GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 22:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

December 19, 2018

December 19, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

Chat with UCLA Adcoms in GMATClub Chat Room. With less than a month to R2 deadline, I hope the chat session will prove to be very helpful. Wednesday, Dec 19 @ 9AM PST
  • Yale R1 Admit is Here to Answer YOUR Questions!

December 19, 2018

December 19, 2018

10:00 AM PST

11:00 AM PST

One of our forum members, ak99 recently got accepted at Yale SOM in Round 1. He accepted our invitation to interact with the new applicants, share his insights about the application process, and answer the queries of applicants.

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 3.55
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 18:48
For a change from "Date change - conspiracy theories" topic! (say for only few minutes) :)

Kellogg Admit Weekned aka Day At Kellogg (DAK) is scheduled on Feb 5-8, 2015
Checkout the latest youtube promotional video by Kellogg (DAK 2015)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA5PibcyZ5w

Seems Kellogg Adcom is all set (except few waived-Skype interviews).. Remember that they got a 2-week head start this time due to the advancing of R1 deadline.. :cool
Hope all Kellogg Gmatclubbers get a chance to attend DAK :gl
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 19:43
A date change again. If it is a pool system, all of us should see date changes as they should be adding / removing to each pool - selected, waitlisted or dinged everyday. May be there are pools but of different sorts - Work experience, Location, etc. and the updates are happening as per those.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.43
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 20:11
sachdix wrote:

I am in a similar situation!! Last date changed was 10/13!!

While everyone is fretting over multiple date changes, I and probably my friend above seem to be the only people on the forum who wish there were some change at least. It is stuck at 10/28. Here's to us :beer :P
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 2.8

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 22:06
shahibipul wrote:
sachdix wrote:

I am in a similar situation!! Last date changed was 10/13!!

While everyone is fretting over multiple date changes, I and probably my friend above seem to be the only people on the forum who wish there were some change at least. It is stuck at 10/28. Here's to us :beer :P

Mmm, beer! I've been sticking up. It's how I plan to survive this weekend! :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE: General Management (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 22:26
Yeah, the last date on mine is 11/13, almost a month ago. I have no idea what that means, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 23:49
I think the video essay speculation will end only after Kellogg releases its decisions. When you receive your decision, please come bac to this thread and post your last date change! :) I'm sure it'll be helpful for R2 applicants and save them some heartache!

PS: My last date change was 11/22. Seems like my fate is sealed. I'm not sure if I should be optimistic or not!

Follow my blog: My Journey to Business School

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 04:51
Mine finally changed from 10/30 to 12/09. Should I be relieved or worried?

This date changing mystery is going to be one hell of an ice-breaker on campus for all those who will be admitted. :P
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V43
GPA: 3.45

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 05:30
It is tempting to add my bit to this video essay theory. So here it is-

Waived Applicants - If you're seeing an update for your video essay, then most likely you're being considered for Skype interviews at the moment. If the date hasn't changed since the waiver, then it may not be a great sign.

Interviewed Applicants - A video essay update should be a harbinger of better things as the Adcom is closing on the class for this round. If your date has not moved from some day in November, then perhaps you have been sidelined from the contest.

- I was interviewed on 28/10 and my video essay date has not changed from 20/11. Also, I have this feeling that I bombed my interview totally.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 05:48
This is a valid guess, also agree with others that could be borderline candidates and your lack of a change is sign that they made decision, be it good or bad some time ago.

What is your gmat out of curiosity? mine is (47/41 - 710) and my date is moving daily

pratap92 wrote:

Waived Applicants - If you're seeing an update for your video essay, then most likely you're being considered for Skype interviews at the moment. If the date hasn't changed since the waiver, then it may not be a great sign.

Interviewed Applicants - A video essay update should be a harbinger of better things as the Adcom is closing on the class for this round. If your date has not moved from some day in November, then perhaps you have been sidelined from the contest.

- I was interviewed on 28/10 and my video essay date has not changed from 20/11. Also, I have this feeling that I bombed my interview totally.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 06:03
pratap92 wrote:

The only thing I doubt is the fact that they are still reviewing people at this stage of the game. The app deadline was weeks earlier this year and the notification deadline being the same. Other schools are releasing decisions already and in a compressed time frame. I am leaning towards the "updating status" theory as that would make much more sense. The fact that the DAK video came out yesterday makes me think things should be wrapped up and now it's a matter of just getting all the data in the system.

Side-note: date change could also depend on program. Seems like this week has been all 2Y applicants.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 07:01
One comment that bodes poorly for me as someone whose date keeps changing (has changed again already today 12/10) in the argument of does updates for those who have interviewed mean borderline or updates with a ding is that common sense dictates that more people be rejected than accepted and it seems like more people are reporting date movement compared to stagnation around 11/10 - 11/25.

The issue i have is that i would think the first people to have their status updated would be for dings and the first dings would most likely go to people who got waivers and it seems like most waver people arent reporting repeated changes
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 07:01
One comment that bodes poorly for me as someone whose date keeps changing (has changed again already today 12/10) in the argument of does updates for those who have interviewed mean borderline or updates with a ding is that common sense dictates that more people be rejected than accepted and it seems like more people are reporting date movement compared to stagnation around 11/10 - 11/25.

The issue i have is that i would think the first people to have their status updated would be for dings and the first dings would most likely go to people who got waivers and it seems like most waver people arent reporting repeated changes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 630 Q33 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 07:18
PMD8833 wrote:

Mine has changed to 12/10 as well, and I'm a wavier applicant.

No idea what to make of it at this point. :|
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 07:24
downeaster wrote:
PMD8833 wrote:

Mine changed too. Interviewed, but doesn't look good. Long shot, but maybe we can get someone who gets in to H/S today that applied to Kellogg that can say what their date looks like.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 07:27
Cubsfan87 wrote:
downeaster wrote:
PMD8833 wrote:

Mine changed too. Interviewed, but doesn't look good. Long shot, but maybe we can get someone who gets in to H/S today that applied to Kellogg that can say what their date looks like.

Why long shot? 750 and a 3.5 is great
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 07:32
Pottsmi1 wrote:
Why long shot? 750 and a 3.5 is great

I meant long shot as getting an H/S admit that applied here to also post their video date. Personally I have been anticipating WL from the start based on UG school and average WE. GMAT is probably the strong point of my app.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 07:36
My best friend works in UG admissions. He told me that the week before decisions, his entire admissions team double checks the acceptance/rejection list to make sure each applicant receives the correct notification about their decision. The worse case scenario would be for someone to receive an acceptance call/email when that person was actually rejected. I'm assuming that's what we're seeing here, but I don't know why these date changes are not universal.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 07:41
trivium wrote:
My best friend works in UG admissions. He told me that the week before decisions, his entire admissions team double checks the acceptance/rejection list to make sure each applicant receives the correct notification about their decision. The worse case scenario would be for someone to receive an acceptance call/email when that person was actually rejected. I'm assuming that's what we're seeing here, but I don't know why these date changes are not universal.

TRIVIUM WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN. ENLIGHTEN US! You are an insider.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 07:50
monkeymadness wrote:
trivium wrote:

TRIVIUM WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN. ENLIGHTEN US! You are an insider.

that makes sense. date change here. it will change every day. the people without date changes haven't seen their fate yet.

Personal Blog: I will answer every single question on my blog.
http://johnthundermba.wordpress.com

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 08:56
trivium wrote:

My Video essay date hasn't changed since 11/11/2014. According to your friends logic, I should expect a straight reject.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 10 Dec 2014, 08:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  38   39   40   41   42  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap