GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 16:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
WE: Research (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 08:38
tausifian87 wrote:
I am oddly unaffected by the wait this time. Perhaps because I never thought I had a serious shot at HBS, even getting to the interview stage, so I have the same level of amused anticipation as I would with a powerball ticket in my hand. I think if I do get an interview, I will likely be in the bucket of people they invite just to confuse the rest of us on what exactly the selection criteria is.

Haha this sums up my feeling perfectly. The thing hasn't even crossed my mind since I hit submit to be honest.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 09:08
CrucialTaunt wrote:
gloube wrote:
What will be the first thing you do
1/ if you're invited
2/ if you're not invited
?

(1) leave work and go day-drinking
(2) leave work and go day-drinking

[NOTE: this will be 9am in California]

But seriously folks, I will not be crying or drinking or anything else if I am not invited, and I hope we all keep some perspective on Wednesday. HBS is an incredibly competitive program and as far as I'm concerned, there's no shame in being dinged. Conversely, for those of us who do get called, it's a tremendous honor and achievement but does not automatically qualify us as masters of the universe.

When I was 17, I thought the world had really come to an end when I didn't get in to Yale's undergrad program. I was convinced it was the worst tragedy ever. I cried like a baby and felt so sorry for myself and cursed the unfairness of it all. And you know what? Much to my dismay, the world actually kept spinning on its axis. I ended up getting accepted into UCLA, U Chicago, Stanford and Johns Hopkins, and my life turned out pretty great even though I Did Not Get Into Yale. Lesson learned. Some of us will get invited to interview at Harvard. Some of us may even get accepted to Harvard. Many (most) of us will not. Regardless of the outcome, it does not define who any of us are. If you've applied then you're already affirmatively reaching for a better life, and all of us who work hard will have one. So let's stay cool.

That said, I have clearly chewed off all my fingernails this week.

You are absolutely right! Thanks for the words of wisdom!
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 10:11
I love this post -- this is the right attitude to have. All of you are going to end up just fine... whether or not you get into HBS... AND whether or not you get into ANY b-school. Look at the people who've changed our world. Most of them don't have MBAs. It's a great two years and it's a helpful degree to have, but it will not ultimately determine your success or your happiness in life. Best of luck to all of you and remember to keep things in perspective like CrucialTaunt has learned to. : )

CrucialTaunt wrote:
gloube wrote:
What will be the first thing you do
1/ if you're invited
2/ if you're not invited
?

(1) leave work and go day-drinking
(2) leave work and go day-drinking

[NOTE: this will be 9am in California]

But seriously folks, I will not be crying or drinking or anything else if I am not invited, and I hope we all keep some perspective on Wednesday. HBS is an incredibly competitive program and as far as I'm concerned, there's no shame in being dinged. Conversely, for those of us who do get called, it's a tremendous honor and achievement but does not automatically qualify us as masters of the universe.

When I was 17, I thought the world had really come to an end when I didn't get in to Yale's undergrad program. I was convinced it was the worst tragedy ever. I cried like a baby and felt so sorry for myself and cursed the unfairness of it all. And you know what? Much to my dismay, the world actually kept spinning on its axis. I ended up getting accepted into UCLA, U Chicago, Stanford and Johns Hopkins, and my life turned out pretty great even though I Did Not Get Into Yale. Lesson learned. Some of us will get invited to interview at Harvard. Some of us may even get accepted to Harvard. Many (most) of us will not. Regardless of the outcome, it does not define who any of us are. If you've applied then you're already affirmatively reaching for a better life, and all of us who work hard will have one. So let's stay cool.

That said, I have clearly chewed off all my fingernails this week.

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Current Student
GPA: 3.82

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 14:07
For those applying to HBS this round, what is your alternative program in case it doesn't pan out? I'm going to Dartmouth Tuck if HBS doesn't come through and I'm super excited about it, but I would just like to get this over with so I can channel all my energies to Tuck.
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 14:39
sudaca2015 wrote:
For those applying to HBS this round, what is your alternative program in case it doesn't pan out? I'm going to Dartmouth Tuck if HBS doesn't come through and I'm super excited about it, but I would just like to get this over with so I can channel all my energies to Tuck.

Harvard is the first school I will get word on, which is a good thing because the disappointment of being rejected would be alleviate to an extent with hope for other programs. I am sure that is the case with most who have applied in Round 2 only.

Also applied to Stanford, MIT and Wharton.
BSchool Thread Master
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Research (Education)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 15:00
sudaca2015 wrote:

Must be nice already having an acceptance to a great program! congrats!
I only applied in R2, and thankfully, Yale invited me to interview a couple weeks ago, so even if HBS decides to go silent on me tmr, I won't be starting the season with a rejection :)

I also don't feel as nervous/anxious about this one as I do with others because I feel that there are a ton of qualified applicants -if they wanted, they can fill the entire class with MBB/GS analysts with 3.6+ GPA and 720+ GMAT- but HBS is looking to make the perfect mix of class with the right story and the right attitude with a healthy dose of luck. It almost makes me think it's somewhat less meritocratic beyond a certain threshold, and it's more a highly subjective form of art.

Sleep tight and good luck everyone!
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GRE 1: Q157 V166

GRE 2: Q160 V167

GRE 3: Q163 V166
GPA: 3.72
WE: Law (Law)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 15:55
fakename wrote:
sudaca2015 wrote:
It almost makes me think it's somewhat less meritocratic beyond a certain threshold, and it's more a highly subjective form of art.

This.

:thumbup:
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 16:10
I wish there is a way to keep my mind OFF THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The wait is so painful....
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.84

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 17:55
sudaca2015 wrote:

MIT is my dream school so I really wait in great agony. I'm too old for HBS so the wait doesn't bother me too much. Guess in 30s is quite a big red flag. It's prestigious so it's really my reach. Well prepared for the ding since the very beginning.

Got interview invite from Kelley so the app season started with mix results. Well, at least I can either go to work in Japan for a while or go to CUNY mba. A perfect guarantee for those who want to work in the city after graduation.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 17:56
sudaca2015 wrote:

I guess Harvard is the first one I am going to hear about. Also I applied to Stanford (LONG SHOT), MIT, Columbia and NYU. My hopes are high for Columbia and MIT. I think I have a good fit with them and I properly executed both applications.

See you tomorrow guys!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.48
WE: Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 19:49
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!
Current Student
GPA: 3.82

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 22:23
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 08:11
Good luck to all who are anxiously waiting for interview invites today!! As HBS said on its blog, invites will go out at 12 PM Boston time. i.e. in 2 hours approx.

While you wait let's gather in chat room to share updates with each other. http://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

BSchool Thread Master
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Research (Education)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 08:50
Narenn wrote:
Good luck to all who are anxiously waiting for interview invites today!! As HBS said on its blog, invites will go out at 12 PM Boston time. i.e. in 2 hours approx.

While you wait let's gather in chat room to share updates with each other. http://gmatclub.com/gchat/

haha internally debating if I should deliberately choose to bring on more chaos and anxiety upon myself by joining this chat.. dangerous!!
Best of luck everyone!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Business Development (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 09:33
so i know they said there's a wave 2, but if you don't get an interview today, is it pretty much a sure thing you got rejected?

does anyone know how many interviews they will give out in wave 1 vs wave 2? is it a 50/50 split or is it more like 90/10?
Current Student
GRE 1: Q163 V170
GPA: 3.01
WE: Science (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 10:12
lookitsdanman wrote:
so i know they said there's a wave 2, but if you don't get an interview today, is it pretty much a sure thing you got rejected?

does anyone know how many interviews they will give out in wave 1 vs wave 2? is it a 50/50 split or is it more like 90/10?

Sounds like they will not "release" or "reject" you until wave 2.

Anyone got invite yet?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 10:21
Looks like one just showed up on Clear Admit (blog.clearadmit.com/livewire/?school=harvard). I'm sure the others that received invites here are still jumping up and down about them.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.97
WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 10:21
A bunch (according to the chatroom) came at 12:17pm... not sure if there are still more to be released.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Mar 2017, 11:32
deleted

Originally posted by FinGuru on 27 Jan 2016, 10:24.
Last edited by FinGuru on 16 Mar 2017, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 10:32
I got my interview invite at 12:19 PM!

Round 2 applicant, 750 GMAT, 3.7 GPA, F100 Corporate Strategy experience for 3 years
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 27 Jan 2016, 10:32

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  43    Next  [ 854 posts ] 

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: ydmuley

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap