GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Mar 2019, 05:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

University of Sydney full time MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
University of Sydney full time MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 11:24
Greetings to all users of this uber-helpful forum! I am in a dilemma and would be extremely grateful to get some perspective!

I received the admit from University of Sydney about a month ago and I have been contemplating whether to accept it or not. The pros seem to be that the University has very good rankings globally, and that it's located in Sydney which is the financial capital of Australia; the cons being the fact this is going to be the first full time MBA batch. Having said this, the Master of Management program has been ranked pretty high by FT in the past and the part time MBA program seems renowned too. Also, I have yet to appear for GMAT, got lucky with this one since the requirement is not very stringent for candidates with 3+ years of work ex. Also, they say that they have yet to come out with the scholarship result and therefore I have no funding as of yet. Is is common for b-schools to delay scholarship results by a month? Could someone please advise on how good it is an idea to accept this offer, especially without scholarship!

Thanks in advance! :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: University of Sydney full time MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 13:32
Vanessa26 wrote:
Greetings to all users of this uber-helpful forum! I am in a dilemma and would be extremely grateful to get some perspective!

I received the admit from University of Sydney about a month ago and I have been contemplating whether to accept it or not. The pros seem to be that the University has very good rankings globally, and that it's located in Sydney which is the financial capital of Australia; the cons being the fact this is going to be the first full time MBA batch. Having said this, the Master of Management program has been ranked pretty high by FT in the past and the part time MBA program seems renowned too. Also, I have yet to appear for GMAT, got lucky with this one since the requirement is not very stringent for candidates with 3+ years of work ex. Also, they say that they have yet to come out with the scholarship result and therefore I have no funding as of yet. Is is common for b-schools to delay scholarship results by a month? Could someone please advise on how good it is an idea to accept this offer, especially without scholarship!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi,

Although it is the first batch for MBA, Do you have employment stats for the Master of Management program? Also, How is the work visa after graduation? I heard that it is not easy for international student, if you are. So you need to consider this too.
Intern
Intern
B
University of Sydney full time MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2018, 20:37
Vanessa26 wrote:

Congratulations for Admit at University of Sydney .I think you must consider following points ........
1. In which country are you looking to work and settle down ?
2. Is your short term or long term career goals directly related to that country ?
3. In which industry and in which function you would like to work and what are the opportunities available in that country ?

Will you share me your interview experience and question ?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE: Business Development (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2018, 12:50
So did you join Vanessa26?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 05:28
Hello Vanessa, just wondering whether you accepted this offer and you got scholarship? I recently happened to apply to this school but was invited for interview.
I would like to know your experience. I can only attend the class if I get partial scholarship. And also I wonder if employment opportunities are good after graduation. I am hoping to work in Australia after I graduated. Hope you will reply.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: University of Sydney full time MBA   [#permalink] 19 Feb 2019, 05:28

University of Sydney full time MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap