It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 14:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
VP
VP
avatar
G
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1262

Kudos [?]: 286 [0], given: 163

Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 13:44
I was filling in the online application. I wanted to share something about the video essay.

They mentioned Kira talent website. There is a good opportunity for everyone to practice questions before the schools sends you a link.

Go the following website and go to 'practice' section in up right of the page and follow instructions:

www.kiratalent.com


Good luck

Kudos [?]: 286 [0], given: 163

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schools: Fisher '20
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 20:53
What is the timeline of round 1 vs round 2 for fall 2018? When should I apply to be considered round 1?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
avatar
G
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1262

Kudos [?]: 286 [0], given: 163

Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 03:57
kirsten112 wrote:
What is the timeline of round 1 vs round 2 for fall 2018? When should I apply to be considered round 1?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Hi,
It is important to notice that Fisher depends on rolling basis. You can read recent article to help you.

http://blog.fisher.osu.edu/rolling-admi ... erence-0-0

Kudos [?]: 286 [0], given: 163

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 23

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.81
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2017, 05:43
Dear All...today I tried to submit my fisher mba application but I am unable to submit it as my debit card showing transaction failure due to no CCV found. In application fee submission page it only asks debit card number and expiry but not ccv. Can anyone help.?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

VP
VP
avatar
G
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1262

Kudos [?]: 286 [0], given: 163

Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2017, 08:09
haseebhassan wrote:
Dear All...today I tried to submit my fisher mba application but I am unable to submit it as my debit card showing transaction failure due to no CCV found. In application fee submission page it only asks debit card number and expiry but not ccv. Can anyone help.?


In those cases, do not wait to reply from here and shot adcom mail directly.

Kudos [?]: 286 [0], given: 163

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Posts: 916

Kudos [?]: 208 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 19:50
Dear prospective candidates,

I am one of the first year MBA candidates at the Ohio State University's Fisher College of Business and I will be happy to take any questions you may have about the full time MBA program, application process or the school in general. Please excuse me for I will not be able to reply immediately considering the curriculum and other extra curricular activities I am involved in at school. I and Buckeye2304 both will be here to answer your questions.

Best,
Keats

Kudos [?]: 208 [0], given: 79

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2014
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: 2 [2], given: 2

Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.4
Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 00:21
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hello everyone,
I submitted my application on 26 Sep and the KIRA videos on 5 Oct.

Kira video questions were mostly situational and about experiences in personal and professional life. There were 3 video questions altogether, each gave 45 secs to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. There was a 4 question (writing) of 8 minutes length. This question was about a time when I was asked to do something against my values and what did I do and why.

Hope this helps others.

Can somebody (those who have submitted and got reply from adcom) please let me know about the mode of communication about the status. My app in portal says Complete App (I assume it means submitted). How would I get to know the status?

I know its on Rolling basis but there is a deadline of 15 Oct for R1, when can I expect a decision on my app.

Kudos [?]: 2 [2], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Aug 2014
Posts: 38

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 16

CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 01:43
Ankitsahu84 wrote:
Hello everyone,
I submitted my application on 26 Sep and the KIRA videos on 5 Oct.

Kira video questions were mostly situational and about experiences in personal and professional life. There were 3 video questions altogether, each gave 45 secs to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. There was a 4 question (writing) of 8 minutes length. This question was about a time when I was asked to do something against my values and what did I do and why.

Hope this helps others.

Can somebody (those who have submitted and got reply from adcom) please let me know about the mode of communication about the status. My app in portal says Complete App (I assume it means submitted). How would I get to know the status?

I know its on Rolling basis but there is a deadline of 15 Oct for R1, when can I expect a decision on my app.


Awesome! The video part is optional right? I mean you can either choose to answer video questions or write a traditional essay right?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 16

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Oct 2016
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 11 [2], given: 3

Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 03:40
2
This post received
KUDOS
A
_________________

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin


Last edited by EowynPhoenix on 20 Oct 2017, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 11 [2], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Feb 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 22:37
Did anyone who attended the Fall preview days get results?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Oct 2016
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 05:11
vinodsivagnanam173 wrote:
Did anyone who attended the Fall preview days get results?


I attended the preview day on September 28th. My applicant portal updated by 10 am on October 4th, and I got a call around 11:30 am that same day.
_________________

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2014
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 06:30
sidceg wrote:
Ankitsahu84 wrote:
Hello everyone,
I submitted my application on 26 Sep and the KIRA videos on 5 Oct.

Kira video questions were mostly situational and about experiences in personal and professional life. There were 3 video questions altogether, each gave 45 secs to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. There was a 4 question (writing) of 8 minutes length. This question was about a time when I was asked to do something against my values and what did I do and why.

Hope this helps others.

Can somebody (those who have submitted and got reply from adcom) please let me know about the mode of communication about the status. My app in portal says Complete App (I assume it means submitted). How would I get to know the status?

I know its on Rolling basis but there is a deadline of 15 Oct for R1, when can I expect a decision on my app.


Awesome! The video part is optional right? I mean you can either choose to answer video questions or write a traditional essay right?


No, nothing is optional.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Feb 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 13:11
EowynPhoenix wrote:
vinodsivagnanam173 wrote:
Did anyone who attended the Fall preview days get results?


I attended the preview day on September 28th. My applicant portal updated by 10 am on October 4th, and I got a call around 11:30 am that same day.


I did too - were you in the Marketing class?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Oct 2016
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 05:43
vinodsivagnanam173 wrote:
EowynPhoenix wrote:
vinodsivagnanam173 wrote:
Did anyone who attended the Fall preview days get results?


I attended the preview day on September 28th. My applicant portal updated by 10 am on October 4th, and I got a call around 11:30 am that same day.


I did too - were you in the Marketing class?


Unfortunately, I had to miss the marketing class part of the visit. It was an almost four hour drive for me, and I couldn't arrive the night before.
_________________

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 15 May 2017
Posts: 81

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 13:50
Main application is submitted and I sent the official gmat score today. I'll be doing the video questions Saturday most likely. Hopefully I don't bomb them as badly as I did with Michigan's ;)

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Feb 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 15:07
Received a Conditional Admit today - Pending Financial Review. Anyone know what this is a about? Is this actually an admit or does this mean that they will let me know if I am admitted or not based on my Financials?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 15 May 2017
Posts: 81

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 15:34
vinodsivagnanam173 wrote:
Received a Conditional Admit today - Pending Financial Review. Anyone know what this is a about? Is this actually an admit or does this mean that they will let me know if I am admitted or not based on my Financials?


I see you have US as your location, but are you a permanent resident? I have heard of some schools requiring internationals or non-perms to have cosigners or show proof of a loan before accepting. I have not heard of anything like this for permanents. If you are perm, I have no idea.

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 15 May 2017
Posts: 81

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2017, 12:23
Did my video questions today, 4 behavioral questions, different than what was in the post above.

Just waiting on the official gmat score to clear and I'm complete.

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Feb 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2017, 20:03
Did anyone receive funding information?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.54
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 01:54
hi team,
I have a query what is the total number of recommendations one has to submit for Fisher.
the Fisher MBA site says " If you're eligible for Ohio State's Graduate Enrichment Fellowship OR University Fellowship, please submit three letters of recommendation to be considered".

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020   [#permalink] 15 Oct 2017, 01:54

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 46 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.