It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 16:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admission - Indian School of Business

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

CAT Tests
Admission - Indian School of Business [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2017, 21:32
Hello,
I am targeting GMAT this year and would like to know if I stand a chance for ISB 2018.
10th : 91.2
12th : 79.8
B.Tech : 7.23/10
Work experience: 17 months
Thanks for the help!

-Ishita

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Admission - Indian School of Business [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2017, 22:01
Hi Ishita,
It's really difficult to evaluate your chances based on the info you've provided. It'll be more helpful if you could share more details about your profile including your work profile, extracurricular, work/non-work achievements, pedigree, leadership experiences, post-MBA goals etc.

On the GMAT front, aim for as much as you can. You have good enough time to prepare for GMAT. I would say aim for 720+ as min. This would also balance off your less than stellar acads.

Ishita23 wrote:
Hello,
I am targeting GMAT this year and would like to know if I stand a chance for ISB 2018.
Thanks for the help!

-Ishita

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 7

Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Concentration: Operations, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2017, 06:50
Ishita23 wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for the help!

-Ishita

I would recommend you to target 740+, given your extra curricular is not so unique.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 124

Schools: ISB '18
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2017, 19:35
Hi, 

I am an ISB aspirant Could you please evaluate my profile and suggest me on the areas on which I will have to work on, in order to enhance my profile. 

Indian/Male/26 years 

Academic Details: 
X - 82% 
XII - 93% 
Grad - 81% (B.Tech- Civil Engg) 
Pursuing PG in Project Management from NICMAR (Distance learning) 

Work Experience - 4.5 years 
I am currently working as a Project Engineer for Knight-India. It's a UK based Project Management Consulting firm. I have been a sole Project planner for a 4 million sft Commercial development with a Project Cost Rs 800 crores. My key responsibilities involve project scheduling and tracking, Resource Planning, MIS (Management Information System). 

Prior to joining Knight Frank, I was associated with Sobha Ltd and Aparna Constructions, where I've handled the similar function for the Residential developments of size 5 lakh sft and 2 million sft respectively. 

Accomplishments: 
-Certification of Appreciation for achieving First rank in academics during Graduation. 
-Achieved 15th rank at the University level among all the Colleges affiliated to JNTUH. 
-Presented technical Papers at various reputed Universities like IIT Madras and Osmania University. 
-I was a representative for the Civil Engineering department to conduct various technical events at college under ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education) 
- Won a couple of medals for presenting technical papers and projects during Graduation. 

I am planning to take GMAT this June. 

The biggest concern I have is the lack of Extra Curriculars. Could you please evaluate my profile and suggest me about how to enhance my profile to get into ISB. 

I've heard that ISB prefers candidates from diverse backgrounds. As I am from a non-IT background, Do I have any advantage as such??

Im thinking of resigning my job and focussing on GMAT, as im struck at a 600 -650 level and its becoming very diffiicult to focus on GMAT preparation with my current work hours (Its a 6 day work week and i'm working almost 11 to 12 hours a day) .I'm aware that the break from job would have some negative implication on the admission process, but is there any way to offset this ??

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 124

Re: Admission - Indian School of Business   [#permalink] 27 Apr 2017, 19:35

Admission - Indian School of Business

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap