Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: International Business, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 102
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
patodrums89 wrote:
MichaelPinson wrote:
Any chance that they released invitations for only some of the hub cities?

Anyone invited in Tokyo?

I don't think they released only for hub cities. I saw in the livewire that some applicants in Mexico received invitations yesterday.

Hopefully we will see another decent bunch of invitations next week. I basically lost hope but you never know!

Agreed. Applicants from LA, Delhi, etc. have been invited and these are not hub cities. But the number of invites seem to be on the low side.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Real Estate
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
gadela wrote:
bimaldshah wrote:
228 people have applied to R2 (as per the GmatClub stats) but only 10 have updated their profile to "Invited for Interview". Either HBS didn't send enough invites out or people with invites are off celebrating (I hope it's the former).

Congrats to all the applicants who got invited. Best of luck!

i wholly agree with you. the number of invites on jan 27th is a bit light! here's hoping there's plenty more on feb 3!

So do you all think that not that many invites went out on the 27th, and that we can expect a good amount more on the 3rd?

I did not see anything that alluded to the number of invites going out on the respective dates this year, just the amounts that have gone out on previous years.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 102
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
mbahopeful89 wrote:
gadela wrote:
bimaldshah wrote:
228 people have applied to R2 (as per the GmatClub stats) but only 10 have updated their profile to "Invited for Interview". Either HBS didn't send enough invites out or people with invites are off celebrating (I hope it's the former).

Congrats to all the applicants who got invited. Best of luck!

i wholly agree with you. the number of invites on jan 27th is a bit light! here's hoping there's plenty more on feb 3!

So do you all think that not that many invites went out on the 27th, and that we can expect a good amount more on the 3rd?

I did not see anything that alluded to the number of invites going out on the respective dates this year, just the amounts that have gone out on previous years.

We can only speculate at this point based on what we see on this forum + clearadmit. Eitherway, the wait wont be too long as the 2nd wave is coming next week.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I think it is just as Dee stated... the majority went out yesterday, and the 2+2 invites plus a smaller number of "normal applicant" invites will go out on the third. I know this is an anxious time, but using what people report in various forums to determine... well, ANYTHING, is probably not a very solid strategy. All that matters is that it ain't over till it's over, so there is reason to keep hope alive!

mbahopeful89 wrote:
gadela wrote:
bimaldshah wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Many congratulations to the people who have got invites
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
-

Originally posted by McCainfries on 28 Jan 2016, 10:48.
Last edited by McCainfries on 05 Aug 2016, 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Are you interviewing on campus or in a hub city?

(Either way, I don't think there's a way to know exactly who it will be. I believe it will be a member of the adcom no matter what, though. And they will know your application IN DETAIL, so prepare for very, very specific questions, not the typical "tell me about a time when..." interview questions.)

Congrats and good luck!

Glabibou wrote:
I got an invite and I set up an interview time!

Quick question: is there a way to know the name of my interviewer before the interview? (My confirmation email only states time and location)

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
-

Originally posted by McCainfries on 28 Jan 2016, 10:56.
Last edited by McCainfries on 05 Aug 2016, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations to all who received invites yesterday! Fingers crossed for remaining R2 folks; hope to see plenty of invites on Feb 3rd. It's a humble request to all invited applicants that update your forum application status (https://screencast.com/t/2tWzqTzn1MmS) to reflect the same in the stats.

Per forum stats 14 applicants received invites so far.

Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Glabibou wrote:
I got an invite and I set up an interview time!

Quick question: is there a way to know the name of my interviewer before the interview? (My confirmation email only states time and location)

Thanks!

If you read through Sandy K's blog posts he has some information about which adcom members typically travel to which hub cities, but even if his info from previous years holds true this year you'd have (at best) a 1/2 or 1/3 chance of guessing correctly.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations to all candidates who received an interview invitation.
For those interested, our expert Kyle Watkins posted a wealth of interview tips and preparation resources:
https://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/hb ... nterviews/

Good luck !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
As I Notice from Dee's post on the blog on 25th Jan, she has not talked about number of interview invites in first wave and second wave . May be it is different from usual stats (600+200). Nevertheless, let's hope that there are lot more left ( one for each one of us) in the wave coming out on Wednesday
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
YumBeeA wrote:
As I Notice from Dee's post on the blog on 25th Jan, she has not talked about number of interview invites in first wave and second wave . May be it is different from usual stats (600+200). Nevertheless, let's hope that there are lot more left ( one for each one of us) in the wave coming out on Wednesday

How do you know about (600+200)?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
IloveChips wrote:
YumBeeA wrote:

How do you know about (600+200)?

Read through older blog posts on HBS admission blog. I believe these were the numbers in 2015 or 2014.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Erika, I don't believe Dee stated that majority this round that majority would be in the first wave - was this stated anywhere?

Blog says
"We will send out invitations in two waves. As I just said, Wave 1 is January 27. On February 3, we will send out more invitations (Wave 2) and also "release" the candidates who will not be moving forward to the interview stage."

Email says
"We expect that interview invitations will be issued in late January and early February. Interviews will be conducted in February and early March. All of the necessary details will be in the interview invitation."

[quote="SBCErikaOlson"]I think it is just as Dee stated... the majority went out yesterday, and the 2+2 invites plus a smaller number of "normal applicant" invites will go out on the third. I know this is an anxious time, but using what people report in various forums to determine... well, ANYTHING, is probably not a very solid strategy. All that matters is that it ain't over till it's over, so there is reason to keep hope alive!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
an4rchy wrote:
Congrats guys. A question to all the folks that got an interview invite: when did you guys submit your application? Was it day of deadline or long before. I was curious about the order they review the applications in. Also did you notice any change in status on the application page before the invite email.

I submitted about 30 minutes after the deadline and I didn't notice a change in status before the interview invite.
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I just reread her posts and you are correct! She didn't actually say that most would go out in Wave 1 -- I must have just been remembering that from past years (and even that might've just been RUMORS/SPECULATION I was remembering from past years). So now there's even MORE reason to keep hope alive for tomorrow! Thanks for pointing that out because I hate when other people make those kinds of mistakes and now here I go doing the same thing during a stressful time for everyone. Sincere apologies and best of luck!

silverforumsurf wrote:
Hi Erika, I don't believe Dee stated that majority this round that majority would be in the first wave - was this stated anywhere?

Blog says
"We will send out invitations in two waves. As I just said, Wave 1 is January 27. On February 3, we will send out more invitations (Wave 2) and also "release" the candidates who will not be moving forward to the interview stage."

Email says
"We expect that interview invitations will be issued in late January and early February. Interviews will be conducted in February and early March. All of the necessary details will be in the interview invitation."

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
I think it is just as Dee stated... the majority went out yesterday, and the 2+2 invites plus a smaller number of "normal applicant" invites will go out on the third. I know this is an anxious time, but using what people report in various forums to determine... well, ANYTHING, is probably not a very solid strategy. All that matters is that it ain't over till it's over, so there is reason to keep hope alive!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts