GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2019, 19:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2019, 13:01
Top Contributor
Hi Leah,

Long time no chat--I hope your summer went well, and that you are still responding to queries here. I noticed that the official GMAT online tests were updated to include the old "hide answer/show answer/your answer" functionality from the GMATPrep software, instead of showing your answer and the correct answer right away, which is great and has helped my students immensely--thank you for your help with that issue.

My question today is about GMAT percentiles. Normally in early July of each year, GMAC releases a new set of percentiles. I have been checking in weekly to see whether they are updated, but we are nearing the end of August and still, no updates.

So my question is: is GMAC going to be updating its score percentile page soon?

Thanks!

-Brian

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V.

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y7knw7bt Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Contact: mcelroy@post.harvard.edu (I do not respond to PMs on GMAT Club) or find me on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/GMATpreparation
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Status: PhD-trained. Education, Research, Teaching, Training, Consulting and Advisory Services
CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 19:16
Terabyte wrote:
Dear OfficialGMAT

Passed GMAT yesterday. I completely disagree with one of the Quant questions. It involved reasoning from an American-style number division like this:

But neither in your study materials nor in your GMATPrep I did not find it. Most people who studied math using Russian books don't know how to do this. We are doing this way:

Why was this question of your Quant section not adaptive? It puts into a disadvantage test-takers who studied different notation of a number division. And, as I believe, this question was marked as "Easy", it significantly hurt my score

Does anyone know whether what this post has provided is a legitimate concern while taking the official test?

The post states that this testtaker was unfairly disadvantaged because they had to deal with an "America style" division method and that the Russian method the testtaker was used to proved to be problematic.

It is understood that the official test follows US-style spelling and other conventions. Therefore, testtakers should be familiar with these styles.

However, this is the first time I read that an actual question on the quantitative section was problematic due to different conventions. Very interesting and would be helpful to know thoughts.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 19:25
GMAC have tried making the test more user-friendly and using familiar units such as km instead of miles in Europe and Euro instead of $ or comma instead of a period in quant and some things in verbal. However there will likely remain many more subtle western and American aspects that GMAC is probably not even aware of....

Posted from my mobile device

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...

Discover Your Admit Options with Decision Tracker Filters!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here   [#permalink] 07 Oct 2019, 19:25

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   [ 543 posts ] 

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep