Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 20:56 It is currently 11 May 2024, 20:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.46
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3627 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Habsolute wrote:
Just so people know it's begun -- just got an invite.

I had been deferred from rd 1, for context. Between my hasty (and somewhat justified given some personal circumstances) application in round 1, I jumped from a 640 to a 740. (Q48; V44 - 740). I can't tell whether THAT made the difference or whether it's my differentiated profile. (I'm dead serious.)

Anyway, this is just the first step.

Good luck to everyone else!

Edit: Oh, and my exact time of receipt was 12:16pm. I'm sure they're still coming in.

Congratulations on the invite. I am curious about your GMAT increase. You applied to HBS in R1 with 640 and then your GMAT jumped to 740. Did you send the updated score to HBS after your application submission? If yes, then it is a bit weird that they considered your new score as it is not per HBS' policies as mentioned in https://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/appli ... icies.aspx

Good luck for the interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Hey All,

Just got an interview invite at 12:16pm. I was deferred R1. I come from a slightly non-conventional background so I'm sure they wanted to compare me against the other non-traditional R2ers out there.

I agree with earlier sentiment about the professionalism of HBS admissions. They've set the bar phenomenally high.

Best of luck everyone. I know the process is super stressful, but if you've put your best foot forward and are applying to schools in your range, I'm sure it will work out!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Did every applicant submit their official GMAT report to Harvard when applying?

I did not send my official report, and I wasn't contacted to submit it. I wonder if this is an issue.

As a side note, I don't have a checkmark next to "Application Proof" in the Applicant Status page - it's a weird cache image.

Anyone else?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q163 V170
GPA: 3.01
WE:Science (Health Care)
Send PM
thepoet wrote:

I did not send my official report, and I wasn't contacted to submit it. I wonder if this is an issue.

As a side note, I don't have a checkmark next to "Application Proof" in the Applicant Status page - it's a weird cache image.

Anyone else?

The website said "Every applicant must request that Pearson (for the GMAT) or ETS (for the GRE) send an official score report directly to HBS."

I think it wasn't worth risking not to send the official score.
thepoet wrote:

Anyone else?

I just checked my application, and i too have the weird cache image. Is that bad news? lol
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aaaty wrote:
thepoet wrote:

Anyone else?

The website said "Every applicant must request that Pearson (for the GMAT) or ETS (for the GRE) send an official score report directly to HBS."

"The exception to this is that you need to send us official GMAT or GRE score reports, if you haven't done so already. Again, we will contact you if we do not receive them - and we will begin to review your application with the self-reported scores."

From the application confirmation.

Yes - totally the dumbest thing to do, and not send it. Based on this though, they should have contacted if anything, no?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aaaty wrote:
thepoet wrote:

Anyone else?

"The exception to this is that you need to send us official GMAT or GRE score reports, if you haven't done so already. Again, we will contact you if we do not receive them - and we will begin to review your application with the self-reported scores."

From the application confirmation.

Yes - totally the dumbest thing to do, and not send it. Based on this though, they should have contacted if anything, no?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
I received an interview invite and I also have the weird cached image next to "Cached Application," so I don't think should be an issue.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Congrats guys. A question to all the folks that got an interview invite: when did you guys submit your application? Was it day of deadline or long before. I was curious about the order they review the applications in. Also did you notice any change in status on the application page before the invite email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 102
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
228 people have applied to R2 (as per the GmatClub stats) but only 10 have updated their profile to "Invited for Interview". Either HBS didn't send enough invites out or people with invites are off celebrating (I hope it's the former).

Congrats to all the applicants who got invited. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 2 Interviews
Greetings from Dillon House. If we had treadmill desks, we'd all be logging in marathon miles. Happily, we have a lot of applications to keep us busy for the next few weeks.

Here's our plan for interview invitations:

• Interview invitations will go out in two waves: January 27 and February 3
  • All candidates not being invited to interview will receive notice of their release on February 3
  • All 2+2 candidates will receive an invitation or be released on February 3
  • Interviews will take place between February 11 and March 4
  • Campus Interview Days will offer opportunities for class visits, student and faculty panels, and campus tours
  • Hub cities this round are:
    • London, Paris, Mumbai, Dubai, Tokyo, Menlo Park, and NYC

Detailed information will be included in the interview invitation!

Back to work,

Dee
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 2 Interview Invitations
Greetings to all of you. This post is, quite frankly, not a news flash, but more like a reminder of what we’ve said before. We’re moving along here and the plan is to send out the first wave of interview invitations on Wednesday, January 27. Our plan is for this first wave to be released at 12:00 noon Boston time.

Invitations will include detailed instructions about the sign-up process and our Campus Interview Days. Remember, where you choose to interview has no bearing on the evaluation process - all of our interviews are conducted by members of the Admissions Board. If you choose to interview in a hub city, you are still warmly invited to come to campus and attend the activities we plan for the day.

We will send out invitations in two waves. As I just said, Wave 1 is January 27. On February 3, we will send out more invitations (Wave 2) and also release the candidates who will not be moving forward to the interview stage. Please note that all 2+2 interview invitations will go out in this second wave on February 3.

Please don’t send any additional materials to us. We consider applications complete at the time of submission and we will not be adding information to anyone’s file.

I do know that this stage is hard - the waiting - but please channel your energy into good deeds or work or family - or a million other things besides sending things to us!

Dee
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: HBS '18 (S)
Send PM
Hi, congrats for those invited! (I wasn't)

Could anyone share the available interview place and date in Asia so that I can schedule before Feb 3?
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I received an invite today; pretty surreal.

27/Irish/Tech
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools: HBS '18 (II)
Send PM
invite!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Congrats to all those who got their invite. For the rest, we'll be hopeful till the 3rd. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
an4rchy wrote:
Congrats guys. A question to all the folks that got an interview invite: when did you guys submit your application? Was it day of deadline or long before. I was curious about the order they review the applications in. Also did you notice any change in status on the application page before the invite email.

I submitted mine the day of the deadline and did not notice any change in the status on the application page before the invite email.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts