Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51446 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Re: What to do now if you have not yet heard from Ross? [#permalink]
TheyCallMeTim wrote:
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
If you are in the uneasy position of having applied R1 and not heard yet if you will be invited to interview, the assumption that I have after asking Ross Adcom is that you should most likely expect to hear a decision in December which would be a waitlist or Deny. If you want to stay top of mind and hopefully increase the chance you will be in the WL and not Deny pile, reach out to Ross Adcom and just let them know BRIEFLY 3 things- and I can't emphasize enough the brief part!-

1) that you are very interested in Ross (if indeed you are!)
2) update on any test scores or new dates that you plan to retake GMAT or GRE
3) what you have been doing at work or outside of work that is NEW since your application

There's really nothing more you can do! But by having this in your file at least- you can be top of mind and also let adcom know that you indeed are still very interested in the school (only say this if it is true- and if you are on the fence then I would just say don't do anything at this point and just see how it plays out). But if you really are interested in Ross by all means let them know! I hope this helps some of those that are wondering what to do next. And if you are looking to expand your R2 strategy... and if you are teetering on the WL or Deny pile then I would say you should expand your options now.... please reach out to us for a free consult to get ideas on your profile and where to look next and also see how we can help you in applications going forward. The link for that is here: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

I think this is solid advice, but I would add one more thing - reach out to Student Ambassadors. There are ways to communicate your interest and fit outside of the formal admissions process, including ways to include complimentary data in your prospective student file (stomp stomp). This will probably not change the round 1 decision, but when it comes time to reevaluate your application, well...

I reached out to some of the current students at Ross and learned that Student Ambassadors don't have a direct say in a candidate's application. Hence not sure whether reaching out to the Student Ambassador will be effective, but yeah it won't hurt - so worth trying.
And I also want to add that Ross is conducting events in India in Nov - New Delhi and Mumbai. I suggest attending them to learn more about Ross and also to convey your interest.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Abhishank wrote:
TheyCallMeTim wrote:
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
If you are in the uneasy position of having applied R1 and not heard yet if you will be invited to interview, the assumption that I have after asking Ross Adcom is that you should most likely expect to hear a decision in December which would be a waitlist or Deny. If you want to stay top of mind and hopefully increase the chance you will be in the WL and not Deny pile, reach out to Ross Adcom and just let them know BRIEFLY 3 things- and I can't emphasize enough the brief part!-

1) that you are very interested in Ross (if indeed you are!)
2) update on any test scores or new dates that you plan to retake GMAT or GRE
3) what you have been doing at work or outside of work that is NEW since your application

There's really nothing more you can do! But by having this in your file at least- you can be top of mind and also let adcom know that you indeed are still very interested in the school (only say this if it is true- and if you are on the fence then I would just say don't do anything at this point and just see how it plays out). But if you really are interested in Ross by all means let them know! I hope this helps some of those that are wondering what to do next. And if you are looking to expand your R2 strategy... and if you are teetering on the WL or Deny pile then I would say you should expand your options now.... please reach out to us for a free consult to get ideas on your profile and where to look next and also see how we can help you in applications going forward. The link for that is here: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

I think this is solid advice, but I would add one more thing - reach out to Student Ambassadors. There are ways to communicate your interest and fit outside of the formal admissions process, including ways to include complimentary data in your prospective student file (stomp stomp). This will probably not change the round 1 decision, but when it comes time to reevaluate your application, well...

I reached out to some of the current students at Ross and learned that Student Ambassadors don't have a direct say in a candidate's application. Hence not sure whether reaching out to the Student Ambassador will be effective, but yeah it won't hurt - so worth trying.
And I also want to add that Ross is conducting events in India in Nov - New Delhi and Mumbai. I suggest attending them to learn more about Ross and also to convey your interest.

This is an example where you have to read the nuance of a post. The person you spoke to is correct. We don't have a "direct say in a candidate's application," and that was never said nor implied. There is, however, a prospective student information report that all ambassadors can fill out on any applicant, for any type of interaction. These reports speak to the candidate's ability to fit into the Michigan culture. True, this is only one consideration, but in terms of the overall picture/weighting, it is arguably the biggest part of the application.

BUT, while my first post foot stomped this point, there is a much larger point. Getting to know students will help you understand what is important to the school and what it is looking for. I mean, honestly, what better source of input to an application could there possibly be than from a person who actually got in? Whether it helps at Ross in this year, next year, or at another school, you have to admit this is reasonable advice.

Back to the feedback form - and I should not have to be so explicit here - it may or may not help you get in. Your application may or not be reconsidered later. You will find out when you get your actual decision if it is a hard "no" or a wait list. What I am suggesting is that there could be ways to put more information in front of the admissions staff, IF it is reconsidered (wait listed). Here's another larger point - you should always assume that your interactions with a school, its staff, and its students is being evaluated, and think of it as an opportunity to improve your brand in the eyes of that institution.

Finally, I do NOT suggest ever asking a student if they can help you with an admissions decision. If you make a good impression, and they have the ability to help you, they will. That's the case at Ross, at least, because that is our culture.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Thank you for articulating so clearly...
And I agree, one of the best ways one can learn about the school and vice versa is through current students. And I have been making every effort to do that .....

Guys - once again Ross will be in New Delhi once and Mumbai twice, attend :D

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
Abhishank wrote:
Thank you for articulating so clearly...
And I agree, one of the best ways one can learn about the school and vice versa is through current students. And I have been making every effort to do that .....

Guys - once again Ross will be in New Delhi once and Mumbai twice, attend :D

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Although I have lost all hopes now, I registered for an event on 14th Nov in New Delhi. :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Ross Michigan Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Ross Michigan Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Ross Michigan Forum for all fresh things related to the Ross Michigan MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts