Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:08 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: ISB '18 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
saketadhikarla wrote:
So, as the announcement deadline has passed for Nov round...ssup with other applicants?

Tensed and waiting for some lead.

It hasn't actually... The original post is mistaken, it is 2/12 not 2/2. We still have ten days for the announcement.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
BlueDonkey wrote:
For applicant initiated interviews the deadline was 29th Jan 2016, does that mean non-US applicants who did not initiate an interview and have not received an interview invite till now are dinged?

Till how long from application submission date can we expect an adcom interview invite?

I wouldn't presume anything. Technically, you can be admitted without an interview. I think I read on the application instructions that if the admissions committee feels as though they need to further assess you, you may be invited. Could be a good thing you haven't been invited to interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone read anything about Tuck acceptance rates for those who were invited to interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
klaxon wrote:
Has anyone read anything about Tuck acceptance rates for those who were invited to interview?

Based on gmatclub data, i would say the acceptance rates post interview hover around 30-40%
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
klaxon wrote:

I heard members of the AdCom say that applicants who interview fare better than those who do not, but I wouldn't get hung up on that because Tuck tries to interview everyone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
harshagav wrote:
klaxon wrote:

Based on gmatclub data, i would say the acceptance rates post interview hover around 30-40%

Gotcha, I saw that too but I was wondering if anyone had seen an acceptance rate that measures only at those who were given an adcom-initiated interview? I'd be interested to see the breakdown on overall acceptance rate, student-initiated acceptance rate, adcom-initiated acceptance rate, and no-interview acceptance rate. I looked around but could only find overall acceptance rates.

I got invited to interview and now I'm playing the "what are my chances" game.

Best of luck to everyone in the application process.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Fall at Tuck: My Top 5 Favorite Moments

By Emma He T’17

Tuck has become my home away from home. My first fall at Tuck was full of challenges and fun—here are five experiences I enjoyed the most.

1. Mini Hockey League

Ice hockey is a key tradition for students at Tuck. Hockey is separated into three sections: the A team (professionals), the B team (semiprofessionals), and the tripod team (amateurs). In between the Fall League and the Winter League, there was mini league, where all players got drafted randomly into a team. It’s no surprise that we were all at very different skill levels. Mini league gave me the opportunity to get to know my classmates in a very different setting. One week, we played games on four consecutive nights—a team record.

2. Study Group 22

Study group is your family away from family—the people with whom you get to spend most of your time with during the fall semester. And I mean a lot of time. You study together, you eat together, you go to parties together, you get cold-called together. During our Decision Science course, our professor sometimes randomly generated a name to answer a group assignment. Your study group helps you and acts as your sounding board, your biggest fan, and your
best friends.

3. Hanover leaves and snow

Hanover, situated in the Upper Valley, is surrounded by beautiful nature. Leaves begin changing color in early October every year. While people from the Northeast and elsewhere flock to Vermont and New Hampshire for leaf peeping, we have easy access to hikes in the mountains which offer a spectacular fall view. “Outdoorsiness” is a key characteristic of Tuck students. Getting outside together promotes community, adventure, and authenticity.

4. SafeRides

SafeRides is essentially a student-organized Uber, but it's free. Typically, two people pair up as partners. Not only do they pick you up and bring you home, they also make sure your car gets home with you. SafeRides operates four nights per week (Wednesday – Saturday) from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. to make sure all classmates get home safely, even despite rain and snow. I always look forward to receiving the weekend SafeRides e-mail which is usually filled with humor and wit. 

5. Case competitions

Case competitions were definitely another highlight of my fall. I participated in the 2015 Women in Investing Conference at Cornell and the Deloitte Case Competition. Case competitions definitely challenge your time management skills and allow you to put your classroom learnings into real practice. They’re a great way to get a real-world sense of the area that you are interested in.

Emma is a first-year student at Tuck who is originally from Beijing. She previously worked in consulting for SMS Management Consulting and Deutsche Bank.

(Main photo above: Emma with her fellow case competition group; Photo at left: Emma with her study group; Photo at right: Emma with fellow Tuckies on a fall hike in the Upper Valley.)
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
I take your stats with the grainiest of pink himalayan salt. Tuck is definitely taking a small number, if any, without an interview. In fact, I don't see how a school like Tuck would accept anyone without an interview given their emphasis on interpersonal social skills. Furthermore, GMATCLUB is not the universe of MBA applicants so citing GMATCLUB for anything is useless when it comes to stats.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Just received interview invite from T16 student an hour ago. So excited! I have a silly question here. Since I have never done a skype interview, will it usually be a video call or voice only?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.15
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
woraphotk wrote:
Just received interview invite from T16 student an hour ago. So excited! I have a silly question here. Since I have never done a skype interview, will it usually be a video call or voice only?

It'll be a video call...suit up and all the best...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi woraphotk. What date did you send in your application. I did not initiate an interview and therefore waiting to hopefully get invited for one by the ad com like you did.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
sanrohan wrote:
Hi woraphotk. What date did you send in your application. I did not initiate an interview and therefore waiting to hopefully get invited for one by the ad com like you did.

I submitted my app on the deadline. Im sure more invitations are coming so best of luck for you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
klaxon wrote:
BlueDonkey wrote:
For applicant initiated interviews the deadline was 29th Jan 2016, does that mean non-US applicants who did not initiate an interview and have not received an interview invite till now are dinged?

Till how long from application submission date can we expect an adcom interview invite?

I wouldn't presume anything. Technically, you can be admitted without an interview. I think I read on the application instructions that if the admissions committee feels as though they need to further assess you, you may be invited. Could be a good thing you haven't been invited to interview?

only be the case if your profile is very strong
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Kudos
I'm *so* amazed at the level of misinformation that some people provide in this forum. Just so people know. No one is admitted to Tuck without being interviewed. No one.

"We do not admit any applicant who has not been interviewed (either by their own initiative or by invitation)."

https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/mba/blog ... -interview
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Tuck '18 (D)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GRE 1: Q163 V156
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
sudaca2015 wrote:
I'm *so* amazed at the level of misinformation that some people provide in this forum. Just so people know. No one is admitted to Tuck without being interviewed. No one.

"We do not admit any applicant who has not been interviewed (either by their own initiative or by invitation)."

I was just looking for that; thanks for sharing.

To 119maple 's point: GMATCLUB represents about 17% of Tuck applicants, a sample far too small to take anything meaningful from. Also, there are currently two November round applicants that have been claiming acceptance for a number of weeks now when the decision day is this coming Friday. I guess it's possible that the adcom would reach out super early to a couple people, but that seems extremely rare and somewhat fishy. If those two are out there, please share what that early correspondence entailed.

What makes GMATCLUB's scores and rates different than the entire applicant pool? I pin it mostly to inaccurate profiles and the fact that stats have a tendency to go stale on this forum bc some applicants don't keep them fresh. More interesting to me are the underlying reasons that would point to whether GMATCLUBbers are more or less likely to be admitted than non-clubbers. There is no way to determine this given the data available, but I am sure there are theories. Alas, one can only speculate at this point.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
sudaca2015 wrote:

Would you please explain this excerpt from the admissions FAQ section?
"Are interviews required?
No, but they are strongly recommended. Tuck offers all applicants the opportunity to interview on campus in Hanover. Interviews are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, so request an interview as soon as you decide to apply. If you have not been able to interview by the deadline, the admissions committee may invite you to interview if they feel it is necessary. Because we cannot invite all applicants to interview, if you would like to guarantee an interview, you should schedule an on-campus interview. Tuck does not conduct student-initiated interviews off campus." https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admissions/admissions-faq

It would be bizarre for the admissions office to post such a thing if what you posted was true, no?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sudaca2015 wrote:

Sudaca2015,

I'm sorry you are disappointed with my post. I didn't post sources the first time because I was in a rush and half-assumed that other people besides myself read and understood the application instructions. I was hoping to provide hope and jog some memories. Here are my sources so no one thinks I am spreading misinformation:

MBA Program Application Instructions 2015-2016 https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/uploads/c ... 015-16.pdf
Bottom of page 1: "Tuck does not require an interview; however interviews are strongly encouraged."
Top right of page 3: "Although an interview is not a required part of the application, we strongly recommend that all applicants schedule an on-campus interview."

Tuck FAQ Page https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admissio ... ssions-faq
"Are interviews required? No, but they are strongly recommended..."

Just so people know, you CAN be admitted to Tuck without an interview per Tuck's FAQ section and the 2015-2016 application instructions. If you are still unsure after reading Sudaca's source from a 2014 blog post, I recommend you contact admissions for clarification. I also suggest you keep in mind that Tuck strongly recommends interviews so it is probably rare that student's are admitted without an interview, but still possible.

Klaxon
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  42   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts