Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 4
WE:Brand Management (Retail)
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64941 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Veritas prep scoring [#permalink]
Yashkumar wrote:
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
Yashkumar wrote:
Hi,

How accurate is scoring of Veritas prep mock tests? I really like the questions and the explanations provided but I feel my scores are slightly inflated, especially in quant.
My scores are hovering around 51 in quant but the overall efficiency / accuracy fluctuates between 60 and 76%.

I was scoring around 48 in the initial GMAT club quant test which I had given, with almost 65% accuracy.

Kindly suggest whether I can trust the scoring pattern of Veritas prep. Any help would be really appreciated.

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

We designed our practice tests to simulate the official GMAT as closely as possible, both in terms of question quality and how the computer-adaptive algorithm determines your ability level and chooses which questions you see. Our GMAT practice tests draw from a pool of more than 1,400 realistic GMAT questions, each of which is measured on multiple attributes that go far deeper than simply “easy / medium / hard.” Every one of our GMAT questions is validated across thousands of responses from hundreds of students before it is added to a Veritas Prep practice exam. Each item is not just validated once, but is constantly recalibrated based on new data. We also regularly measure our practice tests’ scores against the Official GMAT by collecting student feedback, ensuring that our practice exam scores are very close to those generated by the real test.
If you are scoring 51 in Veritas Prep practice tests, a 50/51 in the actual test is a good estimate. Variation, if any, usually comes from anxiety a test taker faces during the actual test.

Dear Karishma,

Firstly, thanks a lot for such a detailed response. Just to be sure of my performance I had given 2 official mocks in last one week and have scored Q50 in both the exams.

I am still facing some conceptual issues in Probability, permutation and combination and absolute value function. My GMAT is scheduled in next 12 days. Can you recommend what all I should do just before the exam to be better prepared for the final Frontier?

In next 12 days I am planning to solve all the questions present in question pack and solve 4 more official mocks to be better prepared. Kindly share your valuable feedback so that I can utilise the limited time period in the best possible way.

Hi Karishma,

Can you please revert on below query ?

Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64941 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yashkumar wrote:
Hi Karishma,

Can you please revert on below query ?

Good to know about your brilliant practice test scores. Hopefully, you will see similar scores in the actual test too.

Even if you are not very clear with advanced concepts of a couple of topics, it shouldn't affect your score much. I would suggest you to be comfortable with at least the basics of both so that you don't mess up any 600-700 level questions on them, but no point investing too much time on them now with about 10 days to go.

You can take a couple of practice tests to fine tune your preparation but do not take any in the last 3 days.

Best Wishes!
GMAT Club Bot