GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 23:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jul 2014
Posts: 173
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 00:51
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
Did anyone else’s heart stop when they saw that virtual chat email from Johnson? Haha


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Ha ha. I for a second thought it was an interview invite. Funny thing the email talked about coming deadline and need for early submission.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 48
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 2.4
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 07:17
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
Did anyone else’s heart stop when they saw that virtual chat email from Johnson? Haha


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Same.....
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 13:10
2
If Cornell sends me another webinar invite, I might shoot myself. My heart cannot take this.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 67
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 13:13
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
If Cornell sends me another webinar invite, I might shoot myself. My heart cannot take this.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Same...
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 30 May 2017
Posts: 66
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.23
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 13:33
1
The whole "rolling decisions" thing really adds a lot of anxiety to people's lives.
_________________

Veritas Prep 6/18/17 600 Q:38 V:35 IR:5
Veritas Prep 6/29/17 620 Q:43 V:33 IR:4
Manhattan 7/12/17 640 Q:42 V:35 IR:2.4
Veritas Prep 7/27/17 640 Q:41 V:37 IR:4
Manhattan 8/9/17 670 Q:44 V:37 IR:3
Veritas Prep 8/21/17 660 Q:45 V:36 IR:7
GMAT Prep 8/23/17 700 Q:47 V:38 IR:8
GMAT Prep 8/27/17 730 Q:49 V:40 IR:8
Veritas Prep 8/30/17 690 Q:47 V:37 IR:8

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Oct 2017
Posts: 4
Location: United States
Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Dec 2017, 09:47
Super excited!

Admitted on: 2017/12/06
Heard back via: Phone
Location: United States
GMAT: 750, Q47, V47
GPA: 3.5
WE: 60 months
Industry: Consulting
Decision Received on: 2017/12/06

Originally posted by holamundo on 06 Dec 2017, 13:47.
Last edited by holamundo on 12 Dec 2017, 09:47, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Feb 2016
Posts: 23
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 13:52
holamundo wrote:
Super excited!

Admitted on: 2017/12/06
Heard back via: Phone
Location: United States
GMAT: 750, Q47, V47
GPA: 3.5
WE: 60 months
Industry: Consulting
Decision Received on: 2017/12/06


When did you interview and is this for the 2 year program?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 67
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 14:20
1
Just got the call, accepted scholarship (not Park Fellowship)!

I attended LEAD event so anyone that attended should expect calls this week I guess.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 48
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 2.4
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 14:30
injineer wrote:
Just got the call, accepted scholarship (not Park Fellowship)!

I attended LEAD event so anyone that attended should expect calls this week I guess.


If you get invited to a LEAD event does that mean you are Accepted pending fellowship?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 67
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 14:33
builtok wrote:
injineer wrote:
Just got the call, accepted scholarship (not Park Fellowship)!

I attended LEAD event so anyone that attended should expect calls this week I guess.


If you get invited to a LEAD event does that mean you are Accepted pending fellowship?

No, the LEAD event is basically an interview plus group work evaluations. It's also an awesome way to showcase the school's program and lets you know if you'd be a good fit. I would assume most people invited get an offer though.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 14:43
Got the call and accepted with small merit scholarship


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 151
Location: United States (AZ)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 14:47
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
Got the call and accepted with small merit scholarship


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Congrats!!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 67
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 14:48
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
Got the call and accepted with small merit scholarship


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Congrats!
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 14:55
injineer wrote:
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
Got the call and accepted with small merit scholarship


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Congrats!


You for sure going to Johnson?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 67
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 14:58
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
injineer wrote:
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
Got the call and accepted with small merit scholarship


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Congrats!


You for sure going to Johnson?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Merit wasn't as high as I was hoping (Johnson is super pricey) so I really wanna hear back from the other schools.

That being said, program seems like a great fit for me personally. Johnson doesn't place as many people into tech as the other schools I'm looking at, but the name carries a lot of weight so it's a toss up.

What about you?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 15:05
injineer wrote:
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
injineer wrote:
[quote="PierrechonWerbecque"]Got the call and accepted with small merit scholarship


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Congrats!


You for sure going to Johnson?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Merit wasn't as high as I was hoping (Johnson is super pricey) so I really wanna hear back from the other schools.

That being said, program seems like a great fit for me personally. Johnson doesn't place as many people into tech as the other schools I'm looking at, but the name carries a lot of weight so it's a toss up.

What about you?[/quote]

At that dinner we had the first night of LEAD, I sat next to a guy who borrowed the entire amount. Without hesitating, he said it was totally worth it. He did banking though.


That LEAD event completely sold me and I’m totally in love. Johnson for me. Hope to get another fellowship in the spring.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 67
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 15:08
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
injineer wrote:
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
[quote="injineer"][quote="PierrechonWerbecque"]Got the call and accepted with small merit scholarship


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Congrats!


You for sure going to Johnson?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Merit wasn't as high as I was hoping (Johnson is super pricey) so I really wanna hear back from the other schools.

That being said, program seems like a great fit for me personally. Johnson doesn't place as many people into tech as the other schools I'm looking at, but the name carries a lot of weight so it's a toss up.

What about you?[/quote]

At that dinner we had the first night of LEAD, I sat next to a guy who borrowed the entire amount. Without hesitating, he said it was totally worth it. He did banking though.


That LEAD event completely sold me and I’m totally in love. Johnson for me. Hope to get another fellowship in the spring.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]
That's awesome, yeah I can see how IB or prestigious consulting tier would justify it for sure. The dinner definitely put me at 90% sold, talking with a couple professors and students.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Dec 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 15:50
^ Congrats guys. Do you mind sharing how much merit aid you received or define what little means? 0-20, 20-40 etc. or percentage of 1Y tuition?


Curious to know how generous Johnson is as they mention 30% of students receive aid.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 16:48
vision2020 wrote:
^ Congrats guys. Do you mind sharing how much merit aid you received or define what little means? 0-20, 20-40 etc. or percentage of 1Y tuition?


Curious to know how generous Johnson is as they mention 30% of students receive aid.


I received 39k scholarship


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Dec 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 17:19
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
vision2020 wrote:
^ Congrats guys. Do you mind sharing how much merit aid you received or define what little means? 0-20, 20-40 etc. or percentage of 1Y tuition?


Curious to know how generous Johnson is as they mention 30% of students receive aid.


I received 39k scholarship




Gotcha. Congrats again - thanks for the data point.
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020   [#permalink] 06 Dec 2017, 17:19

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  34    Next  [ 671 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.