Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 296
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD September 2020 Intake ! [#permalink]
I am planning to apply to R1 of Jan 2021 intake. While matriculating, I would have completed 12.5 years in the work force. Does it make sense to apply to the full time MBA in spite of the note by the school that candidates over 10 years of work-ex must consider the executive MBA?

Note: I am an Indian IT Male ( :cry: :cry: :cry: ) currently working as a product cum project manager.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
As R2 applicants take over this discussion, we have separate threads for R1 admitted and waitlisted applicants. Look forward to applicants joining their respective threads.

Admitted Candidates https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 12744.html
Waitlisted Candidates https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 12746.html
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
@mariaanthony
Sorry,I do find they stick with the 10 years rule.If you want a one year full time, look at Sloan Fellows for MIT, MSx or LBS. Maybe IMD, IESE or HEC as well for Europe. Is a global EMBA not going to work for you? INSEAD wants the network to be helpful, if you are significantly older that might be in jeopardy.
Cheers
Farrell

MariaAntony wrote:
I am planning to apply to R1 of Jan 2021 intake. While matriculating, I would have completed 12.5 years in the work force. Does it make sense to apply to the full time MBA in spite of the note by the school that candidates over 10 years of work-ex must consider the executive MBA?

Note: I am an Indian IT Male ( :cry: :cry: :cry: ) currently working as a product cum project manager.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Given Kudos: 178
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.94
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
INSEAD provides 40 words to explain "any time gaps (2 months or more) since leaving high school that are unaccounted for in your application".

I had two 3-months breaks since high school. One right after high school since university starts in fall. The other instance after an internship - I traveled for month and used the other two months for researching/doing interviews.

I used the given space to explain the second instance. Perhaps, silly question but do I really need to explain 3 months break after high-school? Thank you in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Kudos
Xin Cho wrote:
INSEAD provides 40 words to explain "any time gaps (2 months or more) since leaving high school that are unaccounted for in your application".

I had two 3-months breaks since high school. One right after high school since university starts in fall. The other instance after an internship - I traveled for month and used the other two months for researching/doing interviews.

I used the given space to explain the second instance. Perhaps, silly question but do I really need to explain 3 months break after high-school? Thank you in advance.

I don't think you need to explain to explain it. I even never put my high school into resume (it was long ago and in a completely unknown school)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Shests thank you for the reply. Appreciate it!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
I have 2 questions:

1) How much weighing do alumni interviews carry? I read that interviews are mainly to reject rather than accept candidates but what happens if the interviewers completely differ in opinion? Would their contradiction make the interview stage almost "irrelevant"?

2) Can someone share the total MBAConnect count admitted and the count for Spanish and French nationals please?

Thanks so much!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Hi Fellow Insead hopefuls,
How is your application going for the R3? This forum seems very quiet considering the deadline is tomorrow.

I want to understand if we can put the duration of any significant interactions with international colleagues in the International Exposure section? Or is it just when you were physically in a different country?
Although I have some international experience, I also spend a significant amount of time working with my colleagues in other countries. So I was wondering if I can mention this as well.

Thanks for your response in advance!
Admissionado
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
visat wrote:
Hi Fellow Insead hopefuls,
How is your application going for the R3? This forum seems very quiet considering the deadline is tomorrow.

I want to understand if we can put the duration of any significant interactions with international colleagues in the International Exposure section? Or is it just when you were physically in a different country?
Although I have some international experience, I also spend a significant amount of time working with my colleagues in other countries. So I was wondering if I can mention this as well.

Thanks for your response in advance!

In general, you’ll want to emphasize working directly with colleges in another country (e.g., travels to China or France to lead projects in these countries) over working on a team with international members with whom you don’t interact physically as this generally denotes higher-stakes work. However, the reality may be that you don’t/haven’t travel internationally, and if that’s the case you should work with what you have. It’s certainly better to list international work experience regarding virtual international exposure with international team members/clients/suppliers rather than *leaving the international work experience section blank.* (That might sink you for INSEAD as it is THE global business school). You can certainly make that case that “significant [virtual] interaction with international colleagues” counts as international experience if you position it the right way.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any general consensus on what video questions might appear? Is there one question that will be always same?
Admissionado
Send PM