GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 07:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jun 2016
Posts: 3
Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.54
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2018, 11:17
Hi. International candidate (from India) here. I interviewed on 5th Jan, and the portal now says that I am waitlisted. But I haven't received any official mail from the school.
Can anyone please let me know my chances of converting this waitlist to an admit? How long before I will know my final status?
Also, other than a mail expressing my interest for the program, are there any other things that I can do to improve my chances?
(On a side note, I noticed that in last year's Fisher thread, there were quite a few students who converted their waitlist to an admit - mostly around March to May. Can any of these students please share their thoughts?)
Any inputs will be very useful.
Thanks in advance.
BSchool Thread Master
avatar
G
Joined: 15 May 2017
Posts: 194
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 12:26
Karkar wrote:
Hi. International candidate (from India) here. I interviewed on 5th Jan, and the portal now says that I am waitlisted. But I haven't received any official mail from the school.
Can anyone please let me know my chances of converting this waitlist to an admit? How long before I will know my final status?
Also, other than a mail expressing my interest for the program, are there any other things that I can do to improve my chances?
(On a side note, I noticed that in last year's Fisher thread, there were quite a few students who converted their waitlist to an admit - mostly around March to May. Can any of these students please share their thoughts?)
Any inputs will be very useful.
Thanks in advance.


I was waitlisted without an email a while back, so this seems to be par for the course. For what it's worth, I did receive an email after 5-6 weeks on the waitlist stating that I would be reevaluated in another 5-6 weeks so I guess keep an eye out for that.

March to May makes the most sense for admissions chances as people have generally made up their mind for most application rounds, and schools are gaining a firm idea of their yield.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 13
Location: Indonesia
GPA: 3.38
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2018, 03:44
Hi all.

Seems it's been quite a long time quiet here :grin:

I'll be having an interview next week, could you please share your interview questions and experiences...?

Appreciate any information.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Apr 2013
Posts: 29
Location: Korea, Republic of
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.1
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 17:37
Hi all,

I have an on-site interview with Fisher next week and I just received an itinerary about my visit.
Then I realized I have two interviews scheduled.
[11:15 am - Interview with Admissions Staff Member
1:00 pm - Career Management Interview]
Is anyone familiar with this?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Status: Remember to Always Think Twice
Joined: 04 Nov 2014
Posts: 54
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.51
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 22:54
Hi everyone, I received an admit from Fisher a few days back and I'm all set to enroll.
Wanted to ask, is there any whatsapp group of the admitted students?
Thank you!
_________________

breathe in.. and breathe out!

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Apr 2013
Posts: 29
Location: Korea, Republic of
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.1
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 12:46
Hello all,
I just did my two interviews with Adcom and career management at Fisher.

The interview was a blind interview, and career management team did not have my resume handy so make sure you bring an extra copy of your resume!
The questions were pretty simple and straight. And the interviewers do take notes as you answer.
1. Walk me through your resume
2. Why MBA?
3. Why Fisher? (Very important! -- do your research.)
4. Immediate goal
5. Leadership style
6. Hobby/out of work activity (Mine is very related to my long-term goal, so I linked them together when I answered.)
7. Questions to Adcom
I'm sure there were more questions.. about 1-2 more that I don't remember. But surely those were basic questions too.
The interview lasted about 40 minutes although the Adcom stated that it would be about 25-30 minutes in the beginning.

With career management team, the questions were only about my experience and career goals.
The interviewer did ask me about my goals in detail; position, industry, years expected and specific plan (because my long-term goal is to be an entrepreneur) etc.
It was more like a career service rather than an interview. He told me how Fisher helps students reach their goals, had Q&A session and that was pretty much it.
The second interview lasted about 25 minutes.

I hope this helps future applicants. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2018, 10:53
Hi everyone,
Had my interview last week on campus and Just got my admit email from Fisher MBA today.
Exciting news!! :)

Good luck to everyone.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Posts: 115
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 20:48
Interviewed last night with Sarah -- She was supremely nice and fun to chat with. We had more than a couple of laughs!

Looking forward to hearing back soon! Happy to help anyone who has questions.

Best,
S
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Status: Remember to Always Think Twice
Joined: 04 Nov 2014
Posts: 54
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.51
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 21:45
ss18 wrote:
Interviewed last night with Sarah -- She was supremely nice and fun to chat with. We had more than a couple of laughs!

Looking forward to hearing back soon! Happy to help anyone who has questions.

Best,
S


All the best!!
Fingers Crossed
_________________

breathe in.. and breathe out!

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Posts: 115
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 21:48
Thank you!!

Abhigyanashakuntalam wrote:
ss18 wrote:
Interviewed last night with Sarah -- She was supremely nice and fun to chat with. We had more than a couple of laughs!

Looking forward to hearing back soon! Happy to help anyone who has questions.

Best,
S


All the best!!
Fingers Crossed
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Status: Remember to Always Think Twice
Joined: 04 Nov 2014
Posts: 54
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.51
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 21:54
ss18 wrote:
Thank you!!

Abhigyanashakuntalam wrote:
ss18 wrote:
Interviewed last night with Sarah -- She was supremely nice and fun to chat with. We had more than a couple of laughs!

Looking forward to hearing back soon! Happy to help anyone who has questions.

Best,
S


All the best!!
Fingers Crossed


In fact, I was also interviewed by Sarah and I believe it was one of the most insightful interviews I faced this application season. She not only brings out all the necessary information but also makes you feel at home during the conversation. All my questions regarding the program and the university were answered with such clarity that my interest to join OSU grew after the process.

If you feel it went well, I am confident you'll get a positive response. :-)
_________________

breathe in.. and breathe out!

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Posts: 115
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 22:07
I second everything you've said. Sarah made me extremely comfortable and we had a freewheeling chat. Something that the school and Sarah embody is just the amount of genuine interest and support system that has been created for students to excel.

I do think that I did very well, though I am mindful of the fact that I could only apply in the last rounds, especially given how crazy my work was earlier.

Here's hoping for the best! Are you considering other schools or has OSU won the race?

Best,
S


Abhigyanashakuntalam wrote:
ss18 wrote:
Interviewed last night with Sarah -- She was supremely nice and fun to chat with. We had more than a couple of laughs!

Looking forward to hearing back soon! Happy to help anyone who has questions.

Best,
S


All the best!!
Fingers Crossed
[/quote]

In fact, I was also interviewed by Sarah and I believe it was one of the most insightful interviews I faced this application season. She not only brings out all the necessary information but also makes you feel at home during the conversation. All my questions regarding the program and the university were answered with such clarity that my interest to join OSU grew after the process.

If you feel it went well, I am confident you'll get a positive response. :-)[/quote]
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Status: Remember to Always Think Twice
Joined: 04 Nov 2014
Posts: 54
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.51
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 22:16
ss18 wrote:
I second everything you've said. Sarah made me extremely comfortable and we had a freewheeling chat. Something that the school and Sarah embody is just the amount of genuine interest and support system that has been created for students to excel.

I do think that I did very well, though I am mindful of the fact that I could only apply in the last rounds, especially given how crazy my work was earlier.

Here's hoping for the best! Are you considering other schools or has OSU won the race?

Best,
S


Abhigyanashakuntalam wrote:
ss18 wrote:
Interviewed last night with Sarah -- She was supremely nice and fun to chat with. We had more than a couple of laughs!

Looking forward to hearing back soon! Happy to help anyone who has questions.

Best,
S


All the best!!
Fingers Crossed


In fact, I was also interviewed by Sarah and I believe it was one of the most insightful interviews I faced this application season. She not only brings out all the necessary information but also makes you feel at home during the conversation. All my questions regarding the program and the university were answered with such clarity that my interest to join OSU grew after the process.

If you feel it went well, I am confident you'll get a positive response. :-)[/quote][/quote]

Yes!
I am all set to join OSU this fall. The school, the professors, the place and some good friends in the current batch were some of the many reasons :-)
I am desperately waiting for these three months to pass.
Regarding your application, I know admits who have applied as late as March, recently interviewed and have got admits. It matters on the strength of your application and how impressive you were in the interview. I don't think applying late will be an issue. We still have some time before it gets too late for the i20s and the other visa formalities. :thumbup:
_________________

breathe in.. and breathe out!

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Posts: 115
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 22:22
I applied in April and did the very best. I hope to hear the good news soon!

Thank you for being so supportive!

Best,
S

Abhigyanashakuntalam wrote:
ss18 wrote:
I second everything you've said. Sarah made me extremely comfortable and we had a freewheeling chat. Something that the school and Sarah embody is just the amount of genuine interest and support system that has been created for students to excel.

I do think that I did very well, though I am mindful of the fact that I could only apply in the last rounds, especially given how crazy my work was earlier.

Here's hoping for the best! Are you considering other schools or has OSU won the race?

Best,
S


Interviewed last night with Sarah -- She was supremely nice and fun to chat with. We had more than a couple of laughs!

Looking forward to hearing back soon! Happy to help anyone who has questions.

Best,
S

All the best!!
Fingers Crossed


In fact, I was also interviewed by Sarah and I believe it was one of the most insightful interviews I faced this application season. She not only brings out all the necessary information but also makes you feel at home during the conversation. All my questions regarding the program and the university were answered with such clarity that my interest to join OSU grew after the process.

If you feel it went well, I am confident you'll get a positive response. :-)


Quote:
Yes!
I am all set to join OSU this fall. The school, the professors, the place and some good friends in the current batch were some of the many reasons :-)
I am desperately waiting for these three months to pass.
Regarding your application, I know admits who have applied as late as March, recently interviewed and have got admits. It matters on the strength of your application and how impressive you were in the interview. I don't think applying late will be an issue. We still have some time before it gets too late for the i20s and the other visa formalities. :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 2
CAT Tests
Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2018, 13:11
Hello Buckeye2304

Can you please review/evaluate my profile for Fisher Full Time MBA. I am from steel manufacturing background. I currently work at a F500 steel manufacturer HQ'd in Ohio. I am an Indian Citizen BUT have Green Card. However my GMAT is quite average. I did a lot better in GRE (680/800), but that was long time ago. I want to transition into more of FMCG/consumer focused/Consultancy roles and switch careers, hence seeing MBA.

GMAT - 630 (33V 44Q)

College (Graduation)
• Masters in Material Science (Florida, 2010): GPA 3.35/4
• B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering (India, Premiere Institute): GPA 7.2/10

Professional Experience
• 2 Yrs as Technical Service Engineer (F500 company, USA): Very much customer oriented role
• 2.5 Yrs as Product Quality Engineer (F500 company, USA): Plant quality focused role.
• 2 Yrs as Process Engineer (F500 company, India): Plant/Shopfloor focused role
• 2 Yrs as Lab Analyst (small company, USA): Plant Quality, Audit role.

Extra-Curricular: Nothing stellar here. Active member of local tennis club and team captain, few volunteering at local events, track and field secretary when in undergrad (its been a while)

Answers I seek:
• Is this score enough to get in assuming I will have decent essays and interview?
• Any scope for Scholarships?
• Will I be considered domestic or International applicant?

-Appreciate you response.
GMAT Club Bot
Profile Evaluation &nbs [#permalink] 14 Aug 2018, 13:11

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   [ 115 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.