Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:20 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 354 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: ISB '16 (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT Date: 02-03-2014
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply. Have been out of town for a few days. Congrats to all the call getters. Others do not give up, you still have many days.

Call getters, start off with the isb preparation kit in my signature. It contains all the debriefs from this year. Links about interview preparation. Let me know if you need additional help.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Revenge2014 wrote:
Got invite for the interview. But mail says 'Due to unavailability of panelists we will be scheduling your interview over the weekends of Jan 31 or Feb 7 in Hyderabad. or in Mumbai'.
Anyone on the same boat?

Also, I am bit nervous as I was not sure if I will get the call !
Ankur : Help needed dude ! Tell me what al to cover up ? I need to convert this anyhow :cry:

Any particular dress code to follow :lol:

Go through the isb preparation kit it contains all the links.
Dress up in a suit. That is the best. I think the kit has a link about this also :)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
seemabhandari wrote:

Thanks Ankur! you've already been a great help. read through the entire thread and your dedication to this is really appreciated.
Also, congrats on the Tepper admit! :-D

Thanks a lot. Let me know if you need any info
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, Healthcare
Schools: ISB '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Got the interview invite today for 31st January, Hyderabad. My preferred interview location was Bangalore. So Bangalore people don't lose hope yet. You still have time.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [0]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
srn23 wrote:
Got the interview invite today for 31st January, Hyderabad. My preferred interview location was Bangalore. So Bangalore people don't lose hope yet. You still have time.

All the best for the IV.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
Got call. Opted for Delhi. Panelists in delhi dont want to interview me. Gave an option for Mohali/ Hyderabad between 2 and 9th of Feb. Can I choose Mohali, does that mean I can choose date aslo?

Somebody please enlighten me!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.44
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
ankurgupta03 wrote:
sahilkakkar wrote:
Got an interview invite on 31st Jan.
Venue : Delhi

Congrats on the invite :)
Random information: Just noticed you have joined GMAT Club before me :)

Thanks a lot ankur.
Yeah became a member soon after completing my under-graduation. But was a silent member then. Just look at the number of your posts ... amazing!!

Your contribution to this club is immense and not to mention the contribution to the ISB thread.
I just wonder what would have happened if everyone on this hub mentioned your name during their interview in some context. (where did you hear this about ISB or who motivated you to apply or any other question). Maybe then they would realise what they have lost :wink:
I have just heard so many people thanking you on this ISB forum. It is just awesome man.
You know what even I am going to thank you if I get in. (I don't know why but it is always conditional) :roll:
Ah what the heck thanks man for all your hard work. I am getting to use most of it now before the interview.

And of course, congrats for your Tepper admit.
I think I wished you before but not sure. :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Know more about the Learning Weekends at YLP
Charting out the right career path is a daunting task for any young dreamer. Harbouring a general idea of the career one wants to pursue is one thing, but knowing how best to create a successful career needs expert assistance from the industry. The Young Leaders Programme (YLP) at ISB bridges the gap between ambitious dreams and reality with guidance and mentoring from experts. This one-of-a-kind programme identifies potential and cultivates leadership capabilities at the right stage of education.

Engineered to accelerate career growth, YLP helps hone future business leaders through structured learning curriculum, mentoring and networking. The programme specifically focuses on undergraduates, training them and providing them the opportunity to be part of one of the country’s most privileged programmes for aspiring managers.

One aspect that sets this leadership programme apart from the others is intensive Learning Weekends. The four sessions of Learning Weekends, conducted once in six months, form the essence of the programme, providing students an insight to what a B-school education requires. Students develop the right thought processes to enhance corporate problem solving abilities in these classes. Their awareness of career options and opportunities is improved upon to ensure that they make better decisions.

At YLP Learning Weekends, experts across domains mentor and counsel students, steering them towards the right career moves. They help students identify and heighten leadership potential. Key skills for managers such communication, presentation and relationship management are also focused on during these sessions. Additionally, students can benefit from networking with their peers, setting up the foundation for successful careers.

The Learning Weekend modules require students to submit assignments which are evaluated by faculty. Based on the evaluation, students are provided feedback. Evaluation summaries are maintained for every student after each module to keep a growth record. This facilitates identification of scope for development for students.

With Learning Weekends, YLP ensures that aspiring leaders enjoy better clarity and sense of direction with respect to their careers.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
FROM ISB PGP Admissions Director Blog: Know more about the Learning Weekends at YLP
Charting out the right career path is a daunting task for any young dreamer. Harbouring a general idea of the career one wants to pursue is one thing, but knowing how best to create a successful career needs expert assistance from the industry. The Young Leaders Programme (YLP) at ISB bridges the gap between ambitious dreams and reality with guidance and mentoring from experts. This one-of-a-kind programme identifies potential and cultivates leadership capabilities at the right stage of education.

Engineered to accelerate career growth, YLP helps hone future business leaders through structured learning curriculum, mentoring and networking. The programme specifically focuses on undergraduates, training them and providing them the opportunity to be part of one of the country’s most privileged programmes for aspiring managers.

One aspect that sets this leadership programme apart from the others is intensive Learning Weekends. The four sessions of Learning Weekends, conducted once in six months, form the essence of the programme, providing students an insight to what a B-school education requires. Students develop the right thought processes to enhance corporate problem solving abilities in these classes. Their awareness of career options and opportunities is improved upon to ensure that they make better decisions.

At YLP Learning Weekends, experts across domains mentor and counsel students, steering them towards the right career moves. They help students identify and heighten leadership potential. Key skills for managers such communication, presentation and relationship management are also focused on during these sessions. Additionally, students can benefit from networking with their peers, setting up the foundation for successful careers.

The Learning Weekend modules require students to submit assignments which are evaluated by faculty. Based on the evaluation, students are provided feedback. Evaluation summaries are maintained for every student after each module to keep a growth record. This facilitates identification of scope for development for students.

With Learning Weekends, YLP ensures that aspiring leaders enjoy better clarity and sense of direction with respect to their careers.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [5]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys done with the interview.
Interview location : ITC Grand Central, Mumbai.
Panel No. 1.
26th January.
Interviewing just a day after your birthday sucks :cry:

One word essay topic- Surrealism. Do a google search of the word to find out what we would have felt at that time. Everyone managed to write something though :lol:

Panel members:- One lady (adcom member) and one gentleman( ISB Alum).
The interview was very conversational and relaxed.
Lots of questions on work experience and leadership examples.
Many questions asked about my NGO work.
One question on post MBA goal.
Asked them 2 questions over which we talked for about 10 minutes.
That's it!
Interview lasted for a good 40-45 minutes though. Almost no cross questioning.

:!: One pointer for the guys who are yet to interview - While narrating your stories, do not forget to put forward your learnings/lessons/results. They are interested in knowing what you learnt from the experiences you had in life more than anything else.

Walked out of the interview content after warm handshakes.
Still don't know what to make of it.
Valentines day couldn't come sooner! :kiss :wtf:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Interview location : ITC Grand Central, Mumbai.
Panel No. 7.
24th January.

One word essay topic- Artificial

Panel members:- One lady and two gentlemen

Very friendly environment. Got the usual questions of tell me about yourself, your post MBA goals and what do you want to do in life. How ISB will help and maximize learning experience.

Some questions on leading teams and management style. Got asked about my travel experiences and other hobbies I had mentioned in my application.

Questions on how to be a successful consultant and what are the most important qualities of a consultant.

Out of the blue question: Do you read? What do you read and how much do you read?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Revenge2014 wrote:
Got invite for the interview. But mail says 'Due to unavailability of panelists we will be scheduling your interview over the weekends of Jan 31 or Feb 7 in Hyderabad. or in Mumbai'.
Anyone on the same boat?

Also, I am bit nervous as I was not sure if I will get the call !
Ankur : Help needed dude ! Tell me what al to cover up ? I need to convert this anyhow :cry:

Any particular dress code to follow :lol:

Here is the post for the dresscode:

calling-all-isb-applicants-2015-intake-class-of-170219-280.html#p1423677
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT Date: 08-28-2014
GPA: 3.86
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone,

Yesterday i received a call informing my interview for Second Round.
It is a matter of surprise that I got a call despite Low GMAT (GMAT 620).
In order to get admitted i need to nailed the interview at any cost but problem is that I am out of India, & won't be able to make upto India for interview because of project work & Visa.

Need your guidance in this situation

Regards
LS
Retired Moderator
Send PM
lastshot wrote:
Hello everyone,

Yesterday i received a call informing my interview for Second Round.
It is a matter of surprise that I got a call despite Low GMAT (GMAT 620).
In order to get admitted i need to nailed the interview at any cost but problem is that I am out of India, & won't be able to make upto India for interview because of project work & Visa.

Need your guidance in this situation

Regards
LS

Have you received an in person invite?
You can always mail the ISB people and tell them about your position, they can arrange for a Skype Interview.
Regarding the preparation, go through the ISB Preparation Kit in my signature, you will find useful material to start off.
If you have any specific questions, let me know.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Send PM
What is the word limit or time limit or both for the writing assessment ?
Does the essay get discussed in interview ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kudos
ankurgupta03,

Quick question on the top of my mind, what is the percentage of students that are invited to interview and the percentage of interviewed students that receive an offer?

Thanks !
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rocky10 wrote:
What is the word limit or time limit or both for the writing assessment ?
Does the essay get discussed in interview ?

I think 20 minutes and one side of the page.
I doubt they would mind at all even if you ask for extra time also :) There is not strictness on the essay part.

Regarding the discussion, I do not think it is discussed in the interview. It is just a sanity test for your writing skills
I have appeared twice for the interview and the essay was not discussed.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  38   39   40   41   42   43   44  ...  51   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts