GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 May 2019, 19:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Stern '21 (A)
GPA: 3.33
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 13:44
Hi! Is anyone else having issues with the Consortium application? I find it to be super glitchy - specifically the fact that I can see that my professional recommenders have been notified, but I'm really unclear on how they'll be notifying my mission recommender. Her name and email have been saved in the application for 3 weeks now and she hasn't gotten an official link to upload. Has this happened to anyone else? Or is there just some other action I need to take?

Thanks!
Consortium Thread Master
S
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 13:49
beccty wrote:
Hi! Is anyone else having issues with the Consortium application? I find it to be super glitchy - specifically the fact that I can see that my professional recommenders have been notified, but I'm really unclear on how they'll be notifying my mission recommender. Her name and email have been saved in the application for 3 weeks now and she hasn't gotten an official link to upload. Has this happened to anyone else? Or is there just some other action I need to take?

Thanks!

Email CGSM, this happened to me! They will send you a form to forward to your recommender, which they can fill out and send to the CGSM directly

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 14:22
Along the lines of some of the other questions, for all R2 CGSM applicants, please reach out if you need help!

My experience so far has been that Consortium students at every member school have been more than willing to help, and that the Consortium truly is a family. To that end, I invite you to ask for any advice or help you need here--we will not judge.

Also, the Consortium's mission is very personal to me since it is really helping get more URMs in a position to make a difference and helping get access to resources we would not otherwise have as easy access to. So, I would be happy to PM or jump on a quick call to serve as a sound board for CGSM candidates. I was extremely stressed leading up to submission, so most of us R1ers have a feeling of what you are going through!

Best advice I can give off the bat: at the end of every answer writing/essay editing session, copy and paste your response into the boxes on the website. This will keep you informed of the amount of space you are actually working with as you go!
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 11:25
How did you guys approach the Core essay versus the school-specific career-goals essay?

For example, Yale asks "How did you arrive at these career interests? How have you, or how will you, position yourself to pursue them?" which is very redundant to the Core essay question, however I am reluctant to just copy-paste a few paragraphs.
Manager
Manager
B
GRE 1: Q170 V164
GPA: 3.75
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 12:33
I copied and pasted some of it

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 12:37
webster7 wrote:
I copied and pasted some of it

Thank you. To what extent did you keep it synonymous? Can you shed some insights on what you made different?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 14:06
I copied and pasted the parts that answered that question and added a few lines to make the answer to this exact question complete

Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q150 V151
GPA: 3.12

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 09:27
Okay so I was admitted into a school with Forte Fellowship and 50% of tuition scholarship does anyone know if you can have both consortium and forte or is forte in lieu of consortium?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 11:08
hopefullyim2021 wrote:
Okay so I was admitted into a school with Forte Fellowship and 50% of tuition scholarship does anyone know if you can have both consortium and forte or is forte in lieu of consortium?

From my understanding, your scholarship cannot exceed tuition and fees. For the consortium fellowship will replace the other ones.
Consortium Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 11:33
memyselfi wrote:
How did you guys approach the Core essay versus the school-specific career-goals essay?

For example, Yale asks "How did you arrive at these career interests? How have you, or how will you, position yourself to pursue them?" which is very redundant to the Core essay question, however I am reluctant to just copy-paste a few paragraphs.

I took the Yale space to talk about SOM-specific things I was passionate about and add a different dimension of the same topic. Also, I tried to provide additional context for my aspirations e.g. the "why"

B

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 13:02
webster7 wrote:
hopefullyim2021 wrote:

From my understanding, your scholarship cannot exceed tuition and fees. For the consortium fellowship will replace the other ones.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 10:32
Actually I heard back from the school that Forte and Consortium are both decided by the individual schools and both organizations and fellowships can be attained at the same time in other words I could receive both if deemed appropriate....Pretty Amazing! :cool:
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 10:48
hopefullyim2021 wrote:
Actually I heard back from the school that Forte and Consortium are both decided by the individual schools and both organizations and fellowships can be attained at the same time in other words I could receive both if deemed appropriate....Pretty Amazing! :cool:

You may be awarded both but I don't think it can cover more than tuition and fees. Did you ask them specifically about that?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 10:55
webster7 wrote:
hopefullyim2021 wrote:

You may be awarded both but I don't think it can cover more than tuition and fees. Did you ask them specifically about that?

Yes I did of course not to exceed tuition. My concern was being able to utilize both networks and affiliations of both organizations.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 15:15
hopefullyim2021 wrote:
webster7 wrote:
hopefullyim2021 wrote:

Yes I did of course not to exceed tuition. My concern was being able to utilize both networks and affiliations of both organizations.

Ok. Yes, being part of both should not be an issue.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 23:46
Both Core Essays are nearly identical to the short answer questions (not the main essay) from Yale SOM. Is it frowned upon to reuse language from the core to the school-specific short answer questions? I saw this post from 2018, but wanted to confirm that others have heard the same from other schools.

"I think being a little repetitive is fine for those [Optional] essays. Core Essay #1 also overlaps with several schools' specific essays, so back when I applied I spoke with an admissions officer from Tuck who told me it's fine to repeat yourself because they typically only glance at the Consortium Core Essays and spend much more of their time reviewing their school specific essays. Hope that helps!"
Consortium Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 09:44
MaggieMBA wrote:
Both Core Essays are nearly identical to the short answer questions (not the main essay) from Yale SOM. Is it frowned upon to reuse language from the core to the school-specific short answer questions? I saw this post from 2018, but wanted to confirm that others have heard the same from other schools.

"I think being a little repetitive is fine for those [Optional] essays. Core Essay #1 also overlaps with several schools' specific essays, so back when I applied I spoke with an admissions officer from Tuck who told me it's fine to repeat yourself because they typically only glance at the Consortium Core Essays and spend much more of their time reviewing their school specific essays. Hope that helps!"

Not sure if "frowned upon", but I think this is a wasted opportunity to demonstrate to the school why you want to attend their program. If you have visited the schools, I'd recommend talking about those visits and how they tie into your overarching goals.
B
Schools: Goizueta '21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 10:27
NYCMBA2010 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Long time lurker but after speaking with a current Consortium member and attending a school event, I will be applying to the Consortium R2.

I initially planned on doing a PT program because of my low GPA, but I feel that if I perform strong on my GMAT and write excellent essays (with clear, thought out goals) then I should be able to get into a FT program.

I look forward to getting to know everyone who is applying this year and I hope we all can be a great resource to one another!

do you mind sharing your GMAT score?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2019, 03:22
hopefullyim2021 wrote:

Nice to know! Thank you for reporting this info back here.
B
Schools: Goizueta '21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2019, 06:04
Narenn wrote:
hopefullyim2021 wrote:

Nice to know! Thank you for reporting this info back here.

You can receive membership to both but you are not getting money (that exceeds tuition & fees for both) because it’s actually the school that gives the money, not Consortium or Forte. The max any school will offer you is 100% of fees and tuition.

Sometimes a school will offer you money upfront (especially when they are not your first choice) to entice you to come to them...congratulations! That means you’re a phenomenal candidate.

Also (and I hope this makes sense typed out) because one school in the ranking cannot offer you a Consortium fellowship if a higher rank school already did, they’ll offer you packages (never exceeding 100% tuition and fees) basically to persuade you more in case you’re looking for 100% funding. These packages from schools rarely include living expenses.

All of my information comes directly from Danny and admission representatives so it should be accurate

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!   [#permalink] 07 Jan 2019, 06:04

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18    Next  [ 354 posts ] 

Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap