GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 19:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Mar 2013
Posts: 42
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.25
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 15:00
Something interesting to point out is that Yale also had video questions this year, and they appear to have a similar application format, but I haven't seen any date updates since my app was submitted for R1? Strange...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Exodus 35:6
Joined: 07 Jul 2014
Posts: 53
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 3.55
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 18:45
monkeymadness wrote:
Anyone who applied/dinged to other schools know what the link URL looks like for decisions (for the app system).

Hey monkeymadness it's something like - "view update" tab on the main app page -> then you get to see the admit/ding/WL letter with links to faqs n admit students site. Kellogg will be similar I believe. You can access with the same login credentials as your app.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Exodus 35:6
Joined: 07 Jul 2014
Posts: 53
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 3.55
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 18:49
Yash1612 wrote:
pdhir wrote:
Mine changed to 12/08 now...it is changing everyday from last 4 days. Seems more like a glitch now. :shock:


Same here. If at all these date changes are not random (and there are high chances that they are random), it would mean they are evaluating borderline candidates who they are unsure of. I would consider a non changing time stamp as a positive thing here.

Your theory is convincing Yash1612
But I thought video essays are "no big deal" when it comes to making the final decision especially after the submission of interview report.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2012
Posts: 200
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 19:13
1
CentralBanker wrote:
Yash1612 wrote:
pdhir wrote:
Mine changed to 12/08 now...it is changing everyday from last 4 days. Seems more like a glitch now. :shock:


Same here. If at all these date changes are not random (and there are high chances that they are random), it would mean they are evaluating borderline candidates who they are unsure of. I would consider a non changing time stamp as a positive thing here.

Your theory is convincing Yash1612
But I thought video essays are "no big deal" when it comes to making the final decision especially after the submission of interview report.


I think consensus is that the date change signals that your application was accessed on that day, not that the video itself was watched.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Posts: 76
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 23:33
Another update on the video essay date - it is 08/12 now. So, in effect, it seems that it is changing everyday now. If they are accessing our applications everyday, either we are on the borderline or just a part of the entire lot from which they are going to make final selections. Else, a bunch of applications are in one lot and the date changes for all when even one of them is updated / accessed. Few more days of directionless speculations. :|
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2012
Posts: 200
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 05:27
1
YumBeeA wrote:
Another update on the video essay date - it is 08/12 now. So, in effect, it seems that it is changing everyday now. If they are accessing our applications everyday, either we are on the borderline or just a part of the entire lot from which they are going to make final selections. Else, a bunch of applications are in one lot and the date changes for all when even one of them is updated / accessed. Few more days of directionless speculations. :|


That's a good theory. It would be interesting to know if any applicants with waivers have seen a date change on either the 8th or the 9th. Anyone?

FWIW, mine is still stuck in November, so I'm going to go ahead and say my fate has already been sealed.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jun 2013
Posts: 66
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 05:30
forevertfc wrote:
YumBeeA wrote:
Another update on the video essay date - it is 08/12 now. So, in effect, it seems that it is changing everyday now. If they are accessing our applications everyday, either we are on the borderline or just a part of the entire lot from which they are going to make final selections. Else, a bunch of applications are in one lot and the date changes for all when even one of them is updated / accessed. Few more days of directionless speculations. :|


That's a good theory. It would be interesting to know if any applicants with waivers have seen a date change on either the 8th or the 9th. Anyone?

FWIW, mine is still stuck in November, so I'm going to go ahead and say my fate has already been sealed.


forevertfc - Mine is stuck in November too. I'm not sure that it's going to be good news! :cry:
_________________

Follow my blog: My Journey to Business School

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 54
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q33 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.9
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 05:31
forevertfc wrote:
YumBeeA wrote:
Another update on the video essay date - it is 08/12 now. So, in effect, it seems that it is changing everyday now. If they are accessing our applications everyday, either we are on the borderline or just a part of the entire lot from which they are going to make final selections. Else, a bunch of applications are in one lot and the date changes for all when even one of them is updated / accessed. Few more days of directionless speculations. :|


That's a good theory. It would be interesting to know if any applicants with waivers have seen a date change on either the 8th or the 9th. Anyone?

FWIW, mine is still stuck in November, so I'm going to go ahead and say my fate has already been sealed.


Yes - applicants who received waivers have also seen recent date changes. Mine is current showing 12/08.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2014
Posts: 65
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Dec 2014, 06:19
I agree. I think the fact that waiver applicants getting date changes recently makes me think it's those who are on the borderline. They are prob going through all the quotas at this point and making sure they get a diverse class on all angles.

Originally posted by monkeymadness on 09 Dec 2014, 06:04.
Last edited by monkeymadness on 09 Dec 2014, 06:19, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2014
Posts: 75
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Asset Management (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 06:10
monkeymadness wrote:
I agree I think the fact that waiver applicants getting date changes recently makes me to think it's those who are on the borderline. They are prob going through all the quotas at this point and making sure they get a diverse class on all angles.


Does anyone with a waiver not have a 12/8 date?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2014
Posts: 27
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 07:12
A mild observation: folks with >740 have not seen their date change to any December date, on the other hand folks with <740 or with waivers are seeing December dates.

Seems decision for high scorers was already made in November and now adcomms are coming around for borderline cases.

Is there anyone exception to the above observation ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Posts: 99
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 07:20
pdhir wrote:
A mild observation: folks with >740 have not seen their date change to any December date, on the other hand folks with <740 or with waivers are seeing December dates.

Seems decision for high scorers was already made in November and now adcomms are coming around for borderline cases.

Is there anyone exception to the above observation ?



I'm an exception, I have my date changed. I think that the waived interviews seeing the date change means its probably a negative. Going in I thought with my GMAT score I'd be looking at a nice spot on the waitlist, since I'm not confident about the rest of my app. This might be pointing towards that. All speculation though.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Posts: 293
Location: India
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 07:21
shahibipul wrote:
gmatter780 wrote:
Hahaha the levels of speculation here is amusing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The date changes whenever they open your online record (for whatever reasons). Everytime I or my friends have written to them with an update about our application (post submission), the date changes. In their own words "we have added this update to your application." ..I doubt they are watching the videos those many times.

Btw, did anyone with a waiver receive an interview invite yet?


Yes, this is a good way to kill time :-D :-D But you agree a date change means they are opening the applications? That is reason enough to speculate :-D :-D

No invite yet for anyone waived that I know. They have not even opened my application since time immemorial :( :(


I am in a similar situation!! Last date changed was 10/13!!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 64
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.64
WE: Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 07:22
Another exception, my video date changed a few times and is now 11/28.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 07:40
pdhir wrote:
A mild observation: folks with >740 have not seen their date change to any December date, on the other hand folks with <740 or with waivers are seeing December dates.

Seems decision for high scorers was already made in November and now adcomms are coming around for borderline cases.

Is there anyone exception to the above observation ?


760 here - last date change was end of October, then 12/5,7,8,9 (not sure about 12/6).
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2014
Posts: 65
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 07:42
goinggolfing wrote:
Another exception, my video date changed a few times and is now 11/28.



I am also in CPG (based in Chicago). Maybe it's done by Work Experience? My date is 11/28.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2014
Posts: 6
GRE 1: Q800 V650
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 07:44
Mine hasn't changed since 11/17
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 54
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q33 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.9
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 07:47
sachdix wrote:
shahibipul wrote:
gmatter780 wrote:
Hahaha the levels of speculation here is amusing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The date changes whenever they open your online record (for whatever reasons). Everytime I or my friends have written to them with an update about our application (post submission), the date changes. In their own words "we have added this update to your application." ..I doubt they are watching the videos those many times.

Btw, did anyone with a waiver receive an interview invite yet?


Yes, this is a good way to kill time :-D :-D But you agree a date change means they are opening the applications? That is reason enough to speculate :-D :-D

No invite yet for anyone waived that I know. They have not even opened my application since time immemorial :( :(


I am in a similar situation!! Last date changed was 10/13!!


Has anyone heard of a change with the wavier policy? Last year there seemed to be lots of invites for Skype interviews - with most of them coming just days after the waviers went out. This year, we haven't even seen one confirmed interview invite. This is frustrating, as I'm sure many of us would have approached the interview differently with this information.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 May 2014
Posts: 98
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 07:51
another update on my video essay. the date now shows 12/09.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Posts: 293
Location: India
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 07:52
TheLevin wrote:
monkeymadness wrote:
I agree I think the fact that waiver applicants getting date changes recently makes me to think it's those who are on the borderline. They are prob going through all the quotas at this point and making sure they get a diverse class on all angles.


Does anyone with a waiver not have a 12/8 date?


I guess there should be many of them. I am one!!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 09 Dec 2014, 07:52

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  36   37   38   39   40  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.