GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2019, 10:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IIM Bangalore EPGP Applicants:(2020 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: IIMB
Re: Calling all IIM Bangalore EPGP Applicants:(2020 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2019, 19:57
A lot of you have asked me about creating effective SOPs. Here is an article that lists some of the key points you should remember while drafting your essay.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/statemen ... a-goswami/
G
GMAT 1: 580 Q43 V27
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all IIM Bangalore EPGP Applicants:(2020 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2019, 20:37
LeoN88 wrote:
vidur wrote:
Hello ,

I will be having 13 years of experience by this July , working in IT - as a SAP Senior Consultant , I was planning to apply to one year IIM courses, but IIM B mentions that EPGP accepts candidates with preferably less than 12 years experience , is 12 years a hard cut off ?

Thanks

Hello vidur,

Here's my observation-
1. As you see I've shared the current batch profile in the 1st post. We have students with 15 years of work experience, so I don't see that as a problem.
Also: https://www.iimb.ac.in/programmes/execu ... ch-profile
Max age of the participants is 41 years.

2. However in the webinar (Check the snapshot) they mentioned that the program caters best to candidates with 5-12 years of work experience. For people more than 12 year of work experience they have another executive program.

Attachment:
Capture.PNG

I encourage you to drop an email (or call) and clarify with the admission team, they repeatedly mentioned that they'll provide any sort of assistance- so do reach out. At the end it all boils down to why MBA and why now? If you can convince them nothing can stop you.

Hi vidur
I attended one session in 2015(due to my personal reasons i dropped my MBA plans and never attended any sessions after that). It was good to know few alumni who were among first to graduate from IIMB(EPGP). They did mention that IIMB prefers candidates with 5-12 experience but considers people with more experience also. I believe it is still that way that people with more than 12 years of experience would have less chances to changes industries(they all stressed on that).

PS: My mail box still receives promo emails from IIMB.

GMATPREP1 590(Q48,V23) March 6, 2019
GMATPREP2 610(Q44,V29) June 10, 2019
GMATPREPSoft1 680(Q48,V35) June 26, 2019
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 22:30
hi on the website it says program will start from October 2019 and end on 08 Aug, 20 , where as round 2 end date is in November? DO they start program in between Round 2 gets over ?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 2.33

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 23:37
Hello everyboady.

Varun here. I have 8.5 years of experience in Enterprise Mobile app development in various domains. I am planning to apply for IIM B EPGP R1.
The roles I aspire for are of Program manager/Product Owner . I want to know if EPGP is a good bet for a role like that.Do the Product firms/startups hire a candidate with a pre-dominantly dev experience for PM/PO roles .
Does the course curriculum / clubs of the institute help a candidate to have a successful transition to the PM/PO roles.
Would be great if some one could answer.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2019, 01:38
I am Abhinav . The following is a brief summary of my profile :-

GMAT : 710 ( Q50 , V36)

Under Graduation Discipline & Percentage :- Petroleum Engineering ( 74.6%)

University :- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University

Work Experience : 5 years 9 months ( As on March 31st , 2020 ) . I have been a part of the projects department for a period 3 years and currently in the technical operations department.

Company : Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation LNG ( State PSU)

Post MBA objectives :- To be in a general management or operation management function.

The following are my queries :-

1)Given that the average work ex at IIMB EPGP is 7 years 6 months . Would my low work ex be a major hindrance in my chances of getting an admit ?

2)I am currently pursuing the PMP certification , but am not sure whether i will be able to appear for the exam before the IIMB deadline , would mentioning that am pursuing the course or have booked my exam date carry any weight in my application ?

PLEASE HELP
Abhinav
ISB School Moderator
G
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2019, 04:58
abhinav2892 wrote:

Work Experience : 5 years 9 months ( As on March 31st , 2020 ) . I have been a part of the projects department for a period 3 years and currently in the technical operations department.

1)Given that the average work ex at IIMB EPGP is 7 years 6 months . Would my low work ex be a major hindrance in my chances of getting an admit ?

2)I am currently pursuing the PMP certification , but am not sure whether i will be able to appear for the exam before the IIMB deadline , would mentioning that am pursuing the course or have booked my exam date carry any weight in my application ?

PLEASE HELP
Abhinav

#1, IIMB will consider your candidacy iff this criteria is satisfied. So, you and I(7+ years of work experience) are on the same boat.

#2, IMO it completely depends on how you project your PMP story and play it to your advantage, you have to take that call/risk. I recommend you talk to an expert regarding this. (Tagging Tridisha1 )

For profile evaluation: https://gmatclub.com/forum/hi-please-ev ... 6-300.html

GMAT Math Book

-I never wanted what I gave up
I never gave up what I wanted-
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2019, 05:03
abhinav2892 wrote:
I am Abhinav . The following is a brief summary of my profile :-

GMAT : 710 ( Q50 , V36)

Under Graduation Discipline & Percentage :- Petroleum Engineering ( 74.6%)

University :- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University

Company : Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation LNG ( State PSU)

Post MBA objectives :- To be in a general management or operation management function.

The following are my queries :-

PLEASE HELP
Abhinav

abhinav2892

This topic is for applicants only. Please post your profile evaluation in the following topic. Also, go through how some of the profiles were evaluated in the following link. That will give you a rough idea.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/hi-please-ev ... 18736.html
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 2.33

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2019, 07:46
Hello all,
Help needed!!
I have entered the details of the referee in the IIMB EPGP form and the status is that the 'email has been sent to referee'
But the email has not been received by him. The Spam box is also empty.
Has anyone faced the same situation before.
Also is there a template of the LoR for IIM B?
Thanks in advance!!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2019, 21:22
Hi Varun,

You should email/call the admissions office during working hours.

Regards,
Tridisha

varun0304 wrote:
Hello all,
Help needed!!
I have entered the details of the referee in the IIMB EPGP form and the status is that the 'email has been sent to referee'
Thanks in advance!!

B
Schools: IIMB (II)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2019, 04:37
Hi , what does one fill up in the publication column, can anyone give an example

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2019, 06:26
The publication column is for Scientific Journal publications or any other publication of your work.

raul1706 wrote:
Hi , what does one fill up in the publication column, can anyone give an example

S
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 11:17
I was reading about reservation for epgp program on IIMB site. They have mentioned that "The Institute will follow reservation for EWS, NC-OBC, SC, ST and PWD in accordance with the
law."

I just wanted to know is there any specific gmat score for schedule caste people? Moreover, is there any fee concession?Tridisha1?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 20:25
Caste reservations have been introduced only from this year's admissions and hence there is not much clarity on how it will span out. In my opinion, relaxation if any, will NOT be substantial, since the program competes with many Global MBA programs and wants to maintain its rankings.

Regards,
Tridisha

cantaffordname wrote:
I was reading about reservation for epgp program on IIMB site. They have mentioned that "The Institute will follow reservation for EWS, NC-OBC, SC, ST and PWD in accordance with the
law."

I just wanted to know is there any specific gmat score for schedule caste people? Moreover, is there any fee concession?Tridisha1?

B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 08:40
For SOP of IIMB EPGP, my SOP has 638 words including all Spaces!.Is this fine or should I bring it to 600 words strictly?

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IIMA , IIMC , IIM
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
WE: Project Management (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 09:32
Hi,
Does IIM B allow re-application in the same year ?
If I apply in R1 , can i re-apply in R2 ?
ISB School Moderator
G
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 19:33
vibhash wrote:
Hi,
Does IIM B allow re-application in the same year ?
If I apply in R1 , can i re-apply in R2 ?

Candidates found applying in both rounds will be disqualified from further process of selection.

https://www.iimb.ac.in/sites/default/fi ... 8-2019.pdf

GMAT Math Book

-I never wanted what I gave up
I never gave up what I wanted-
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2019, 20:13
The word limit is restricted to 600 words and you should stick to it.

Regards,
Tridisha

Kavyashreemn wrote:
For SOP of IIMB EPGP, my SOP has 638 words including all Spaces!.Is this fine or should I bring it to 600 words strictly?

B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2019, 23:28
@tridisha
Thank you ?

Intern
Intern
Schools: Foster '21

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2019, 13:24
Hello all,
Help needed!!
Thanks

Said Oxford School Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Reviews Badge
Calling all IIM Bangalore EPGP Applicants:(2020 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2019, 01:22
Hi,

I aim to apply in Round 1. I was wondering if there are any clubs in IIMB which a student can join to hone leadership and consulting skills? Also clubs that encourage long distance running and triathlons. I was surprised by the limited information provided in the brochure.

Regards,
Murty.
Calling all IIM Bangalore EPGP Applicants:(2020 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 22 Aug 2019, 01:22

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 63 posts ] 

Calling all IIM Bangalore EPGP Applicants:(2020 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status