapping sets,I am feeling much more confident about such problems.

Sometimes it is about explaining in the most simple manner that can open that block in mind.

KUDOS to a trainer like you.I am sure that had I taken quant tutoring from you I would have definitely scored a 48/49 with ease.

Just wanted to thank you.

Regards,
Bhamini

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 16

Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
G

Re: Test 1 : Score 590! What to do next ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2016, 20:54
bhamini1 wrote:
Dear Karishma,

I really want to thank you and appreciate your simple yet detailed explanations that have been extremely helpful in allowing me to get a grip on my Quant weaknesses.
I was initially struggling with Mixture problems,but today after going through the content shared by you and practicing the questions,I get no question wrong in Mixture problems and I am able to solve in less than 1 minute.
Likewise reading and practising against the theory shared on overlapping sets,I am feeling much more confident about such problems.

Sometimes it is about explaining in the most simple manner that can open that block in mind.

KUDOS to a trainer like you.I am sure that had I taken quant tutoring from you I would have definitely scored a 48/49 with ease.

Just wanted to thank you.

Regards,
Bhamini

Thank You Bhamini! Great to know that you benefited from my posts!

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Get started with Veritas Prep GMAT On Demand for $199

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Test 1 : Score 590! What to do next ?   [#permalink] 18 Sep 2016, 20:54

Test 1 : Score 590! What to do next ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap