It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 14:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
Reviews Badge
My Booth Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 09:08

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.63
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 09:34

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [2], given: 3

Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 12:41
This post received
KUDOS
Good luck for next week everyone. A week it is! :D

Kudos [?]: 10 [2], given: 3

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 07:56

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 5

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 916

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 13:11
How is it going to work on Dec 8th? Anyone has information?

It says we shall expect e-mails, but what kind of information does it include?

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 916

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 14:16
bgpower wrote:
How is it going to work on Dec 8th? Anyone has information?

It says we shall expect e-mails, but what kind of information does it include?

Accepted students will likely be called on December 7th as tradition goes. People waitlisted and dinged will just get a status change and receive their news on December 8th.

Intern
Intern

GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 10:09
2 days guys, how's everyone feeling about their chances? Booth should be making admit calls on Wednesday.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 10:30
Just have my phone on full ringer in the hope I don't miss the call. :|

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Students Reflect on Their Essays [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 13:00
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Students Reflect on Their Essays
For those of you preparing your Round Two MBA applications we know it can be quite a busy time, but we hope you are finding the process of thinking about your goals and values insightful and rewarding. We thought it would be helpful to give you some insight from Admissions, as well as the perspective of Booth students.

We designed our 2016-17 essay as a platform to give you some inspiration - and choice - in how you tell your story. When you look at this collection of distinct Chicago Booth moments, you’ll see our community engaged in everyday life. Don’t hesitate to draw on that vision and have fun with the process.

As you work to finalize and submit your application, read what current students say as they reflect back on their own applications to Booth.

Booth’s essay allowed me to have free reign over what I wanted the Admissions committee to know about me that I couldn’t express elsewhere in the application. As you approach this essay, think about it as an opportunity to be completely and utterly the "authentic you." Your quirks, interests, and experiences matter because Booth really values the entire person. I knew I was on to something because my best friend looked at my presentation and said, "Wow, this is so you." And well, the rest is history. ~ John Frame

The Booth essay provided me an opportunity to respond in a way that let my genuine personality show, and not in the way I believed Booth wanted me to respond. The question allowed me to determine what form I wanted my essay to take, to show Booth who I am, and to provide them an opportunity to determine why I am a right fit for the school. ~ Talal Dajani

I built my application into a narrative that not only expressed what I've done in the past, but also my future goals. Based on the essay prompt, I was able to give a glimpse of the person I am beyond my resume. My advice is to invest the time thinking about what you want the school to know about you and bring that to life in your essay. ~ Kate Donlin

The essay called into question what I really wanted, what would really make me happy, and what the path forward looked like. My approach was to craft a timeline, imagine where I hoped to be 10 years from now, and find the storyline that led me to that point. At first, writing an MBA essay seemed overwhelming, but once I found my voice, it felt more like art than an application. In many ways, it confirmed why I wanted to be at Booth. ~ Sarah Coury

The essay helped me understand what I valued in my personal and professional aspirations. My approach was to define who I am and what is important to me. I really dug into my work and career choices, as well as my extracurricular activities, to understand what drives my motivation. Evaluating my background and the future impact I hope to have was important in understanding how an MBA will help me reach my goals. I assessed how my values were similar to Booth's. ~ Stephanie Hsu

I approached the application by thinking about the "why" behind my life decisions. Rather than focusing on a particular highlight from my past career, I thought holistically about the connection between different stages of my life, how they related to my future goals, and how these experiences shaped my personality. It allowed me to tell my story in the exact way that I thought would best portray who I am. That was the beauty of the Booth essay. ~ Stephen Yi

We hope that you enjoy the process, continue to dig deep into your passions and reasons for wanting an MBA, and reflect on why Booth is the place you want to be. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to comment below, or join our live chat on December 14th!

We look forward to learning more about you and reading your essays on January 4th.

Best of Luck,

Donna Swinford

Senior Director of Admissions
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Retired Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 15:26
guateamala86 wrote:
2 days guys, how's everyone feeling about their chances? Booth should be making admit calls on Wednesday.

My interview went well so I'm hopeful! MBA Data Guru has acceptance rate of those who receive interview invites at 50%

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 17:27
Has everyone else been getting mailers from Booth lately? Got one about moving to Chicago. Probably just a mass email, but hard not to get my hopes up this close to decision day.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 13

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GRE 1: 331 Q163 V168
WE: Corporate Finance (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 21:43

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 13

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 22:37
Nop !

Didnt receive any wmail about moving to CHicago.. did anyone else receive this email ? and when

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 6

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 22:37
Smile808 wrote:
Has everyone else been getting mailers from Booth lately? Got one about moving to Chicago. Probably just a mass email, but hard not to get my hopes up this close to decision day.

Havent got anything like that. Does that mean I am not getting in? :shock: :shock:

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 23:23
alejandro293 wrote:
Smile808 wrote:

Havent got anything like that. Does that mean I am not getting in? :shock: :shock:

Of course it doesn't mean that, and I'm sorry for creating panic. Like I said, it likely means nothing, I was simply perplexed by the timing of the email.

Also, don't forget to check your spam folder, since that's usually the destination of mass emails.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 11

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 01:55
Relax! The marketing mailing list is not linked to the admitted students list.

Having said that, super super nervous. Guys please update here once you start getting calls!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 11

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 02:30
Sure the emails aren't linked to your status. Around 29 hours to go for 9am Chicago time (i.e. admit calls.........)

I have been surprisingly relaxed recently, but this close it's all back again.

Intern
Intern

Schools: Booth '19 (A)

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 08:00
Do we know if there is any correlation between receiving scholarship money and being called the day before vs. being admitted without scholarship money and being called the day of? The reason I ask is a friend of mine who was admitted to Booth last year, admittedly round 2 recalls being called the day of. However, two contacts who were admitted with scholarships were called the day before. Wanting to confirm if we don't receive a call tomorrow all hope is not lost?

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 08:07
arizona23 wrote:
Do we know if there is any correlation between receiving scholarship money and being called the day before vs. being admitted without scholarship money and being called the day of? The reason I ask is a friend of mine who was admitted to Booth last year, admittedly round 2 recalls being called the day of. However, two contacts who were admitted with scholarships were called the day before. Wanting to confirm if we don't receive a call tomorrow all hope is not lost?

Not sure what happens for Round 2.

But for Round 1, last year and the year before, admit calls whether with or without scholarship was a day before the deadline (i.e. tomorrow).

The deadline date was reserved for status updates on the portal...where rejections and waitlists were posted.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.76
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 08:08
arizona23 wrote:

I've never heard of anyone getting calls the day of.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 06 Dec 2016, 08:08

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  34    Next  [ 665 posts ] 

Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap