Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 21:16 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
ChaoticTheory wrote:
Thanks dtse86! One more question for you. Do you happen to know if they'll have scholarship weekends similar to years past, or if they'll switch it up this year since they're now doing rolling admissions?? Not sure if maybe you heard whisperings around the admissions office. Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure if they intend to continue the scholarship weekends. However, some of the "whispers" I've heard was that many current students thought that many of the activities and successes from the scholarship weekends should be brought into the admissions evaluation process and so the LEAD events were created. This leads me to think that the LEAD events are a replacement for the scholarship weekends.

Like I said, I'm not sure about this and this information is well beyond second-hand, but from what I've seen and heard, the LEAD events are structured to be very similar to the scholarship weekends. Regardless, I think it's great that more potential students get to experience this great event and I do know for a fact that DJ is still happening!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
dtse86 wrote:
ChaoticTheory wrote:
Thanks dtse86! One more question for you. Do you happen to know if they'll have scholarship weekends similar to years past, or if they'll switch it up this year since they're now doing rolling admissions?? Not sure if maybe you heard whisperings around the admissions office. Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure if they intend to continue the scholarship weekends. However, some of the "whispers" I've heard was that many current students thought that many of the activities and successes from the scholarship weekends should be brought into the admissions evaluation process and so the LEAD events were created. This leads me to think that the LEAD events are a replacement for the scholarship weekends.

Like I said, I'm not sure about this and this information is well beyond second-hand, but from what I've seen and heard, the LEAD events are structured to be very similar to the scholarship weekends. Regardless, I think it's great that more potential students get to experience this great event and I do know for a fact that DJ is still happening!

Makes sense. Thanks a bunch for your help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Got invited for an interview last week. Will be in Ithaca over the next weekend. Message me if anyone else will be visiting. Would love to meet other applicants.

Good luck for everyone who is still waiting. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
mbahopeful101 wrote:
Got invited for an interview last week. Will be in Ithaca over the next weekend. Message me if anyone else will be visiting. Would love to meet other applicants.

Did you apply by the Round 2 deadline? by 17th Nov?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
private345 wrote:
mbahopeful101 wrote:

No - Round 1.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
private345 wrote:
mbahopeful101 wrote:

No - Round 1.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Kudos
Had my Skype interview a couple of hours back with an adcom member. One of the most chilled out interview experiences I have had till now. Mostly standard questions on work, post-MBA goals, what all clubs I would like to join at Johnson, what all other schools I am applying to. No curve-ball questions as such. All the best to others who have their interviews scheduled.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Latest on Cornell interview invites!! Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
My application is still under review... is there any possiblity I might still get an Interview invite ? I was really hopeful while submitting the form
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
My application status changed from "submitted" to "under review" today.
ps. I submitted on Nov 16th
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
My status also changed to "under review" today. I submitted on Nov 17th.

Best of luck guys!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Had my interview this afternoon, was really pleased with the experience. 2nd year student, relaxed, conversational. Paired with someone from an entirely different career perspective, which I was happy with because I was able to experience the diversity at Johnson.

Hopeful for the best! And best of luck to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Submitted on 17th but no change in status yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
When will the decisions be declared. It was said 3-4 weeks after the interview. My interview was 4 weeks back :(.
Has anyone heard from them ?
Also it shows on the summary page that 1 person is admitted, 1 denied. Have the decisions started to roll out?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
Send PM
Submited on november 17,

My status changed to under review 4 days ago.

Good Luck to all of you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Destinee001 wrote:
When will the decisions be declared. It was said 3-4 weeks after the interview. My interview was 4 weeks back :(.
Has anyone heard from them ?
Also it shows on the summary page that 1 person is admitted, 1 denied. Have the decisions started to roll out?

I think that admit was there in September/October so it must be wrong. Not sure about the ding though...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Submitted on the 17th - status just changed to "under review" for what it's worth
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts