[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "184_school_count"
Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 : Harvard - Page 15
Last visit was: 24 Jul 2024, 12:47 It is currently 24 Jul 2024, 12:47
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8918 [0]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10213 [0]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1443 [0]
Given Kudos: 583
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ViviLee wrote:
anyone can share how to prepare for HBS application? do you guys know about "Application Lab"? Is it useful?

In a nutshell it needs to be a heartfelt personal journey that also demonstrates leadership. For my clients I generally center it around a key transformation in their life so that we can repurpose it for Stanford. It requires a lot of introspection.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Send PM
Hi a random question here.... applied to HBX CORe program many years ago but didn’t follow through to finish. would that hurt the chances to apply for hbs?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 973 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
xiyue123 wrote:
Hi a random question here.... applied to HBX CORe program many years ago but didn’t follow through to finish. would that hurt the chances to apply for hbs?

Just if I understand it right, do you mean the HBS Adcom will check if that happened or not?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Send PM
Kudos
yeah

if i don’t actively disclose that. would they know/care?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
xiyue123 wrote:
if i don’t actively disclose that. would they know/care?

Generally speaking, it should not happen. Application is self reported and I don’t think anyone mentions anything they didn’t finish
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I noticed that there is no forum where people volunteer to practice mock HBS interviews with each other.
Please let me know if anyone is interested in practice that in the next 3-4 days.

Best.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Happy to provide a platform for free if that helps anyone! Feel free to reach out. It certainly is exciting and scary at the same time to have received an interview invite and practicing without professional feedback. Can certainly provide our tools to prepare if anyone needs it.
HBS and Wharton Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.98
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Hi All,

While we eagerly await R1 decisions in just under a month, please take the time to update your decision tracker and interview debriefs. GMATClub has been so helpful to all of us, but the data only stays current if we all contribute!

Here is the link to the decision tracker: https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... ake_year=0

Here is the link to the interview debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/harvard-184/ ... brief.html

Thank you all, and best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
< 1 mo to go
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Great initiative, hoping this helps people personalize their stories though. Not sure how the adcoms have felt about those essays coz this is new. Let’s see. I do believe that this helps people from low income backgrounds as does MBA Conquerors with need based aid! Good luck y’all. We are always rooting for the talent to make it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools: Booth '26
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hi All. I have my GMAT online exam scheduled for tomorrow morning.
I wanted to know if we can send out our score to schools well after the exam (let us say after couple of days) free of cost or we have to choose schools then and there? I know we can send afterwards but it costs some amount. But for sending the scores free, do we have to submit schools then and there?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
mbaessays wrote:
I have just launched a GPT agent to help MBA applicants write world-class essays. The model was trained using essays from successful candidates who were accepted into top MBA programs, including Harvard, Stanford GSB, and INSEAD – with more to come soon. My goal is to give everyone with amazing backgrounds or stories a fair chance in their applications. As always, I welcome your feedback. Happy writing! https://chat.openai.com/g/g-CI2Gfd5dI-mba-essays

This is a great initiative. Thanks so much for this. Now comes a wonder, do schools think using AI to help crafting essay as a misdoings? Because all these time we always be encouraged to be authentic and be ourselves even when it comes to a wording selections
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
arieframadhanm wrote:
mbaessays wrote:
I have just launched a GPT agent to help MBA applicants write world-class essays. The model was trained using essays from successful candidates who were accepted into top MBA programs, including Harvard, Stanford GSB, and INSEAD – with more to come soon. My goal is to give everyone with amazing backgrounds or stories a fair chance in their applications. As always, I welcome your feedback. Happy writing! https://chat.openai.com/g/g-CI2Gfd5dI-mba-essays

This is a great initiative. Thanks so much for this. Now comes a wonder, do schools think using AI to help crafting essay as a misdoings? Because all these time we always be encouraged to be authentic and be ourselves even when it comes to a wording selections

Many applications include certifications that AI as not used in any form to assist in the crafting of essays. For example, the HBS application includes a "Statement of Application Authenticity" stating that "I hereby certify that all parts of my written application, including the essay, short answers, and resume, are authored solely by me and not by a third party nor created by generative artificial intelligence or machine learning software" to which the applicant must check a box to acknowledge.

Be very careful in which resources you choose to employ as you craft your application products.
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [3]
Send PM