GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 21:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 12:17
Just got the invite! I'm a J-Term applicant though, applied around 3 a.m. on October 6 (night of the 5th), and my second recommendation was submitted on the 7th mid-day. There's still hope, good luck to those who haven't heard yet!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 20:10
MrMoses wrote:
Any timeline for dings? 3 weeks is for interviews, but how long is it for outright ding?

I'm a re-applicant, last year the ding was sent right on the 3 weeks mark.
Current Student
B
Schools: Wharton '19 (A)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 05:58
Any reapplicants here who submitted in the first week of october and heard back?
Current Student
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
WE: General Management (Advertising and PR)

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 06:56
I got my acceptance call last Friday, and have still not had any update to my application page or further information. I emailed on Monday asking if there was anything else they needed from me, and how to send in my deposit, and have yet to get a response. Should I follow up again? Has anyone else had a big delay between getting accepted and getting the information and status update? I just want to make sure nothing slips through the cracks, as all I currently have telling me I was accepted is a phone call, no physical evidence.
Current Student
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 06:58
kconnelly9 wrote:
I got my acceptance call last Friday, and have still not had any update to my application page or further information. I emailed on Monday asking if there was anything else they needed from me, and how to send in my deposit, and have yet to get a response. Should I follow up again? Has anyone else had a big delay between getting accepted and getting the information and status update? I just want to make sure nothing slips through the cracks, as all I currently have telling me I was accepted is a phone call, no physical evidence.

I dont think this is the right forum for post admit questions. Post your question at calling-all-admitted-cbs-folks-class-of-205688.html , this is the forum for all CBS admitted folks. You will be able to get proper feedback there.
Intern
Intern
WE: Other (Retail Banking)

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 07:16
Hello,

Is there anyone who submitted the application on October 6th or October 7th and heard back? I mean both, positive and negative responses. If you got invite for interview, did you get email notification or you checked application and your status has changed there from "submitted" to something like "interview invite"? I was wondering if anyone from "late" submissions got any feedback.

Thanks a lot guys. and best of luck to you. :wink:
Intern
Intern
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 07:22
nintso wrote:
Hello,

Is there anyone who submitted the application on October 6th or October 7th and heard back? I mean both, positive and negative responses. If you got invite for interview, did you get email notification or you checked application and your status has changed there from "submitted" to something like "interview invite"? I was wondering if anyone from "late" submissions got any feedback.

I submitted the 6th but wasn't considered complete till the 8th. Still no feedback, but hoping for some today (3 weeks). Wouldn't be shocked if they are trending above 21 days at this point.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.64
WE: Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 07:56
happyfeet212 wrote:
nintso wrote:
Hello,

I submitted the 6th but wasn't considered complete till the 8th. Still no feedback, but hoping for some today (3 weeks). Wouldn't be shocked if they are trending above 21 days at this point.

In last years forum, the first instance I could find of an RD applicant getting an interview invite was December 4th. Maybe they take a break after ED?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 07:59
happyfeet212 what do you mean when you say the application was not considered "complete" by October 8th? When you check your "application status page", there you see that you submitted application on October 6th, but application complete date is October 8th? I submitted on October 6th and application complete date is October 6th as well. However, when I go over the application checklist, I see that my transcripts have been received on October 13th (even though I uploaded them earlier, on October 6th). I was wondering which date should I consider as application complete date, to know whether I should wait for interview invite or not. Seems like whoever got invitation, they got email withing 21-22 days after application submission. So, I am guessing I should stop checking my email :|
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 08:01
eriginal wrote:
happyfeet212 wrote:
nintso wrote:
Hello,

In last years forum, the first instance I could find of an RD applicant getting an interview invite was December 4th. Maybe they take a break after ED?

maybe.. but the deadline for Early Decision was October 7th. So Im guessing whoever submitted before October 7 should be considered for ED right?
Current Student
S
Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 08:02
nintso wrote:
happyfeet212 what do you mean when you say the application was not considered "complete" by October 8th? When you check your "application status page", there you see that you submitted application on October 6th, but application complete date is October 8th? I submitted on October 6th and application complete date is October 6th as well. However, when I go over the application checklist, I see that my transcripts have been received on October 13th (even though I uploaded them earlier, on October 6th). I was wondering which date should I consider as application complete date, to know whether I should wait for interview invite or not. Seems like whoever got invitation, they got email withing 21-22 days after application submission. So, I am guessing I should stop checking my email :|

Your application is submitted yes but is "complete" only when all the things in the checklist are marked received. Only then the adcoms will start reviewing your application.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 08:07
Engr2012 wrote:
nintso wrote:

Your application is submitted yes but is completely only when all the things in the checklist are marked received. Only then the adcoms will start reviewing your application.

Great! that means there's still hope :wink:
Intern
Intern
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 08:10
Engr2012 wrote:
nintso wrote:

Your application is submitted yes but is completely only when all the things in the checklist are marked received. Only then the adcoms will start reviewing your application.

I believe this is correct. I called adcom and they said so long as you submitted by the 7th, you will be considered for ED even if completion date is after the 7th.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 09:29
happyfeet212 wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
nintso wrote:

I believe this is correct. I called adcom and they said so long as you submitted by the 7th, you will be considered for ED even if completion date is after the 7th.

I submitted 7th early morning. day 22 and still nothing. Based on some of the responses, seems like in week 4 its either interview or ding... so all EDs should hear back soon.. hopefully with good news.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 09:59
Finally got my call at 9:30 EST today, feeling so happy now. Good luck guys!

Application Submitted: 09/15/2015;
Received Interview Invitation: 10/7/2015;
Interviewed: 10/16/2015;
Feedback Submitted: 10/24/2015;
Acceptance Call: 10/29/2015 (it looks like the calls tend to be happening in Thur/Fri)
Current Student
S

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 10:01
Aragornyanfei wrote:

Acceptance Call: 10/29/2015 (it looks like the calls tend to be happening in Thur/Fri)

Congratulations. Do you mind sharing your profile here and also at calling-all-admitted-cbs-folks-class-of-205688.html
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 10:13
I am sad I have to wait at least another month. Brutal.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 10:18
Engr2012 wrote:
Aragornyanfei wrote:

Congratulations. Do you mind sharing your profile here and also at calling-all-admitted-cbs-folks-class-of-205688.html

Sure, here is my profile:

5 years W/E: 2 yrs in auditing and 3 yrs in M&A/Investment Banking
GMAT: 730 (had 750 5 years ago but it was expired) ; 3.2+ Undergraduate GPA and 3.9+ Msc GPA (universities in HK)
ECs: Quite a number of ECs in school, awards in various business competitions, student organization, non-profit, music; (but not many after school)
Application: My essays were very CBS focused, and finance focused. My recommendations were from my boss and a friend who is a CBS graduate who knows me well
Interview was with a local alumna, had a great conversation, and covered topics including why CBS, career coal, alternative plan, hobbies; we discussed in details regarding the courses I plan to take.

Hope people can have some patience in the process (I'm a bad example as I had been quite anxious in the last few days) and best of luck to everyone!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 11:59
Anyone applied on Oct 7 heard back yet?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 12:07
tingzhang wrote:
Anyone applied on Oct 7 heard back yet?

Not me... and I'm beginning to worry!
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 29 Oct 2015, 12:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  78    Next  [ 1549 posts ] 

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap