GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 06:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Invited to Interview
06 Feb, 2018
MrHegdeS GMAT: 740, Q50, V39; GPA: 4; WE: 49 months; India; via Email
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2016
Posts: 55
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 20:40
MrHegdeS wrote:
Invited to Interview on: 2018/02/06
GMAT: 740, Q50, V39
GPA: 4
WE: 49 months
Location: India
Heard back via: Email

MrHegdeS

Hi,
Congrats on your interview invite.
Can you let us know when you submitted your application and by when did you receive an interview invite?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2017
Posts: 48
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 21:42
leshwarnag,
Thank you, I applied on Feb 1st and received the interview invite on Feb 6th
Invited to Interview
06 Feb, 2018
stargal GMAT: 720, Q49, V37; GRE: 328, Q167, V161; GPA: 3.5; WE: 40 months; United States; via Email
Invited to Interview
07 Feb, 2018
helloksin GMAT: 680, Q46, V38; GPA: 3.77; WE: 53 months; India; via Email
Invited to Interview
06 Feb, 2018
Private, GMAT: 620, Q39, V37; GRE: 340, Q170, V170; GPA: 3.02; WE: 68 months; United States; via Email
Invited to Interview
07 Feb, 2018
aneess GMAT: 730, Q50, V38; GPA: 3; WE: 58 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Sep 2017
Posts: 33
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 2.79
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 09:18
I got an invite on the 7th of Feb
Invited to Interview
07 Feb, 2018
Private, GMAT: 670, Q44, V38; WE: 76 months; Pakistan; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 May 2017
Posts: 29
Location: United States
GPA: 3.98
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2018, 12:52
Is there a whatsapp group for admitted students?
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jun 2016
Posts: 515
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2018, 22:15
Macintosh1402 wrote:
Is there a whatsapp group for admitted students?


Yes there is one ...go to admit student thread and you will find a link there to join the group.
_________________

Compilation of Blogs by Mike Mcgarry - Magoosh

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jun 2016
Posts: 36
Location: India
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.77
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 07:06
Hey Guys!
My interview is in a couple of days.

Would love to hear experiences of those who already interviewed (very little info here).. especially, on the extempore piece. Can we really talk about ANY topic? Like any? What topics would be suitable to talk about?

Thanks in advance for the tips and ideas!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Feb 2018
Posts: 20
Location: Korea, Republic of
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.39
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 10:39
helloksin wrote:
Hey Guys!
My interview is in a couple of days.

Would love to hear experiences of those who already interviewed (very little info here).. especially, on the extempore piece. Can we really talk about ANY topic? Like any? What topics would be suitable to talk about?

Thanks in advance for the tips and ideas!



Hi. I am a R3 applicant(international) and received the II on Feb.8th.
I haven't selected the interview date yet because I was thinking of which option to take: skype or campus visit.
whether skype or campus visit will not affect the admissions result, right? I believe it won't but quite concerned.
Anyway I hope everything goes well with your interview.
**Sorry, I also don't have any idea with Carlson's interview experience at this moment.
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 301
Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 11:57
1
Top Contributor
Hi lego2020,

Congratulations on being invited to interview. You will not be at an additional advantage or disadvantage by attending the interview either on campus or Skype. However if you are more comfortable in doing your interview in person and/or if you would like to visit the campus, participate in a class and interact with current students, you should try to visit campus.

Let us know what you choose to do, and all the very best!

lego2020 wrote:
Hi. I am a R3 applicant(international) and received the II on Feb.8th.
I haven't selected the interview date yet because I was thinking of which option to take: skype or campus visit.
whether skype or campus visit will not affect the admissions result, right? I believe it won't but quite concerned.
Anyway I hope everything goes well with your interview.
**Sorry, I also don't have any idea with Carlson's interview experience at this moment.

_________________

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2016
Posts: 55
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 23:11
Hi Guys,
I have a doubt.
I submitted my application on Jan 31st, 2018.
How many days must we wait before we get an interview invite?
If we were in contact with any of the Adcoms previously do they still take an interview?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Feb 2018
Posts: 20
Location: Korea, Republic of
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.39
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 00:35
AdmitJA wrote:
Hi lego2020,

Congratulations on being invited to interview. You will not be at an additional advantage or disadvantage by attending the interview either on campus or Skype. However if you are more comfortable in doing your interview in person and/or if you would like to visit the campus, participate in a class and interact with current students, you should try to visit campus.

Let us know what you choose to do, and all the very best!

lego2020 wrote:
Hi. I am a R3 applicant(international) and received the II on Feb.8th.
I haven't selected the interview date yet because I was thinking of which option to take: skype or campus visit.
whether skype or campus visit will not affect the admissions result, right? I believe it won't but quite concerned.
Anyway I hope everything goes well with your interview.
**Sorry, I also don't have any idea with Carlson's interview experience at this moment.



AdmitJA Hi. Thank you for clarifying the point I really wanted to know.
To give you some notes, I decided to take the skype interview and would plan class visits at a later date after concluding some of my personal affairs. lol.
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 301
Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 09:47
Top Contributor
lego2020 wrote:
Hi. Thank you for clarifying the point I really wanted to know.
To give you some notes, I decided to take the skype interview and would plan class visits at a later date after concluding some of my personal affairs. lol.


Awesome! In that case I will recommend you to try to come to Carlson on Up Close, the weekend event for admitted students on April 5th and 6th. Here is the link: https://carlsonschool.umn.edu/degrees/m ... a-up-close
_________________

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 301
Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 09:56
Top Contributor
leshwarnag wrote:
Hi Guys,
I have a doubt.
I submitted my application on Jan 31st, 2018.
How many days must we wait before we get an interview invite?
If we were in contact with any of the Adcoms previously do they still take an interview?

Thanks


Hi leshwarnag,

It is hard to pin point a date. I guess you should hear from the school by next week. Fingers crossed for you. All the best!
_________________

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2016
Posts: 55
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 21:27
AdmitJA wrote:
leshwarnag wrote:
Hi Guys,
I have a doubt.
I submitted my application on Jan 31st, 2018.
How many days must we wait before we get an interview invite?
If we were in contact with any of the Adcoms previously do they still take an interview?

Thanks


Hi leshwarnag,

It is hard to pin point a date. I guess you should hear from the school by next week. Fingers crossed for you. All the best!

Hope so. Thanks anway :) :roll:
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Schools: Carlson '20
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 10:10
Is anyone attending the virtual panel tomorrow?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 22 Feb 2018, 10:10

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 182 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.