It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 14:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Thread Master
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Research (Education)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 11:39
CrucialTaunt wrote:
gadela wrote:
here's hoping january 27 is a good day!

I am trying not to think about it. Of course, I am not in any way succeeding in this.

I feel ya. I just realized from browsing the admissions blog that traditionally the majority of invites for non 2+2ers comes out in the first wave.

I wonder why they put dinged people through another week of agony..
Current Student
GPA: 3.82

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 13:21
gadela wrote:
here's hoping january 27 is a good day!

Did you by any chance interview at Wharton? This year, I have met no less than 6 people who were dinged at Wharton either outright or after they interviewed and are going to HBS. I was interviewed then rejected so I'm hoping I follow that pattern as well, haha. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2016, 04:03
--

Last edited by johngaliano on 05 Aug 2016, 06:21, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
B
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 23:34
This post received
KUDOS
gloube wrote:
fakename wrote:
CrucialTaunt wrote:

I am trying not to think about it. Of course, I am not in any way succeeding in this.

I feel ya. I just realized from browsing the admissions blog that traditionally the majority of invites for non 2+2ers comes out in the first wave.

I wonder why they put dinged people through another week of agony..

Anyone has more information to back this?

Usually ~3/4 of the total interview invitations will go out on that first day, but in the grand scheme of things HBS does a 10x better job than most schools in terms of being completely clear with applicants on things like interview invites. Plenty of schools don't give any guidance on when interview invitations will start (or end) and some are known for doing interviews less than a week before decisions are released. So I think HBS does a pretty good job of minimizing the agony, especially given the volume of applications they receive relative to other schools.

http://www.militarytobusiness.com/
Admissions Consulting for Veterans, by Veterans

BSchool Thread Master
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Research (Education)

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2016, 13:02
Usually ~3/4 of the total interview invitations will go out on that first day, but in the grand scheme of things HBS does a 10x better job than most schools in terms of being completely clear with applicants on things like interview invites. Plenty of schools don't give any guidance on when interview invitations will start (or end) and some are known for doing interviews less than a week before decisions are released. So I think HBS does a pretty good job of minimizing the agony, especially given the volume of applications they receive relative to other schools.[/quote]

I do see that HBS does it much better than others.. But then, we all paid ~$250/app, so telling us a rough idea of when things are happening shouldn't be such a difficult, impossible task!
Current Student
B
Schools: Darden '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 04:14
Will the news come out at 12pm EST @ Jan27th?
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 06:01
optimusTR wrote:
Will the news come out at 12pm EST @ Jan27th?

News will come out for those lucky enough to get invited to an interview at 12pm on Jan 27th. For the rest of us, we will have to wait until the following Wednesday Feb 3rd before we are officially dinged. 2+2 invites come out on Feb 3rd as well, and potentially a very small number of further invites.

So if you don't receive an invite by 12.30pm on Jan 27th and you didn't submit a 2+2 app, then it is very likely that you have been dinged.
Intern
Intern
Round 2 Interview Invitations [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 11:00
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 2 Interview Invitations
Greetings to all of you. This post is, quite frankly, not a news flash, but more like a reminder of what we’ve said before. We’re moving along here and the plan is to send out the first wave of interview invitations on Wednesday, January 27. Our plan is for this first wave to be released at 12:00 noon Boston time.

Invitations will include detailed instructions about the sign-up process and our Campus Interview Days. Remember, where you choose to interview has no bearing on the evaluation process - all of our interviews are conducted by members of the Admissions Board. If you choose to interview in a hub city, you are still warmly invited to come to campus and attend the activities we plan for the day.

We will send out invitations in two waves. As I just said, Wave 1 is January 27. On February 3, we will send out more invitations (Wave 2) and also release the candidates who will not be moving forward to the interview stage. Please note that all 2+2 interview invitations will go out in this second wave on February 3.

Please don’t send any additional materials to us. We consider applications complete at the time of submission and we will not be adding information to anyone’s file.

I do know that this stage is hard - the waiting - but please channel your energy into good deeds or work or family - or a million other things besides sending things to us!

Dee
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GRE 1: 323 Q157 V166
GRE 2: 327 Q160 V167
GRE 3: 329 Q163 V166
GPA: 3.72
WE: Law (Law)

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 11:06
This post received
KUDOS
newsHBS wrote:
Greetings to all of you. This post is, quite frankly, not a news flash, but more like a reminder of what we’ve said before. We’re moving along here and the plan is to send out the first wave of interview invitations on Wednesday, January 27. Our plan is for this first wave to be released at 12:00 noon Boston time.

Invitations will include detailed instructions about the sign-up process and our Campus Interview Days. Remember, where you choose to interview has no bearing on the evaluation process - all of our interviews are conducted by members of the Admissions Board. If you choose to interview in a hub city, you are still warmly invited to come to campus and attend the activities we plan for the day.

We will send out invitations in two waves. As I just said, Wave 1 is January 27. On February 3, we will send out more invitations (Wave 2) and also release the candidates who will not be moving forward to the interview stage. Please note that all 2+2 interview invitations will go out in this second wave on February 3.

Please don’t send any additional materials to us. We consider applications complete at the time of submission and we will not be adding information to anyone’s file.

I do know that this stage is hard - the waiting - but please channel your energy into good deeds or work or family - or a million other things besides sending things to us!

Dee
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

I heart these guys (and that will still be true even if I get dinged). I love how transparent they are with the process. The blog is super helpful and I wish more AdComs did this (admittedly, HBS AdCom probably has a lot more resources than most). Thank you HBS for the updates!! It makes the waiting slightly less painful.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.21
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 11:31
Ditto that sentiment! The transparency is really refreshing
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 11:32
--

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 11:36
gloube wrote:
If I'm invited I'll cry
If I'm not invited I'll cry
I'm crying right now

Garth - that was a haiku
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 12:18
--

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 13:35
newsHBS wrote:

Dee

Don't be so negative though, I know of someone who was called on the last date of R1 and he is now accepted.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 16:29
First time posting here... have been checking here from time to time to see how others are holding up... wish everyone all the best on Wed!
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE: Business Development (Venture Capital)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 17:00
This post received
KUDOS
Everyone told me the waiting would be the worst part, and I laughed -- but really, I'd write another 5 essays if it meant I could end the waiting ;)

First thing I do if invited -- squeal, then text all of my supporters with the good news!
First thing I do if not invited -- lunchtime cocktail (or 5) to drown my sorrows?

Good luck to everyone -- the wait is almost over, and hope you all get some good news this Wednesday!

UPDATE: Got the interview invite and reacted just as predicted -- with some tears thrown in as well.

Last edited by giapocalypse on 30 Jan 2016, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 17:15
First thing I do if invited: Jump and scream "I am the boss" endlessly.
First thing I do if not invited: Get wasted.

Good luck to everyone!
7 KUDOS received
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 17:26
This post received
KUDOS
gloube wrote:
What will be the first thing you do
1/ if you're invited
2/ if you're not invited
?

(1) leave work and go day-drinking
(2) leave work and go day-drinking

[NOTE: this will be 9am in California]

But seriously folks, I will not be crying or drinking or anything else if I am not invited, and I hope we all keep some perspective on Wednesday. HBS is an incredibly competitive program and as far as I'm concerned, there's no shame in being dinged. Conversely, for those of us who do get called, it's a tremendous honor and achievement but does not automatically qualify us as masters of the universe.

When I was 17, I thought the world had really come to an end when I didn't get in to Yale's undergrad program. I was convinced it was the worst tragedy ever. I cried like a baby and felt so sorry for myself and cursed the unfairness of it all. And you know what? Much to my dismay, the world actually kept spinning on its axis. I ended up getting accepted into UCLA, U Chicago, Stanford and Johns Hopkins, and my life turned out pretty great even though I Did Not Get Into Yale. Lesson learned. Some of us will get invited to interview at Harvard. Some of us may even get accepted to Harvard. Many (most) of us will not. Regardless of the outcome, it does not define who any of us are. If you've applied then you're already affirmatively reaching for a better life, and all of us who work hard will have one. So let's stay cool.

That said, I have clearly chewed off all my fingernails this week.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 00:58
This post received
KUDOS
gloube wrote:
What will be the first thing you do
1/ if you're invited
2/ if you're not invited
?

1. Refresh the page. Go to my inbox again. Recheck. Pinch myself. Repeat.
2. Silently tell myself that there's nothing more I could've done. Then channel that disappointment into become a person that HBS would regret not inviting :wink:
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.89
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 06:21
This post received
KUDOS
I am oddly unaffected by the wait this time. Perhaps because I never thought I had a serious shot at HBS, even getting to the interview stage, so I have the same level of amused anticipation as I would with a powerball ticket in my hand. I think if I do get an interview, I will likely be in the bucket of people they invite just to confuse the rest of us on what exactly the selection criteria is.
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 26 Jan 2016, 06:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  43    Next  [ 854 posts ] 

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: ydmuley

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap