It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 08:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2015
Posts: 23

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 11:11
AV07wp wrote:
Got an interview! Good luck to everyone!


Congrats! Can you tell us about your profile?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2014
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.3
WE: Corporate Finance (Accounting)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 11:34
DING DING DING Congrats to everyone that got the invite!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2014
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: Singapore
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 11:40
dinged

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Oct 2015
Posts: 78

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 12:26
Congrats to everyone that received an interview invite! I've always been anti admissions consultants but I'm seriously debating if I should use one to help prepare me for my interview.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2016
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 12:35
Dinged :(

A little sad because it was my best essay.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2015
Posts: 23

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 12:37
Dinged!..lol we should just consolidate all these dinged posts

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2016
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 12:40
an4rchy wrote:
Dinged!..lol we should just consolidate all these dinged posts


Posting after getting dinged is our consolation prize.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2015
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 14:31
plasmabeam wrote:
an4rchy wrote:
Dinged!..lol we should just consolidate all these dinged posts


Posting after getting dinged is our consolation prize.



Also dinged :-(. For some reason it does make me feel a little better to share this ha...

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 14:43
tedlesher wrote:
plasmabeam wrote:
an4rchy wrote:
Dinged!..lol we should just consolidate all these dinged posts


Posting after getting dinged is our consolation prize.



Also dinged :-(. For some reason it does make me feel a little better to share this ha...

Hmm...let me try it too then. DINGED!

Darn it...it still hurts.....I guess I am just too old for HBS :-)

Congrats to everyone who got the invite and wish you all the best.

To all who got dinged - good things are waiting for you...tha path just doesnt go through HBS but the destination is still the same!

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2016
Posts: 112

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 26

Concentration: Real Estate
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 14:44
dinged. Not a huge shocker but the dream is over now.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 26

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2016
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 14:54
bimaldshah wrote:

Hmm...let me try it too then. DINGED!

Darn it...it still hurts.....I guess I am just too old for HBS :-)

Congrats to everyone who got the invite and wish you all the best.

To all who got dinged - good things are waiting for you...tha path just doesnt go through HBS but the destination is still the same!


How old are you? I am thinking age had something to do with my ding too. I am 32.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2016
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 14:55
mbahopeful89 wrote:
dinged. Not a huge shocker but the dream is over now.


Don't worry, I am sure the dream will happen through other school =)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 14:59
1
This post received
KUDOS
plasmabeam wrote:
bimaldshah wrote:

Hmm...let me try it too then. DINGED!

Darn it...it still hurts.....I guess I am just too old for HBS :-)

Congrats to everyone who got the invite and wish you all the best.

To all who got dinged - good things are waiting for you...tha path just doesnt go through HBS but the destination is still the same!


How old are you? I am thinking age had something to do with my ding too. I am 32.


I am 33 with a graduate degree in Engineering and 10 years of work experience (Typing this makes me feel like I am 50)

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 102

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Posts: 41

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 2

Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GRE 1: 323 Q157 V166
GRE 2: 327 Q160 V167
GRE 3: 329 Q163 V166
GPA: 3.72
WE: Law (Law)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 15:05
bimaldshah wrote:
How old are you? I am thinking age had something to do with my ding too. I am 32.


I'm 34; I will be 35 at time of matriculation. To H/S/W especially, age seems to be an issue. I got the ding from HBS today and I suspect Wharton and GSB will follow suit. (If/when that happens, I will of course blame it on my age, rather than any other potential defect in my application.)

I am getting a lot more love from PT/EMBA programs -- not surprisingly.

Congrats to all you young whippersnappers who got interviews today. :-) I guess I will take my cane and my hearing aid and go watch reruns of Matlock.

-OldManCrucial

"Old people love me!" -- Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2016
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 630 Q39 V37
GPA: 3.1
WE: Project Management (Military & Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 15:06
Let down softly with the DING status :oops: . Veteran applicant, prior Navy, radar technician, 28yrs old, mixed race African American and Caucasian.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 15:13
CrucialTaunt wrote:
bimaldshah wrote:
How old are you? I am thinking age had something to do with my ding too. I am 32.


I'm 34; I will be 35 at time of matriculation. To H/S/W especially, age seems to be an issue. I got the ding from HBS today and I suspect Wharton and GSB will follow suit. (If/when that happens, I will of course blame it on my age, rather than any other potential defect in my application.)

I am getting a lot more love from PT/EMBA programs -- not surprisingly.

Congrats to all you young whippersnappers who got interviews today. :-) I guess I will take my cane and my hearing aid and go watch reruns of Matlock.

-OldManCrucial

"Old people love me!" -- Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman


LOL....that cane and hearing aid thing made me laugh.

I too am waiting on GSB and Wharton. Somehow I am a little optimistic but cautious about Wharton.

PT/EMBA love 30+...looks like you have applied to Haas EWMBA which is great. I wish I had done that too.

Best of luck to you!

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 15:14
tfidy wrote:
Let down softly with the DING status :oops: . Veteran applicant, prior Navy, radar technician, 28yrs old, mixed race African American and Caucasian.


Wow.....I am surprised that they dinged you with your background. But you might be done for by your GMAT and GPA.

"tfidy" is a cool name....stay away from the Loch ness monstor.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2016
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 15:22
CrucialTaunt wrote:
bimaldshah wrote:
How old are you? I am thinking age had something to do with my ding too. I am 32.


I'm 34; I will be 35 at time of matriculation. To H/S/W especially, age seems to be an issue. I got the ding from HBS today and I suspect Wharton and GSB will follow suit. (If/when that happens, I will of course blame it on my age, rather than any other potential defect in my application.)

I am getting a lot more love from PT/EMBA programs -- not surprisingly.

Congrats to all you young whippersnappers who got interviews today. :-) I guess I will take my cane and my hearing aid and go watch reruns of Matlock.

-OldManCrucial

"Old people love me!" -- Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman


Loved your cane and hearing aid comment =) Good luck to you!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2015
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 17:26
Does anyone have 2-3 videos that show a full class at harvard?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Aug 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
WE: Research (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 18:06
DING from HBS....over it!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 03 Feb 2016, 18:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43    Next  [ 854 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: ydmuley, OasisGC, aeropower, aerien



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.