GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2019, 15:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 15:30
Consortium DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 9 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q43 V44), GPA: 3.53, Industry: Journalism and Publishing, WE 85, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 30 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:660 (Q49 V32), Industry: Health Care, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 22:15
I got the email today ya'll! It was dated for today 12/17 as well, so I am guessing they are only a day (business) late :)
B
GRE 1: Q158 V161
GPA: 3.02

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 07:17
Question on the fellowship matching - if your first choice waitlists you, does that harm your chances at matching for the fellowship for another school? At this point I've been waitlisted from my first choice, accepted to my 3rd and 5th... Or do we just sit back and let the chips fall where they may?
Current Student
B
GRE 1: Q170 V164
GPA: 3.75
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 08:07
energy2pe wrote:
I got the email today ya'll! It was dated for today 12/17 as well, so I am guessing they are only a day (business) late :)

So where are you going?

Posted from my mobile device
Consortium Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 09:53
Emb294 wrote:
Question on the fellowship matching - if your first choice waitlists you, does that harm your chances at matching for the fellowship for another school? At this point I've been waitlisted from my first choice, accepted to my 3rd and 5th... Or do we just sit back and let the chips fall where they may?

Hmm, this is a good question. At this point the other schools already know they weren't your #1, but they accepted you so they obviously want you.

I don't think the other schools can offer the fellowship until the draft (sending positive thoughts your way!).

Anyone else got a more definitive answer?

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 09:56
webster7 wrote:
energy2pe wrote:

So where are you going?

I am currently leaning Tuck, since it was my #1 choice going in. I need to do some more due diligence into actual cost of attendance, etc. Likely will think about it over Christmas break!

How about you? Congrats on the admits!

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 10:37
energy2pe wrote:
webster7 wrote:
energy2pe wrote:

So where are you going?

I am currently leaning Tuck, since it was my #1 choice going in. I need to do some more due diligence into actual cost of attendance, etc. Likely will think about it over Christmas break!

How about you? Congrats on the admits!

Thanks.

That means you got a fellowship for Tuck then. Congrats! The cost should be about $30,000 per year + opportunity cost of working full time.

Tuck was my first choice as well. Since I got waitlisted, I'm not sure. Doing the weekend MBA at Ross may be best since I can work full time. Even after paying full tuition cost (minus employer contribution of $36k), I will have more left compared to going to school full time on a fellowship. Going to school full time will allow me to change industry like I've been wanting to though. Need to reflect some more. It's a big commitment.
Consortium Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 11:06
webster7 wrote:

Thanks.

That means you got a fellowship for Tuck then. Congrats! The cost should be about $30,000 per year + opportunity cost of working full time.

Tuck was my first choice as well. Since I got waitlisted, I'm not sure. Doing the weekend MBA at Ross may be best since I can work full time. Even after paying full tuition cost (minus employer contribution of $36k), I will have more left compared to going to school full time on a fellowship. Going to school full time will allow me to change industry like I've been wanting to though. Need to reflect some more. It's a big commitment.

Thanks! My partner is moving with me so minor complexities, and talking to financial aid has been super helpful..

Sorry to hear about Tuck... Your stats are amazing, do you have an idea of what happened? Are you thinking about waiting it out? Let me know if I can help in any way here--happy to help.

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 11:21
Hi did anyone hear back about the fellowship from Stern?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 12:52
energy2pe wrote:
webster7 wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks! My partner is moving with me so minor complexities, and talking to financial aid has been super helpful..

Sorry to hear about Tuck... Your stats are amazing, do you have an idea of what happened? Are you thinking about waiting it out? Let me know if I can help in any way here--happy to help.

They reached out to me for an interview 4 days before the decision date and I interviewed 2 days before the decision date. Maybe it was too close and they didn't have time to evaluate me properly? Not sure what happened. I have to make a deposit for the weekend MBA by Dec 31, so not sure. I'll most likely make the deposit and risk losing it.

Thanks for offering to help. I'll let you know if something comes up and I need your help.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 12:53
kr10290 wrote:

I actually have not heard anything from them, not even an email to join their application portal.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 14:10
webster7 wrote:
kr10290 wrote:

I actually have not heard anything from them, not even an email to join their application portal.

Just heard back from Stern with an email about update in the portal - waitlisted w no interview. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 07:40
energy2pe wrote:
Emb294 wrote:

Hmm, this is a good question. At this point the other schools already know they weren't your #1, but they accepted you so they obviously want you.

I don't think the other schools can offer the fellowship until the draft (sending positive thoughts your way!).

Thanks! Got a scholarship from my second choice which is now becoming more and more my first choice (McCombs)- the student that called said welcome to the Consortium membership (so I guess that means they at least are offering me that?) I did also receive a generous scholarship from this school as well, I'm curious though, if we do receive a Consortium fellowship to a school that gave additional scholarships can we use both? Tried scrolling through previous years but it's not clear.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 08:00
Emb294 wrote:
energy2pe wrote:
Emb294 wrote:

Thanks! Got a scholarship from my second choice which is now becoming more and more my first choice (McCombs)- the student that called said welcome to the Consortium membership (so I guess that means they at least are offering me that?) I did also receive a generous scholarship from this school as well, I'm curious though, if we do receive a Consortium fellowship to a school that gave additional scholarships can we use both? Tried scrolling through previous years but it's not clear.

Scholarships cannot exceed tuition and fees.
Consortium Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 09:17
webster7 wrote:
Emb294 wrote:

Scholarships cannot exceed tuition and fees.

Membership is decided by CGSM, so congrats (and see you at OP hopefully! : ) )

Generally, based on my passive research, I agree with this. Full tuition is essentially equivalent to a full ride in MBA programs. Other funding options include debt, TA in second year, helping admissions in second year, among others.

I think there's a Darden fellowship that helps with TCA, but that's the only example I've heard of.

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 09:20
webster7 wrote:
energy2pe wrote:
webster7 wrote:

Thanks.

They reached out to me for an interview 4 days before the decision date and I interviewed 2 days before the decision date. Maybe it was too close and they didn't have time to evaluate me properly? Not sure what happened. I have to make a deposit for the weekend MBA by Dec 31, so not sure. I'll most likely make the deposit and risk losing it.

Thanks for offering to help. I'll let you know if something comes up and I need your help.

Where are you located? (i.e. did you visit? why not applicant initiated?). I did the applicant initiated interview (in west coast), so wondering if this might have been a concern.
Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 11:21
Quote:
Where are you located? (i.e. did you visit? why not applicant initiated?). I did the applicant initiated interview (in west coast), so wondering if this might have been a concern.

You are correct. I was in MI when I applied. So it may have been an issue. Since all the other schools required an invite from them to interview, I did not think too much about the applicant-initiated interview. So that would be my fault.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 15:11
webster7 wrote:
Quote:

You are correct. I was in MI when I applied. So it may have been an issue. Since all the other schools required an invite from them to interview, I did not think too much about the applicant-initiated interview. So that would be my fault.

It may matter but another data point would be my own experience. PNW based here, could not do the applicant-initiated due to work travel schedule. Got an invite and did it via Skype. I like to think I have an interesting story but highly doubt I am a one off.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q150 V151
GPA: 3.12

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 11:42
Anyone know what happens when your top ranked school waitlisted you? Does this hurt your chances of receiving fellowship once admitted?
Consortium Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 12:36
hopefullyim2021 wrote:
Anyone know what happens when your top ranked school waitlisted you? Does this hurt your chances of receiving fellowship once admitted?

Sorry to hear about the WL. I would think that it depends when the switch happens to Admitted.

85% of Fellowships go out in R2/draft and around 55% of CGSM admits get offered the fellowship. As long as you get admitted before R2 your chances should still be solid. Of course, this all gets influenced by regular factors (competitiveness, fit, etc).

Hope this helps and best of luck!!! :)
Re: Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!   [#permalink] 20 Dec 2018, 12:36

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18    Next  [ 357 posts ] 

Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe