GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 19 Feb 2020, 20:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Business school current students and alums - where are you?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Business school current students and alums - where are you?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 10:04
R1 decisions and Holiday season are upon us and we are feeling a bit nostalgic - how about a GMAT Club Runion? Where are you guys? What are you doing? How has life and business school been to you?
Please share your journeys, thoughts, impressions, etc - I would love to hear from you! I am using the format below but feel free to use your own!

School- Michigan Ross
Class of- 2020
Post MBA job- Product Manager (Technical) at Apple or Amazon - I am SO confused. Help me decide, you seasoned alums!
Current job- Still in school :(
What do you wish you would have done differently in business school?- Focus less on my finals and more on networking with tech startups. No seriously, I hope this act as a friendly reminder - GRADES DO NOT MATTER. As long as you are respectful and nice to your groupmates, please focus the rest of your time on recruiting and networking!
What's next for you?- Dominating the Indian food industry by creating my own gourmet Indian food trek - CEO at Butter Chicken Factory (Food Truck) continues to be my dream job!
(Optional)Please send us a picture from your MBA times that is close to your heart:

This is not a picture of Ross and Michigan but the first time I spent a week in Seattle and decided this is where I want to be!

Attachment:
IMG_0931.jpeg
IMG_0931.jpeg [ 1.06 MiB | Viewed 1228 times ]

Status: Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Business school current students and alums - where are you?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 10:13
Hi guys,

Hope ya'll well. It's been a minute, thanks for posting Souvik

School- Michigan Ross
Class of- 2014
Post MBA job- Worked at Apple as a Supplier Manager for 4 years, worked at the central bank in the US for 15 months as a program manager working on automation/process enhancement, now back in tech as a program manager in a software company
Current job- Support Program Manager (non technical) at Pivotal. Getting bought by VMWare.
What do you wish you would have done differently in business school?- Focused on grades a little less, networked a little more, done the MBA trek in year 1 (I did the trek in year two). I went to school with no sponsorship and a family (wife didn't work), so my ability to do things was generally limited.
What's next for you?- Figure out a side gig
(Optional)Please send us a picture from your MBA times that is close to your heart: This is a post MBA picture in the bay (I'm one of the people in this picture). Really enjoy hiking, so the bay is a great place to live since you can pretty much hike year round.

Attachment:
IMG_6632.JPG
IMG_6632.JPG [ 297.44 KiB | Viewed 971 times ]

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings
CEO
CEO
G
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2019, 17:26
School- Kellogg
Class of- 2018
Post MBA job- Was at Amazon in operations, didnt feel challenged enough so switched after 4 months post graduation.

Current job- Management consulting (Tier 1 consulting firm)

What do you wish you would have done differently in business school?- Take more well rounded courses, specially the ones focusing on presentation/delivering messages, how do you sell and what it takes to be a great leader

What's next for you?- Stay in consulting for the next 1-3y while looking at potential exit to PE firms down the line.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
GMAT 1: 530 Q47 V17
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
WE: Business Development (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2019, 20:06
Top Contributor
School- USC Marshall Class of 2018

Post MBA job- Management Consultant M&A at Deloitte. Currently in the Bay Area

What do you wish you would have done differently in business school? - I am pretty happy with my overall B-school experience.

What's next for you? - short term, Im planning to switch into Corp Dev/ Corp Strategy roles. Long term, find good exit opportunities to Mid - High level Corp roles in India
Current Student
B
Schools: Booth '19
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V50
Business school current students and alums - where are you?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2019, 20:56
School- Chicago Booth
Class of 2019
Post MBA job- Biz Ops & Strategy at leading fintech firm

What do you wish you would have done differently in business school? Taken more entrepreneurship classes, gotten to know more classmates at a deeper level and nothing more. B-school was amazing :)

What's next for you?- Looking to make an impact everyday at what I do - whether it is my job or the startup that I am doing!
MyMBACircle is the leading network of students and alumni of the top b-schools that helps MBA applicants get into their dream school
VP
VP
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2019, 20:38
Hey Everyone! been steadily-wild since I left the business school :)

Fuqua, class of 2016
Post MBA job - Management consulting
Spent 2 years in the US and now I'm back to Asia

What do you wish you would have done differently in business school?
- I wish I would have traveled more. I did plenty, but perhaps could have done even more :)
Also, take more finance-oriented and personal development related courses. Those are the ones that stuck with me the most and I often reference them even now.

What's next for you? - Stay in consulting for the foreseeable future. Although taxing, I like the job - working on different projects with different sets of people.

Cheers!
Director
Director
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2020, 07:26
Top Contributor
Hi Everyone, How you all doing?

Tepper Class of 2017
Post MBA job - Product Manager, ServiceLink (Fully owned subsidiary of Fidelity National Finance)
I build products that enables Lenders and Consumer to fully digitize property mortgage experience.
Helps to connect to future class of Tepper when I hire from Tepper School for my team.

If not MBA, then stay in Tech and become a Technical Product Manager

Future Plans -> Stay in FinTech. Lots of opportunities in FinTech. I am into Mortgage Space and lots of potential for growth and digital transformation. Highly regulated space.
Current Student
B
Schools: Booth '19
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V50

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2020, 10:01
MBA from Chicago Booth in the fintech space - worked at Credit Karma and now ar Venmo - 2 of the largest fintech apps in the US. Really good opportunities post MBA in the space. Happy to chat more on recruitment and cracking the interviews :)

Posted from my mobile device
MyMBACircle is the leading network of students and alumni of the top b-schools that helps MBA applicants get into their dream school
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2020, 11:52
School- XLRI, India

Class of-

Post MBA job- EA to CFO in IT firm.

Current job- Bid Management in same IT firm.

What do you wish you would have done differently in business school?-
Should have utilized school resources such as books in library, journals, Bloomberg terminals etc more. Should have been focused in academics as I realized that you can apply concepts learned in classroom to real world more frequently than you think.

What's next for you?-
Still figuring out

I owe a lot to gmatclub for my MBA journey and post MBA also :-D . It has shaped my thinking. Literally, had a goosebumps while logging into gmatclub after 2.5 years or so. Thank you :thumbup: !
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Business school current students and alums - where are you?   [#permalink] 16 Jan 2020, 11:52

Business school current students and alums - where are you?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Hatakekakashi