Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [1]
Given Kudos: 504
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.25
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Best BSchools to apply in apart from US ? [#permalink]
Well the dream is to obviously work in the US but due to uncertainities involved I'm looking for other options as well. Can you please suggest me colleges in these countries which you are talking about ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
The language becomes a serious barrier when you go outside of US, Canada, Australia, and the UK. Canada has the most relaxed post MBA visa rules of the bunch, with graduates getting a 3 yr work permit (and I believe just on 2 yr programs). Schools like IESE, IE, ESADE, CEIBS, HKUST, NUS, RSM, HEC, SDA etc. are great, but if you don't speak the local language it is very likely employers will take someone who does + fluent English, over you, unless you command a very unique/in demand skillset.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Degroote at McMaster is a good one in Canada and being in North America might (slim chance) help with working in the U.S. Or maybe you'll discover that you'd rather stay in Canada. I lived there for four years and it's better than the U.S. in some ways.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 1
Send PM
Outside of EU/US options are much more limited. IIM's, NUS, and INSEAD singapore pop into mind.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
INSEAD and LBS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Morgan15 wrote:
INSEAD and LBS

These are always solid choices. I would add IMD, Oxford, and Cambridge to the list as well. For schools in Canada, Schulich School of Business has a really great reputation, so they might be worth checking out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.49
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hello,

I took my GMAT today, and scored 740 (Q49, V41).
I have completed my masters in engineering, and my UG GPA is 8.42/10, and PG GPA is 9.37/10.
I have 18 months of work experience in engineering design (construction), however, I wish to change my industry, and by the time I enter b-school, I would have approx. 3 years of experience. (Age 25)

I wish to work/settle in Europe (particularly Germany - No solid German language skills yet, but working on that), thus, I was aiming for following programs:

1. FSFM (MBA) : Primarily because of location
2. WHU (MBA) : Because required work experience is only 2 years, 3 years may give me little room, + Popularity
3. Manheim (MBA) : Top in Germany (also long shot, given the irrelevant and bare minimum work experience)

However, through multiple blog posts and experiences, I have come to an understanding that the firms in Germany are unwilling to hire the students without relevant job experience, and without fluency in German language. But these blog posts are much older, and newer posts are difficult to find.

Considering the job market as present, (and future, since I will be starting in 2019), how difficult is it to secure the job in Germany post MBA, for international student with no management experience and limited fluency in German language?

Is it better for me to aim for MiM in HEC Paris or LBS, who admit students with no experience or relatively low experience (given that I do not have any management related experience, I will mostly be considered as fresher candidate), with the possibility of getting a job in general management or operation management in tech. industry? (Basically, I will try to keep myself away from IB and Consulting)
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
ksanchay92 wrote:
Hello,

I took my GMAT today, and scored 740 (Q49, V41).
I have completed my masters in engineering, and my UG GPA is 8.42/10, and PG GPA is 9.37/10.
I have 18 months of work experience in engineering design (construction), however, I wish to change my industry, and by the time I enter b-school, I would have approx. 3 years of experience. (Age 25)

I wish to work/settle in Europe (particularly Germany - No solid German language skills yet, but working on that), thus, I was aiming for following programs:

1. FSFM (MBA) : Primarily because of location
2. WHU (MBA) : Because required work experience is only 2 years, 3 years may give me little room, + Popularity
3. Manheim (MBA) : Top in Germany (also long shot, given the irrelevant and bare minimum work experience)

However, through multiple blog posts and experiences, I have come to an understanding that the firms in Germany are unwilling to hire the students without relevant job experience, and without fluency in German language. But these blog posts are much older, and newer posts are difficult to find.

Considering the job market as present, (and future, since I will be starting in 2019), how difficult is it to secure the job in Germany post MBA, for international student with no management experience and limited fluency in German language?

Is it better for me to aim for MiM in HEC Paris or LBS, who admit students with no experience or relatively low experience (given that I do not have any management related experience, I will mostly be considered as fresher candidate), with the possibility of getting a job in general management or operation management in tech. industry? (Basically, I will try to keep myself away from IB and Consulting)

My advice to you is to post your situation above in a separate post to get more advice.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts