Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 02:10 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.97
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.99
WE:Analyst (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Zatopek wrote:
sourabhsur123 wrote:
Zatopek wrote:
Just got my interview invitation email. Ended up in the "Promotions" tab in Gmail just for reference. Scheduled mine for the 16th of November. Best of luck everyone.

Zatopek

I hope you had a gr8 interview! :) Can you please share your interview experience?

Everything was pretty straightforward. I interviewed with an adcom and it seems like half interviewed with adcoms and half with 2nd years. My interviewer was friendly and asked a bunch of softball questions. It only took 30 minutes and there was no idle chit-chat, he basically jumped straight into questions after I spent a second talking about how I got to Ithaca and when.

Stuff I remember:

Why MBA?
Why Johnson?
Backup Career Plans?
Examples of Leadership?
Anything Else You Want to Share?

I'd say it was one of the easier interviews I've done thus far.

Also, I logged into my application a few days after my interview and my status has changed to "Under Review." So in 2 weeks it looks like I'll start refreshing that page on a constant basis until I hear my final decision.

Thanks a lot Zatopek for sharing your experience. All the best for the results! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GPA: 3.1
WE:Science (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
anyone applied in R2 for the one year program ? any interview for R2 applicants ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.67
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
I submitted my application for R2 on 10/30. The admissions committee did a preliminary review of my application and I just received an invitation request to L.E.A.D. for 12/3-12/4. Anyone else in a similar boat?!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
BigTuffy wrote:
I submitted my application for R2 on 10/30. The admissions committee did a preliminary review of my application and I just received an invitation request to L.E.A.D. for 12/3-12/4. Anyone else in a similar boat?!

I also just received this email. Applied R2, but I actually already interviewed through JWiB.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mamandel wrote:
BigTuffy wrote:

I also just received this email. Applied R2, but I actually already interviewed through JWiB.

Nice! A small victory in the journey then. This is really short notice though, hah.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
BigTuffy wrote:
mamandel wrote:
BigTuffy wrote:

Nice! A small victory in the journey then. This is really short notice though, hah.

My thoughts exactly!

Didn't L.E.A.D. just take place for R1? Did anyone here participate and care to share their experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q39 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
BigTuffy wrote:

I'm in the same boat and just received this email as well. Does anyone know if this is considered an official interview invitation? Or are they going to send another invitation to interview if we cannot attend the L.E.A.D event? As much as I would love to attend, it may be hard to make to trip up to Ithaca on such short notice! :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ed2289 wrote:
BigTuffy wrote:

I'm in the same boat and just received this email as well. Does anyone know if this is considered an official interview invitation? Or are they going to send another invitation to interview if we cannot attend the L.E.A.D event? As much as I would love to attend, it may be hard to make to trip up to Ithaca on such short notice! :(

Glad to see there are some others! I'm a bit confused too. I may have an easier time attending since I am in NYC, but I want to know if this is official as well. The email makes it sound that way.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I attended LEAD on November 19/20th. Did my interview while there as well. It was a lot of fun so you should definitely make an effort to attend.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TPCFA wrote:
I attended LEAD on November 19/20th. Did my interview while there as well. It was a lot of fun so you should definitely make an effort to attend.

Noted. I will definitely try. Anyone know what percentage of invited applicants receive the invitation to LEAD?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
BigTuffy wrote:
TPCFA wrote:

Noted. I will definitely try. Anyone know what percentage of invited applicants receive the invitation to LEAD?

There were about 25-30 of us at the first LEAD event.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
My interview for the one year program (applied in R1) was a couple of nights back (via Skype). The representative from the AdCom was very friendly and she ensured that the interview was spread like an everyday conversation. I have detailed below a list of questions that I was asked (and that I remember being asked); if there are other entrepreneurs who have received interview calls then the following may help -

1. Run me through your academic and professional background
2. Questions on my start-up (this accounted for 12 to 14 minutes) how many employees, funding, global presence, why the brand name changed (I originally launched my venture under a different name), questions on who acquired my venture and how I went about the transition
3. Why MBA at this stage, Why Johnson, Short Term Goals and Backup Plans
4. Challenging situations faced as an entrepreneur and how I dealt with conflicts at the workplace
5. Which clubs (and how specifically will I contribute to EVCC Club)
6. What do I do in my free time
7. Any questions I had for the AdCom

Overall, I believe the interview went well. It lasted for about 35 to 40 minutes. I have been advised that I would receive a notification (hopefully a stress relieving one :p) in 3 to 4 weeks. Hope this helps and all the best to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [2]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
I just finished my interview for the 2-year MBA program at Cornell and had a great experience!! It was a 39-min conversational Skype interview with a member of the adcom. She started telling me about the admissions process at Cornell and then went straight to the questions:

Why MBA?
Why Johnson?
ST goals? Back up plan if I can't secure a work authorization visa in the US?
Tell me about your professional experience and how you got there.
Leadership experience
Teamwork experience
How would your teammates describe you
Summarize in 3 bullet points what I should tell the adcom after this interview (I wasn't expecting this but I think I was able to cope with it just fine)
Do you have any questions for me?

They'll be rolling out admissions during December and January. She confirmed the 3-4 week witing period until candidates are notified and thought that because of Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas, I could expect a decision towards the end of the year.

Overall, I'd say it's been one of the easiest conversations I've had during an interview. I felt very comfortable and relaxed at all times.

BTW, in case you are wondering, my interviewer was in Ithaca (they take turns to offer interviews to accomodate for international students based on different time zones).

Good luck to those of you who are still waiting for your interview!

kheown
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
kheown wrote:
I just finished my interview for the 2-year MBA program at Cornell and had a great experience!! It was a 39-min conversational Skype interview with a member of the adcom. She started telling me about the admissions process at Cornell and then went straight to the questions:

Why MBA?
Why Johnson?
Leadership experience
Teamwork experience
Summarize in 3 bullet points what I should tell the adcom after this interview (I wasn't expecting this but I think I was able to cope with it just fine)

They'll be rolling out admissions during December and January. She confirmed the 3-4 week witing period until candidates are notified and thought that because of Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas, I could expect a decision towards the end of the year.

Overall, I'd say it's been one of the easiest conversations I've had during an interview. I felt very comfortable and relaxed at all times.

BTW, in case you are wondering, my interviewer was in Ithaca (they take turns to offer interviews to accomodate for international students based on different time zones).

kheown

I had my interview about half an hour before yours I believe! My interviewer was also in Ithaca and the interview lasted for about 45 minutes.
Similar questions:
Why MBA?
Why Johnson?
How will you contribute to the community here?
Short term and long term goals?
Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict

Overall it went quite well. The interview was friendly and conversational and the interviewer even made sure to give me the contact details of others I could reach out to for specific questions I had.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Nonprofit, Leadership
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V28
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Congrats! Got my invitation 2 days ago and chduled for Dec 10th.

Really Really anxious!!!! :)

Poirot19 wrote:
kheown wrote:

Why MBA?
Why Johnson?
Leadership experience
Teamwork experience

kheown

I had my interview about half an hour before yours I believe! My interviewer was also in Ithaca and the interview lasted for about 45 minutes.
Similar questions:
Why MBA?
Why Johnson?
How will you contribute to the community here?
Short term and long term goals?
Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict

Overall it went quite well. The interview was friendly and conversational and the interviewer even made sure to give me the contact details of others I could reach out to for specific questions I had.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Same question here. Anyone knows how the LEAD invite is being sent out? Only to those R2 early submitters (who submitted in Oct)? I submitted on Nov17 so there's no way I should be expecting that invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Can someone explain what the LEAD event is?? Or what it's for?? Lol completely in the dark ??
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts