Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:55 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [4]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 2.77
WE:Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
KampongMBA wrote:
Hey folks - just wanted to quickly shed light on this. The delay is due to the new IT system that Johnson Admissions recently installed (see chat transcript.) The Adcom is in the midst of testing the system out, to avoid any notification errors - e.g. admitted folks getting a deny notice. *gasp* Decisions will start going out once the system has been green-lighted. The best estimate right now is 15th, all the way through Christmas Eve. Good luck folks!

Good to know, testing is definitely worth it. See the following...
https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... 0-students
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi, I am planning to submit my app in Round 3. Wondering if round 3 is a lot more competitive than previous rounds. Can any of you guys shed some light on this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
Send PM
Hey - does anyone know when R2 interview invites should be expected to come out?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
fmbraga wrote:
My status also changed to "under review" today. I submitted on Nov 17th.

Best of luck guys!

My status changed to "under review" as well. Has any R2 applicant received an interview invite yet? i was assuming the interview invites would follow the initial notification date of February 15th as per the website.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Kudos
private345 wrote:
fmbraga wrote:
My status also changed to "under review" today. I submitted on Nov 17th.

Best of luck guys!

My status changed to "under review" as well. Has any R2 applicant received an interview invite yet? i was assuming the interview invites would follow the initial notification date of February 15th as per the website.

Hello,

That was not the case for R1s. We started seeing changes in our status as early as 2 months before the notification date, and formal invites over a month before that date. I believe the gap was due to testing the new system to schedule interviews, so I'd assume we could see the first invites for R2s coming as early as before year end or right after the first decisions for R1s roll out. However, this is just my guess.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Hi Folks,
Can anyone please advise if re-applicants need to use a new email address?
I could not see any option of submitting a new application when I logged in using the same id that I had used last year.
Thanks in advance!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
wallflower13 wrote:
Hi, I am planning to submit my app in Round 3. Wondering if round 3 is a lot more competitive than previous rounds. Can any of you guys shed some light on this?

When you say R3 you mean the January round? If so, yes they get the most number of applications during this round.

If you guys have questions on the Johnson experience, feel free to reach out. Cwc223@cornell.edu.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.97
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
KampongMBA wrote:
Hey folks - just wanted to quickly shed light on this. The delay is due to the new IT system that Johnson Admissions recently installed (see chat transcript.) The Adcom is in the midst of testing the system out, to avoid any notification errors - e.g. admitted folks getting a deny notice. *gasp* Decisions will start going out once the system has been green-lighted. The best estimate right now is 15th, all the way through Christmas Eve. Good luck folks!

I didn't want to believe you but I am starting to now. The waiting is excruciating!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Some interesting developments on ClearAdmit's LiveWire today -- 2 R1 dings, 1 R1 WL, and an R2 interview invite.

Assuming that this information is correct, we should probably start seeing some more results soon...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.97
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
mamandel wrote:
Some interesting developments on ClearAdmit's LiveWire today -- 2 R1 dings, 1 R1 WL, and an R2 interview invite.

Assuming that this information is correct, we should probably start seeing some more results soon...

Interesting. Hopefully that means news will be coming out soon!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Nonprofit, Leadership
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V28
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Just had my skype interview. 22 minutes including my questions.

She gave me a good feeling about our conversation but it was so fast that I suspect I didnt do that well.

Now: 3 weeks of anxiety...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
This is fast becoming my favorite applicant thread in the forum - the people here are generally respectful of the Adcom's schedule, and we have current students chiming in actively. The posts in some of the other threads I am currently following are pretty bewildering - sending the Adcom emails that could be described as "not very nice" at best. Keep up the positivity, and wishing all the very best in this final stretch!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Kudos
ChilledBeer89 wrote:
Hi Folks,
Can anyone please advise if re-applicants need to use a new email address?
I could not see any option of submitting a new application when I logged in using the same id that I had used last year.
Thanks in advance!

Yes, you need to apply with a new e-mail ID. I had mailed the Admissions Team before applying in R1.

In the application you have to answer if you had applied earlier and submit the re-application essay.

Hope it helps. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
The guys who have had their Skype interview, when did you guys receive the Skype details for the interview (the Skype ID and Interviewer Name). I received the appointment information immediately on scheduling but haven't received the Skype details for days now.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
someone167 wrote:
The guys who have had their Skype interview, when did you guys receive the Skype details for the interview (the Skype ID and Interviewer Name). I received the appointment information immediately on scheduling but haven't received the Skype details for days now.

Thanks.

someone167

I received an invite to share contact details by my interviewer on skype 5 mins before my interview. I don't think so anyone was provided with his/her interviewer detail before the interview day. Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
sourabhsur123 wrote:
someone167 wrote:

Thanks.

someone167

I received an invite to share contact details by my interviewer on skype 5 mins before my interview. I don't think so anyone was provided with his/her interviewer detail before the interview day. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot. Good Luck for your result. Keep us posted. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
someone167 wrote:
sourabhsur123 wrote:
someone167 wrote:

Thanks.

someone167

Thanks a lot. Good Luck for your result. Keep us posted. :)

Thanks buddy. All the best to you too! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts