Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 17 Jul 2019, 07:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Tuck(Dartmouth) FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Tuck(Dartmouth) FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2018, 12:01

Post your questions for Tuck(Dartmouth) Students/alumni/staff here.

This topic is part of the GMATClub School Ambassador Project. For a similar topic on other schools, check GMATClub School Ambassador Project

Dear Tuck(Dartmouth) Aspirants,

We are starting this topic where applicants can ask their questions. We have contacted a few current students and they agreed to address the queries of applicants. They will also share their learning experiences, new happenings at Tuck(Dartmouth) in this discussion.

No Profile Evaluations Pls; They will be deleted instantly. Stick to application components and school-related questions. We have a dedicated thread for Tuck(Dartmouth) profile evaluations; Pls use it to get feedback on your profile.

Tuck(Dartmouth) students willing to help! :thumbup: :thumbup:

P
Premium Member
Re: Tuck(Dartmouth) FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2018, 13:57
Thank you Airo for taking the time to answer questions.
Dartmouth has a big advantage (disadvantage for some) of being small, rural, and in NH. Are Tuck students involved in many clubs that take advantage of the location (e.g. cross country skiing, rowing)?
Tuck School Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck(Dartmouth) FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 09:19
Hi airo thanks for taking out time to answer.

Does Tuck considers veterans with 12 years of experience?

Regards

Sent from my Redmi 6A using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Tuck '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 10:44
philipssonicare wrote:
Thank you Airo for taking the time to answer questions.
Dartmouth has a big advantage (disadvantage for some) of being small, rural, and in NH. Are Tuck students involved in many clubs that take advantage of the location (e.g. cross country skiing, rowing)?

For sure. There's a very popular ski resort about an hour from Tuck that students will frequent during the weekends, and even during the weekdays after class ends. There are also some resorts near Montreal (2.5 hours from Tuck) that make for a good weekend getaway. All the dorms have ski and hockey equipment closets as well if that indicates anything.

Rowing, on the other hand, isn't very big, but the first-year class is trying to start a rowing club, so who knows.

All in all, I would say that once you have an internship or full-time offer secured, the rural setting offers a great quality of life as compared to living in the city, if you're an outdoorsy person.

PeepalTree wrote:
Does Tuck considers veterans with 12 years of experience?

We do have several vets who each served about 10 years in the military, and also a second-year who spent 13 years in the military. I should clarify that these guys all did their undergrad at one of the US military academies though. I know that there are some international folks who have a military background, but I'm not too sure how many years they served. That being said, Tuck definitely considers applicants who are in their early to mid-30s.
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 11:15
Thanks a bunch for doing this, airo.

Ever since I started my MBA Application process, Tuck has been the school I've wanted to go to the most. I suppose it's got a lot to do with the values and the culture that's valued most at Tuck. I know Tuck is very entrepreneurial (and being an entrepreneur myself, this is a huge plus for me); however, I was wondering whether Tuck is accepting of applicants with goals of early-stage Venture Capital, like me, given that California schools would be a much more logical choice?

[Hanover is close to New York City, which is a Finance/Tech hub in its own right, and I was hoping to join Tuck and subsequently join an early stage VC firm in the NYC area.]
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 10:15
shaarang wrote:
Ever since I started my MBA Application process, Tuck has been the school I've wanted to go to the most. I suppose it's got a lot to do with the values and the culture that's valued most at Tuck. I know Tuck is very entrepreneurial (and being an entrepreneur myself, this is a huge plus for me); however, I was wondering whether Tuck is accepting of applicants with goals of early-stage Venture Capital, like me, given that California schools would be a much more logical choice?

[Hanover is close to New York City, which is a Finance/Tech hub in its own right, and I was hoping to join Tuck and subsequently join an early stage VC firm in the NYC area.]

I agree that the story becomes tricky as Hanover isn't well situated for VC — you'd really have to play on the culture angle instead for it to make sense. You would also need to check off the requirements to make that transition. For example, you'd typically need some pre-MBA experience at a VC, TMT M&A, or venture-backed company to land a VC internship.
Consortium Thread Master
S
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2018, 16:07
Any advice or things you wished you would've known before moving to Hanover?

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 12:55
energy2pe wrote:
Any advice or things you wished you would've known before moving to Hanover?

Hmm, good question. I would say having a car definitely helps and bring a pair of ice skates and/or skis. Definitely do a pre-term trip wherever you end up going to school -- it really helps build a base of people you know in the class before the term starts.

Also, there's an Amtrak line straight to NYC (Vermonter line) and the local regional airport has a flight to Westchester airport, which is outside of NY. Point being, Hanover is close enough that you'll be expected to do some traveling during the recruiting cycle, but you'll travel more than if you went to a different program.
Current Student
G
Status: No matter how bad it is or how bad it gets: I am going to make it.
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Sales (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 17:41
Hi guys!
Maybe this could be helpful in your interview preparation to better understand the life and culture at Tuck. Will appreciate the kudos ;)
https://gmatclub.com/forum/a-day-in-the ... 87968.html
Tuck(Dartmouth) FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2019, 17:41

Tuck(Dartmouth) FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: nokia1200