GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 23 Feb 2020, 14:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Took a Break of a Month While Studying

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Quant   Verbal   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Took a Break of a Month While Studying  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 22:30
Hey Guys,

I was preparing for GMAT for a couple of months back, and during that time I was working on my weaknesses in Quant and Verbal. Due to work pressure and some personal reasons, I couldn't study for almost 45 days, and now I need to get back on it and give the exam. To give a little background, My first diagnostic test was terrible and I scored a 530, then. I improved my score to 630 in a month, and I was using Crack Verbal's online material and Magoosh's online material.

Please could anyone help me with what strategy I should use here? Should I give a diagnostic test again and then start revising topics?
I am hesitant to give a diagnostic test as I feel it would discourage me before I get on to it.

Also, What study plan should I use here? Should I start with Quant first and work on it and then pick verbal (SC, CR, and RC) or work on both of them parallelly?
I am aiming for a 740 score, and want to give my exam in the next 60 days. Back then when I was studying, I was doing fairly good in Quant - Easy and medium difficulty level questions and was drilling down more on harder questions.
Whereas, Verbal was overall giving me a tough time, particularly RC. I would be grateful if someone would help me guide through this.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.79
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Took a Break of a Month While Studying  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 23:28
I took a break to travel last week. Relaxing is good for your brain.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Ross '22, ISB '20, NUS '20
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Took a Break of a Month While Studying  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 00:18
i personally dont prefer doing quant first after all that again starting verbal.....or the reverse.....because after following which i felt quant was left for a while concentrating on verbal and then it went back to almost where it started...

so better balance both like 3:1 ratio if u have 4hrs a day....where u can concentrate on weaker part for 3 hrs and stronger one for an hour.
Intern
Intern
G
GPA: 3.9
Re: Took a Break of a Month While Studying  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 01:04
It is better if you take mock after 15 days study.
You should study quant and verbal part simultaneously. If you leftover one section for long time, you've to start it newly, sometimes, because our brain does not work if we don't exercise regularly.
This is totally my personal conviction.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Took a Break of a Month While Studying   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2020, 01:04

Took a Break of a Month While Studying

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics