Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools: ISB '18
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Hey.. has anyone uploaded photo in ISB application in pdf format? I have my photo in jpeg & converted into pdf by MS word? But it seems weird that full page contains small photo... someone please help
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools: ISB '18
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
Urgent help!!

Stuck in my application!! Could anyone suggest what needs to be done here?

1. Upload documents:
The application inspector says that this section is incomplete while I have validated the section at-least 5 times to confirm if I am missing on any document. All the documents have been uploaded but still it says "Incomplete"!!!! ;(

2. Experience details: I have mentioned my internship details under part time experience but even then I am not able to save the application !!!

Application Status

The following information is not complete.

Experience Information (Employment From Date with XXX is in conflict with Others, Employment To Date with XXX is in conflict with Others)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Is there anyone with a score of less than 700 who got through.

I have 690 in GMAT. I am worried that this is low. I think I might be called for interview because of my Acads and extra curricular and work experience.

However, I would really like to talk to someone who got through with a score of less than 700.
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Send PM
rukna wrote:

I have 690 in GMAT. I am worried that this is low. I think I might be called for interview because of my Acads and extra curricular and work experience.

However, I would really like to talk to someone who got through with a score of less than 700.

Hey, if "got through" means got an interview call then I was also shortlisted at 640. Almost same story as yours (more dependent on profile). 690 ain't that bad as it seems..just give your best shot through well articulated essays.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
longfellow wrote:
Urgent help!!

Stuck in my application!! Could anyone suggest what needs to be done here?

1. Upload documents:
The application inspector says that this section is incomplete while I have validated the section at-least 5 times to confirm if I am missing on any document. All the documents have been uploaded but still it says "Incomplete"!!!! ;(

2. Experience details: I have mentioned my internship details under part time experience but even then I am not able to save the application !!!

Application Status

The following information is not complete.

Experience Information (Employment From Date with XXX is in conflict with Others, Employment To Date with XXX is in conflict with Others)

Please let me know whether the issue is resolved, I have just submitted my application today for R2. Click on preview application and check all the details. Also you might be missing some document, I suppose the actual missing file will be shown under submit application section. PM me, if you need any help.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
himanshu1387 wrote:
Hey.. has anyone uploaded photo in ISB application in pdf format? I have my photo in jpeg & converted into pdf by MS word? But it seems weird that full page contains small photo... someone please help

Use the link https://online2pdf.com/ and Under preferences select "Image-to-PDF". For the box image size, select Fit image to page automatically and click on convert, you should be good.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi
What are the recommendation questions this time? Can some one please help?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Finance Club at ISB – The Year the was

ISB Finance Club

Indian School of Business’ Finance Club is a student –driven club that provides students with channels to learn and offer opportunities to develop their management skills. The club from time-to-time organizes events to educate its members about various aspects of the financial world.

Through the events such as Artha, Industry trek and iAlpha it help its members to decide whether a career in financial management or banking is right for them and to provide members with the training, tools and networking  necessary to help them secure jobs in financial institutions.

The best part is that the students learn from the leading industry experts and also from each other as part of the club and the events.

Club Activities

The Finance club through its various finance-related initiatives generates awareness throughout the ISB student community. It addresses a wide variety of finance-related concerns, particularly about investment banking, stock market trading, and hedge funding and corporate finance.

Artha

Artha, ISB Capital Markets Conclave, is the annual flagship event of the ISB Finance Club and it brings together leaders of the industry, policy makers and academia for interactive discussions. The idea behind it is to help the students to develop perspectives. This year it was held on 17th Oct at ITC Parel in Mumbai, India’s Financial Capital. The agenda for this year was Emergence of India as a “Break Out Nation.”

The conclave was attended by Mr PJ Nayak, Mr Sanjay Nayar, Harshvardhan (Bain & Co.), Vikram Limaye (MD&CEO, IDFC), Giri Jadeja (Head, IFC), Shankar Narayanan (Carlyle), Vish Narain (TPG Growth), Amay Hattangadi (Morgan Stanlay), Nilesh Shah (Kotak Mahindra) and Prashanth Prakash (Accel Partners) amongst others.

The discussions delved upon digital banking, financial inclusion and the role of microfinance and PMJDY. The panel also discussed innovation in order to attract private and public capital into emerging markets. It touched upon the impact, of Greek crisis, sluggish growth in China and improvement in US markets, can have on trade and investment in India. The third and fourth panels talked about Capital Markets and the Way forward for Sunrise sector in India respectively.

Finance Industry trek

Finance Industry trek, is a student initiative by the Finance Club. This year it commenced on Aug 14. As part of trek – a delegation of ISB comprising 56 students, 5 professors and 4 ISB employees visited 26 major Private Equity, Venture Capital and Investment Banks.

The delegation visited leading industry I-bankers and PE players. Among I-Bankers were Vikram Mago (VP, JM Financials), Mr. Manian (VP, Yes Bank IB), Divyesh Dalal (Indian Head, HSBC IB), Amit Pachisia (APV, ClearWater Capital), Narain Sankaran (CIO, ICICI Pru AMC), Gaurav Gupta (Stan Chart), Kaushal Shah (Senior VP, Kotak IB), Aashish Bhinde (Ex Director, Avendus), Aamit Joshi (MD, Lincoln) and Nikhil Shrivastava (Ambit). Among leading PE players were Rakhi Prasad (Director, Matrix Partners), Sridhar (Principal, Matrix Partners), Jayshree (VP, Khazanah), Amit Jain (Principal, Blackstone), Aditya Arora (GEF), Gladys (Apax), Vikram Gupta (Founder, Ivy Cap), Deepak Mittal (VP, Samara) and Abhinav Jain (Director, Gaja Capital).

The result was that students learnt about the industry and got a better understanding about the deal cycle and how to create value for the end customer (identifying the unicorn). For students who lacked proper finance background, this was an eye-opener of sorts.

iAlpha

iAlpha, is a student-run investment fund/ student-run hedge fund. Co2016 pledged a sum of INR 1.3mm. The team conducted teach-in sessions, where they educated the members about basics of the capital markets and explained how to filter stocks and shared pointers as to how used to analyse the stock market. The team also explained investment rationale behind the stocks.

The highlight of the initiative was the “Value Investing Conference” that was held in Mumbai. It was attended by a very distinguished panel that comprised such as Ramesh Damani, Raamdeo Aggarwal, Chetan Parikh, Sanjoy Bhattacharya, Siddharth Mukherjee and Akash Prakash. The panel debated on how to find the moats of a business and distinguish them from the fake ones. The second panel discussed on the exit time of a stock. During the event, the students interacted with the industry veterans over dinner.

iAlpha team also managed “Real Returns”, a stock simulation event at Advaita, that got an overwhelming international response from the B-schools across the globe. The event comprised of evaluating stocks from both financial and strategic perspective and giving recommendations on how to manage a portfolio.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
FROM ISB PGP Admissions Director Blog: Finance Club at ISB – The Year the was

ISB Finance Club

Indian School of Business’ Finance Club is a student –driven club that provides students with channels to learn and offer opportunities to develop their management skills. The club from time-to-time organizes events to educate its members about various aspects of the financial world.

Through the events such as Artha, Industry trek and iAlpha it help its members to decide whether a career in financial management or banking is right for them and to provide members with the training, tools and networking  necessary to help them secure jobs in financial institutions.

The best part is that the students learn from the leading industry experts and also from each other as part of the club and the events.

Club Activities

The Finance club through its various finance-related initiatives generates awareness throughout the ISB student community. It addresses a wide variety of finance-related concerns, particularly about investment banking, stock market trading, and hedge funding and corporate finance.

Artha

Artha, ISB Capital Markets Conclave, is the annual flagship event of the ISB Finance Club and it brings together leaders of the industry, policy makers and academia for interactive discussions. The idea behind it is to help the students to develop perspectives. This year it was held on 17th Oct at ITC Parel in Mumbai, India’s Financial Capital. The agenda for this year was Emergence of India as a “Break Out Nation.”

The conclave was attended by Mr PJ Nayak, Mr Sanjay Nayar, Harshvardhan (Bain & Co.), Vikram Limaye (MD&CEO, IDFC), Giri Jadeja (Head, IFC), Shankar Narayanan (Carlyle), Vish Narain (TPG Growth), Amay Hattangadi (Morgan Stanlay), Nilesh Shah (Kotak Mahindra) and Prashanth Prakash (Accel Partners) amongst others.

The discussions delved upon digital banking, financial inclusion and the role of microfinance and PMJDY. The panel also discussed innovation in order to attract private and public capital into emerging markets. It touched upon the impact, of Greek crisis, sluggish growth in China and improvement in US markets, can have on trade and investment in India. The third and fourth panels talked about Capital Markets and the Way forward for Sunrise sector in India respectively.

Finance Industry trek

Finance Industry trek, is a student initiative by the Finance Club. This year it commenced on Aug 14. As part of trek – a delegation of ISB comprising 56 students, 5 professors and 4 ISB employees visited 26 major Private Equity, Venture Capital and Investment Banks.

The delegation visited leading industry I-bankers and PE players. Among I-Bankers were Vikram Mago (VP, JM Financials), Mr. Manian (VP, Yes Bank IB), Divyesh Dalal (Indian Head, HSBC IB), Amit Pachisia (APV, ClearWater Capital), Narain Sankaran (CIO, ICICI Pru AMC), Gaurav Gupta (Stan Chart), Kaushal Shah (Senior VP, Kotak IB), Aashish Bhinde (Ex Director, Avendus), Aamit Joshi (MD, Lincoln) and Nikhil Shrivastava (Ambit). Among leading PE players were Rakhi Prasad (Director, Matrix Partners), Sridhar (Principal, Matrix Partners), Jayshree (VP, Khazanah), Amit Jain (Principal, Blackstone), Aditya Arora (GEF), Gladys (Apax), Vikram Gupta (Founder, Ivy Cap), Deepak Mittal (VP, Samara) and Abhinav Jain (Director, Gaja Capital).

The result was that students learnt about the industry and got a better understanding about the deal cycle and how to create value for the end customer (identifying the unicorn). For students who lacked proper finance background, this was an eye-opener of sorts.

iAlpha

iAlpha, is a student-run investment fund/ student-run hedge fund. Co2016 pledged a sum of INR 1.3mm. The team conducted teach-in sessions, where they educated the members about basics of the capital markets and explained how to filter stocks and shared pointers as to how used to analyse the stock market. The team also explained investment rationale behind the stocks.

The highlight of the initiative was the “Value Investing Conference” that was held in Mumbai. It was attended by a very distinguished panel that comprised such as Ramesh Damani, Raamdeo Aggarwal, Chetan Parikh, Sanjoy Bhattacharya, Siddharth Mukherjee and Akash Prakash. The panel debated on how to find the moats of a business and distinguish them from the fake ones. The second panel discussed on the exit time of a stock. During the event, the students interacted with the industry veterans over dinner.

iAlpha team also managed “Real Returns”, a stock simulation event at Advaita, that got an overwhelming international response from the B-schools across the globe. The event comprised of evaluating stocks from both financial and strategic perspective and giving recommendations on how to manage a portfolio.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello All,

Just submitted my application. I have a question regarding work experience section. I have been working for the same company since I started working full time. I moved through different roles during this time.
In the application, I only wrote about latest designation and role, now the application pdf lists only one role as if I have been doing the same things forever.

I was not sure it will automatically create my resume from what I enter. And was under the impression that resume will be separately asked to be either uploaded or before an interview.

Please suggest guys.. I was too busy writing essays that I did not pay much attention to these details. :shock: :shock:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 354 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Application Submitted ! Fingers crossed now. Any one knows whats the timeline for interviews city wise? Last year they had specific interview invite dates for different cities.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
himanshu1387 wrote:

Just don't worry!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kunalarora23 wrote:
rukna wrote:

Hey, if "got through" means got an interview call then I was also shortlisted at 640. Almost same story as yours (more dependent on profile). 690 ain't that bad as it seems..just give your best shot through well articulated essays.

There are candidates selected with 630-640 in R1.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
WE:Project Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
In for R2, I too faced an issue with 'Incomplete' uploaded documents. I double, no quadruple checked - everything was fine. Best of luck to everyone else!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
No R2 Discussions? This thread is getting stale guys, we should start prepping for the interviews, let's start collaborating asap.

I have opted for the Skype interview, any idea what to expect and how to stand out considering am just an image on their laptop screens :P
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 102
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

From when can we expect interview calls for round 2? Any idea?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
akirah wrote:
Hello Everyone,

From when can we expect interview calls for round 2? Any idea?

akirah
I attended a seminar on application filling in the first week of Jan 2016. It was mentioned that interview calls will start in February first week and go on to till the end of February.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  41   42   43   44   45   46   47  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts