It is currently 20 Jan 2018, 09:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Admits: 2018 Intake; Class of 2019/20

new topic post reply Update application status  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3957 [0], given: 2516

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Kellogg Admits: 2018 Intake; Class of 2019/20 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2017, 19:51
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi to all admits ,

Let's connect here and start helping each other! We can talk about next steps, funding, moving to Evanston, welcome weekend etc..

Current Kellogg students willing to help new admits :thumbup:

• ENGRTOMBA2018 - MBA'18
  • Mimster - MBA'19 (Willing to help out admits when they come over for the admit weekend and moving to Evanston etc.)

2 Yr MBA Admits

1 Yr MBA Admits

MMM Admits

The Indian Male MBA Application Guide

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Last edited by Narenn on 15 Dec 2017, 19:22, edited 2 times in total.
Update

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits: 2018 Intake; Class of 2019/20 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2017, 20:04

Helpful Posts from Previous Kellogg Admit Threads

ENGRTOMBA2018 wrote:
BSeasoned wrote:

Does kellogg provide atleast upto 80% of COA loans to international students? If I am not wrong, international students have only one loan option (something called option B) if they don't have US based co-signer. Does Kellogg offer substential loan covering ~80% of COA with this loan?

Yes, Kellogg does provide 80% of COA loans to almost all if not to all the students (it becomes a bit difficult for students in R3 of applications). But the international students I know here at Kellogg, got close to 100% of COA. So rest assured, Kellogg understands the need of international students to get loans at competitive rates.

As for option B, yes, you are correct that this option is for people with non-US co-signors. But option B does not mean that you will not get atleast 80% of COA. If you fill out your application correctly, you should get atleast 80% of COA, if not 100%. Kellogg is aware of the fact that there are not many options for international students and they want to convert every single admit to a confirmed admit. Wait for you to get your official admit email detailing what you need to do for the next steps. See if you can get contact details of the person in the financial aid. Refer to (in the meantime) http://www.northwestern.edu/sfs/financi ... index.html

If you still are not sure of how to proceed with this financial aid thing, PM me mid Jan and I will provide you the details of the financial aid coordinator.

Additionally, use the link (http://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-a ... l#p1627585) from last year's admit class at Kellogg to guide you on what to expect.

Hope this helps.

ENGRTOMBA2018 wrote:
KronicXD wrote:
Was going through funding options. Doesn't look like a lot of scholarships for non-US citizens. Or is that just me?

Also does anyone know what the outcome generally is after filing the financial aid application? Are scholarships given or just loans? If scholarships is there an idea of what that looks like?

Posted from my mobile device

Unfortunately, scholarships for international students are scarce. Most of the time, international students will be given loans (usually at competitive rates) rather than scholarships. Financial aid application will let you be selected for the loans.

As for scholarships, if you did not receive it with the admit letter, then unfortunately, you did not receive it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

BSeasoned wrote:
Summary of my interactions with finaid team and other students is as follows. You all are welcome to add-
1. Kellogg offers NU student loans for international students (Option A- US cosigner, Option B- International co-signer). With 0.5% difference in interest rates
2. Kellogg finaid team will assess each case and offer the need based loan
3. Kellogg confirmed that they typically try to complete this process before we have to make the non-refundable deposit. Good!
4. Maximum loan one can get is = COA - scholarship - family funding - other loans
5. I found in some of the older threads that students received the scholarships too as a part of financial rewards.

Did anyone find any other loan options? or any additional useful information? Also anyone received full 80% offer from Prodigy?

The Indian Male MBA Application Guide

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits: 2018 Intake; Class of 2019/20 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2018, 12:53
Great post, thanks very much for the info

I have just sent my FinAid application, specifying the NU Loan for international students as a lender
I really hope this process is simple and that I get full COA, as if not I would be extremely complicated to attend

Best regards

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits: 2018 Intake; Class of 2019/20   [#permalink] 13 Jan 2018, 12:53

Calling all Kellogg Admits: 2018 Intake; Class of 2019/20

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap