GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 26 Apr 2018, 00:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.54
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2018, 11:17
Hi. International candidate (from India) here. I interviewed on 5th Jan, and the portal now says that I am waitlisted. But I haven't received any official mail from the school.
Can anyone please let me know my chances of converting this waitlist to an admit? How long before I will know my final status?
Also, other than a mail expressing my interest for the program, are there any other things that I can do to improve my chances?
(On a side note, I noticed that in last year's Fisher thread, there were quite a few students who converted their waitlist to an admit - mostly around March to May. Can any of these students please share their thoughts?)
Any inputs will be very useful.
Thanks in advance.
BSchool Thread Master
G
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 12:26
Karkar wrote:
Hi. International candidate (from India) here. I interviewed on 5th Jan, and the portal now says that I am waitlisted. But I haven't received any official mail from the school.
Can anyone please let me know my chances of converting this waitlist to an admit? How long before I will know my final status?
Also, other than a mail expressing my interest for the program, are there any other things that I can do to improve my chances?
(On a side note, I noticed that in last year's Fisher thread, there were quite a few students who converted their waitlist to an admit - mostly around March to May. Can any of these students please share their thoughts?)
Any inputs will be very useful.
Thanks in advance.

I was waitlisted without an email a while back, so this seems to be par for the course. For what it's worth, I did receive an email after 5-6 weeks on the waitlist stating that I would be reevaluated in another 5-6 weeks so I guess keep an eye out for that.

March to May makes the most sense for admissions chances as people have generally made up their mind for most application rounds, and schools are gaining a firm idea of their yield.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.38

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2018, 03:44
Hi all.

Seems it's been quite a long time quiet here :grin:

I'll be having an interview next week, could you please share your interview questions and experiences...?

Appreciate any information.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.1
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 17:37
Hi all,

I have an on-site interview with Fisher next week and I just received an itinerary about my visit.
Then I realized I have two interviews scheduled.
[11:15 am - Interview with Admissions Staff Member
1:00 pm - Career Management Interview]
Is anyone familiar with this?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.51
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 22:54
Hi everyone, I received an admit from Fisher a few days back and I'm all set to enroll.
Wanted to ask, is there any whatsapp group of the admitted students?
Thank you!

breathe in.. and breathe out!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.1
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 12:46
Hello all,
I just did my two interviews with Adcom and career management at Fisher.

The interview was a blind interview, and career management team did not have my resume handy so make sure you bring an extra copy of your resume!
The questions were pretty simple and straight. And the interviewers do take notes as you answer.
1. Walk me through your resume
2. Why MBA?
3. Why Fisher? (Very important! -- do your research.)
4. Immediate goal
5. Leadership style
6. Hobby/out of work activity (Mine is very related to my long-term goal, so I linked them together when I answered.)
7. Questions to Adcom
I'm sure there were more questions.. about 1-2 more that I don't remember. But surely those were basic questions too.
The interview lasted about 40 minutes although the Adcom stated that it would be about 25-30 minutes in the beginning.

With career management team, the questions were only about my experience and career goals.
The interviewer did ask me about my goals in detail; position, industry, years expected and specific plan (because my long-term goal is to be an entrepreneur) etc.
It was more like a career service rather than an interview. He told me how Fisher helps students reach their goals, had Q&A session and that was pretty much it.
The second interview lasted about 25 minutes.

I hope this helps future applicants. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2018, 10:53
Hi everyone,
Had my interview last week on campus and Just got my admit email from Fisher MBA today.
Exciting news!! :)

Good luck to everyone.
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020   [#permalink] 12 Apr 2018, 10:53

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   [ 107 posts ] 

Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap