GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2019, 22:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 May 2019
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2019, 02:12
dbsheta wrote:
rohansethi94 wrote:
Yes my goal was to stay in consulting after MBA. I am not so sure if the case study depends on the goal or the type of interview.

Posted from my mobile device


I was told since my goal was in consulting, that's why I was given a consulting question. Nevertheless, it is a very small question and you'll be able to answer it with your past experience.


I have no experience in consulting, and my goal is of becoming a project manager. But still to be on the safer side i should prepare for case studies. If there are any resources or tips for the same please share, it will be really helpful for other applicants.
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 139
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2019, 02:25
jonmat123456 wrote:
dbsheta wrote:
rohansethi94 wrote:
Yes my goal was to stay in consulting after MBA. I am not so sure if the case study depends on the goal or the type of interview.

Posted from my mobile device


I was told since my goal was in consulting, that's why I was given a consulting question. Nevertheless, it is a very small question and you'll be able to answer it with your past experience.


I have no experience in consulting, and my goal is of becoming a project manager. But still to be on the safer side i should prepare for case studies. If there are any resources or tips for the same please share, it will be really helpful for other applicants.


You don't need consulting background. Even I don't have that, but your exp in IT is enough. It is not a case study which you get in job interviews.It is rather a very small technology-based case. You'd be asked to provide recommendations to the client or what questions you would ask the client. That's it. It only requires some critical thinking and your tech exp.

Don't fret over it since it is asked at the end (might not even be asked in your case) and you'll get enough time to formulate your response
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 11:12
Hello
It’s been almost 2 weeks since I applied for the MS-MIS program and still did not receive any notification about the status of my application/interview invite. I have been following many forums where people say that they have received the interview invite within a span of a few days and so I was wondering if I consider this delay as a reject from the school?

Posted from my mobile device
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 139
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 11:22
Sanjj11 wrote:
Hello
It’s been almost 2 weeks since I applied for the MS-MIS program and still did not receive any notification about the status of my application/interview invite. I have been following many forums where people say that they have received the interview invite within a span of a few days and so I was wondering if I consider this delay as a reject from the school?

Posted from my mobile device


It seems you applied in round 2. Round 2 deadline is December 1. You may possible get an update few days after the deadline.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 11:29
dbsheta wrote:
Sanjj11 wrote:
Hello
It’s been almost 2 weeks since I applied for the MS-MIS program and still did not receive any notification about the status of my application/interview invite. I have been following many forums where people say that they have received the interview invite within a span of a few days and so I was wondering if I consider this delay as a reject from the school?

Posted from my mobile device


It seems you applied in round 2. Round 2 deadline is December 1. You may possible get an update few days after the deadline.


No the round 1 deadline is Nov 1st for MIS and I applied on 31st October
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 139
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 11:34
Sanjj11 wrote:
dbsheta wrote:
Sanjj11 wrote:
Hello
It’s been almost 2 weeks since I applied for the MS-MIS program and still did not receive any notification about the status of my application/interview invite. I have been following many forums where people say that they have received the interview invite within a span of a few days and so I was wondering if I consider this delay as a reject from the school?

Posted from my mobile device


It seems you applied in round 2. Round 2 deadline is December 1. You may possible get an update few days after the deadline.


No the round 1 deadline is Nov 1st for MIS and I applied on 31st October


This forum is for MBA applicants. I guess you'd get better info on MS forum.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2019
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2019, 02:26
Hi guys,

I am planning to apply for the one-year MBA at Katz but I feel a bit unsure about the GMAT requirements. I just recently decided to apply and didn't have much time to prepare for the test. So, my first attempt was below 600 and I am going to have another attempt next week. Do you see any chance for being admitted with a GMAT score lower than 600? BTW, I'm European and working in Finance...

Would be great to hear what you think!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jul 2017
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2019, 06:18
I am also applying for KATZ, but do we need to convert your score to GPA? I am quite confused with "If you have a non-4.0 Scale GPA list your GPA or Performance Report here." this statement.

Other colleges that I applied explicitly mentioned not to convert score if not in GPA format.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Apr 2019
Posts: 10
Schools: Katz '22 (II)
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V28
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 11:37
1
I got an invite for an interview today. Any advise or inputs will be helpful.
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 10
Location: United States (PA)
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.05
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 11:55
1
vvskakarot wrote:
I got an invite for an interview today. Any advise or inputs will be helpful.
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device


It was a pretty standard interview. She walked through my resume, asked me about my goals, and things I like to do outside of work. I was a pitt undergrad and we talked for a solid 10 minutes just about the school and everything that has changed in the last 5 or so years.

Be able to identify times you were a leader, what you struggle with and how an MBA can help with that, and something that you want to take advantage of while in the program.

Just got my acceptance yesterday! Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Apr 2019
Posts: 10
Schools: Katz '22 (II)
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V28
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 11:58
rck1099 wrote:
vvskakarot wrote:
I got an invite for an interview today. Any advise or inputs will be helpful.
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device


It was a pretty standard interview. She walked through my resume, asked me about my goals, and things I like to do outside of work. I was a pitt undergrad and we talked for a solid 10 minutes just about the school and everything that has changed in the last 5 or so years.

Be able to identify times you were a leader, what you struggle with and how an MBA can help with that, and something that you want to take advantage of while in the program.

Just got my acceptance yesterday! Good luck!


Wow congrats! Thank you so much for the information. :)
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7330
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2019, 00:03
rck1099 wrote:
It was a pretty standard interview. She walked through my resume, asked me about my goals, and things I like to do outside of work. I was a pitt undergrad and we talked for a solid 10 minutes just about the school and everything that has changed in the last 5 or so years.

Be able to identify times you were a leader, what you struggle with and how an MBA can help with that, and something that you want to take advantage of while in the program.

Just got my acceptance yesterday! Good luck!

Congrats on admit! As there is not much information about Katz interviews available on forum, I would really appreciate if you could take some time to write your interview experience in detail in Katz interview debriefs section.
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 17
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.52
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2019, 21:43
Sorry for the previous link.
This is the correct one -
https://chat.whatsapp.com/GxEap1dQnDM0XXNNXirSqC

Posted from my mobile device
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 582
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 07:27
Narenn wrote:
rck1099 wrote:
It was a pretty standard interview. She walked through my resume, asked me about my goals, and things I like to do outside of work. I was a pitt undergrad and we talked for a solid 10 minutes just about the school and everything that has changed in the last 5 or so years.

Be able to identify times you were a leader, what you struggle with and how an MBA can help with that, and something that you want to take advantage of while in the program.

Just got my acceptance yesterday! Good luck!

Congrats on admit! As there is not much information about Katz interviews available on forum, I would really appreciate if you could take some time to write your interview experience in detail in Katz interview debriefs section.

I got mine of 13th, I'll update ya as soon as I can
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 11 Dec 2019, 07:27

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 34 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne