Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:32 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 925 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Foster Admitted Students: Class Of 2020 (2018 Intake) [#permalink]
Kudos
vomhorizon wrote:
Received the admissions packet from Foster and it included a hand written note from the Senior Associate Director of Admissions who also happened to have interviewed me (she also called to let me know that I was admitted). I'm planning to visit Seattle and attend the weekend before deciding on whether I'll be accepting but the personal touch and the fact they actually reimburse you for your travel and stay is a very good gesture which is quite a contrast to my other acceptance where I didn't even get a call/voicemail from my interviewer who was also an AdCom member ;).

I got my stuff from them as well, and I liked the personal note from Alexsis (she traveled to Austin for my interview and called me with the good news). Hope to meet up with you in Seattle on Welcome Weekend, the reimbursement is a very nice gesture. We decided to come in a day earlier and leave a few days later since we've never been to the area.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Foster Admitted Students: Class Of 2020 (2018 Intake) [#permalink]
Top Contributor
I'm doing the same..planning on flying in on Wednesday and will be staying till Sunday. Hope to scout some neighborhoods and catch up with some friends on Saturday and Sunday..Looking forward to meeting you and others that make the trip.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
injineer wrote:
vomhorizon wrote:
Received the admissions packet from Foster and it included a hand written note from the Senior Associate Director of Admissions who also happened to have interviewed me (she also called to let me know that I was admitted). I'm planning to visit Seattle and attend the weekend before deciding on whether I'll be accepting but the personal touch and the fact they actually reimburse you for your travel and stay is a very good gesture which is quite a contrast to my other acceptance where I didn't even get a call/voicemail from my interviewer who was also an AdCom member ;).

I got my stuff from them as well, and I liked the personal note from Alexsis (she traveled to Austin for my interview and called me with the good news). Hope to meet up with you in Seattle on Welcome Weekend, the reimbursement is a very nice gesture. We decided to come in a day earlier and leave a few days later since we've never been to the area.

don't let the power of marketing distruct you guys from the logical part of this decision :cool: :cool: although it must feel nice to get such personal notes. I guess I will get my admission packages by mail here in Russia by the time i will be already in the US so i'll never see them =)))
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Top Contributor
I don't think this is in any way influences my decision on whether to attend or not. There are literally thousands of other reasons that play a far greater role ;). But it does go to show that the School gets the basics right as far as the admissions process is concerned and then goes out of the way to offer assistance and compete, knowing that R1 candidates will also be considering other programs.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
mrsonmax wrote:
injineer wrote:
vomhorizon wrote:

don't let the power of marketing distruct you guys from the logical part of this decision :cool: :cool: although it must feel nice to get such personal notes. I guess I will get my admission packages by mail here in Russia by the time i will be already in the US so i'll never see them =)))

Oh man if I was making the decision based purely on swag I'd be signing my life to Johnson right now haha. Love the scarf they sent me and loved their LEAD event.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
man i want my package too..where are my scarfs and hand written notes.. goddamn you Russian postal service =))))
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
Lol, looks like you all are married. Am I the only single here? ;) :lol: :lol:

single too!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
mrsonmax wrote:
vomhorizon wrote:
mrsonmax wrote:
So, with you, Injineer and myself accepted to UT this thread is going to turn into admitted UT students thread =)

LOL. It would be fascinating to know where others on this thread are leaning (those that have gotten admitted elsewhere) but I get a sense that you are likely headed to Austin :). I'm leaning Foster but will take my time and visit the school in Feb. before pulling the trigger since I'll still have a few days after the Foster visit to decide on UT McCombs.

Yeah i don't know where all Foster admits are and why they don't participate here. It would be really cool to exchange opinions on program choices and it really helps if you have a serious dilemma.

as for me, I did have a dilemma before I had UT offer on hand, but now i guess i am done. I mean cost of living difference is obvious. then the program itself is definitely not worse than Foster given my tech prod mgmt goal, or maybe even slightly better. I also found out that supposedly there is a large health insurance discount at UT for grad students with fellowships, so i already wrote their health services to inquire about details. and finally, given the fact that I am moving from a different country with the family, not taking any winter clothes with me would be a huge advantage and make life a lot easier.

What's up! I'm here. :) I'm deciding among a few programs now. Are any of you all going to Welcome Weekend despite leaning toward UT?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Top Contributor
I will be attending the welcome weekend in Seattle. I'm still split between UT and UW but would like to get to know the program and the people at Foster better before deciding (I am already quite familiar with the program at McCombs).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm also coming to Welcome Weekend in Seattle. It's the only school I haven't visited so I really can't make a strong decision one way or the other yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
injineer wrote:
I'm also coming to Welcome Weekend in Seattle. It's the only school I haven't visited so I really can't make a strong decision one way or the other yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Awesome. Well I'll see you there! I'm doing the admit weekends at three schools because I'm still undecided. February's going to be a busy month with work and those weekends.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey guys!!

Indian candidate here. I didn't get a chance to visit Foster personally on my trip to US. I am seriously considering to choose Foster (just waiting for some of my R2 application decisions) and would love to hear the viewpoints of everyone who have visited the campus at Seattle regarding Foster's culture.

Many thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone coming in early for welcome weekend? I fly in Wednesday around noon, local time.

Also, would anyone be interested in using https://gmatclub.com/chat to share info and talk about your decisions? I can setup a group if there's interest.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
I have not received the interview invite yet. Does anyone know if they are going to send invites next week?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
injineer wrote:
Anyone coming in early for welcome weekend? I fly in Wednesday around noon, local time.

Also, would anyone be interested in using https://gmatclub.com/chat to share info and talk about your decisions? I can setup a group if there's interest.

I'm down! Great idea. I fly in on Thursday morning so I'll potentially be at some of those early events (housing, etc.) and definitely at the 5:30 event.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
when's the welcome weekend guys ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Welcome weekend is next Thursday.

If anyone wants to join the https://gmatclub.com/chat, add my number 7204010942
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts